2001 Acura CL

Available in 2 styles:  2001 Acura CL 2dr Coupe shown

19 city / 29 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

very nice driving and handling

by drive em like I stole em. from Cleveland ohio | May 10, 2014

Car runs like a fine tuned top. Bought mine, one owner 171,504 miles. Bought it for my son, wife and I are both hoping he doesnt like it. We both want it, drives better than our Audi S4, not as much horsepower, but drives nicer.

2001 CL-S

by F1FLagger from NE PA. | July 24, 2012

Owned my CL-S since new Now with 235,000 on the clock. Without question the MOST reliable Car I have ever owned. Oil change @5000mi. With Mobil 1 and standard maintainability is all that is needed. Fabulous seats! 29-30 mpg on the highway what more can you ask for!

Extremely reliable, fun to drivr

by KC_GUY from Kansas City | December 5, 2011

I generally trade in my automobiles every 3 to 4 years. The acura CL Type Smore made me reconsider that strategy. I owned it for 10 years and 220,000 miles. It was so reliable and so nice to drive, I didn't feel there was any reason to replace it. The only negative.. a minor one, was that the interior space was small and impractical with the console intruding into the back seat compartment and the bucket seats. We always to my wife's little Yaris when we needed cargo space..lol. But then the CL is a sports sedan.. not a family hauler.

Acura CL 3.2 Type S

by CL freak from Huntington beach, CA | November 10, 2011

One of the best cars Acura ever made and they are idiots for not making another one just cause they didn't know how to market it. dumb advertiserd. I could have sold 100,000 of them in the 3 years yet they could only sell 37K world wide. Best luxury 2 door coupe made for under 30K$ !!!

Acura CL Coupe S-type

by Jaye_black1 from Raleigh, NC | September 25, 2011

Great car for the money. The Acura CL has proven to be reliabilty and sporty at the sometime. I love the interior design, and the handling on my CL is awesome. I have had some manufacture defects, i.e. review mirror auto dimming fluid leakage The SRS light coming on for no reason. Other than this minor issues I have enjoy my car.

love this car

by 34kimo from CA | September 25, 2010

I have a 2011 3.2 CL with less then 50,000 miles on it and I just might keep it for another 10 years!

Ten Years Later

by PortlandPete from Portland, OR | August 8, 2010

I leased the 2001 CL Type S new, and purchased it at the end of the 3.5 year lease. I absolutely love the car. It's fast, comfortable, and is the perfect size: small enough to handle and feel like a sports car, but big enough to carry your golf clubs in the trunk. Sound system is also fantastic. The Type S includes a beautiful, backlit dash, luxurious all-leather interior, and 260 hp. With heated seats and traction control it's also a great winter car. I do have two complaints: first, my transmission failed in 2009 when the car had just under 40k miles (I live within 5 miles of my work). I never want to hear that sound again. Brought it into the dealership and they gave me a free transmission, but apparently about a month later the repair would have cost me over $5000. Second, the paint is poor quality. I have several areas of "bubbling" and fade. Still, at under 50k miles as of summer 2010 I think I'll just have the car repainted. I'll likely drive my CL until Acura produces a similar high end coupe.

Most Desireable

by Dr. Brown from Pasadena, CA | July 9, 2010

The CL is top notch in all respects. Other companies (like Toyota Lexus) dont make anything that comes close. They dont even make a coupe. This CL is extremely comfortable and is great to drive. Acura makes the most comfortable seats. Always have. The side mirors are large, which can be good, but they can inhibit your view looking forward. Takes some getting used to, and be extra careful. There are no blind spots in the body design. The windows give wonderful all-around visibility. The blind spot people mentioned is that the mirrors are very large. Other than this, its a great car and we continue to enjoy it everyday. We had the prior CL bodystyle, 1998, before this CL. The mirrors are not a problem on the 97-99 CL models. Better design. There was no problem with anything on that model. We had absolutley no problems with it and it had 170,000 miles on it when we turned it in for our new CL!

Excellent fun vehicle with great gas mileage

by first coupe from middleton, wi | March 7, 2010

Very smooth acceleration and overall performance. All interior instrument controls are high quality. Love black leather seating which is very comfortable. Surprising amount of luggage room in trunk for a coupe.

amazing car for the money!

by estepper from Montana | June 29, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this car! Fun to drive, well built, gas mileage good for a v-6. I love this car!

Featured Services for this Acura CL