2003 Acura CL

Available in 3 styles:  2003 Acura CL 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

A Great Car and This is my Second CL Coupe S-Type

by 2003 CL S-Type Lover from Chicago, IL (Suburbs) | January 6, 2014

I made this purchase in Fisher Indiana after running into numerous used car dealership inconsistency in the Chicago Metro area. With the help of a colleague at an Illinois Acura dealership we found my used CL in at Ride N Drive. The car is in great shape and actually better than what I expected. The proprietor, Dan, was knowledgeable and professional. He was honest and never attempted to blow smoke. That is the kind of person I like doing business with. When I seek another used car, I will reach out to Dan first above all others. Proud Owner of My Second 2003 CL S-Type

Best car I've ever had

by spooky from | April 22, 2013

190000 and gooing strong. 6 speed stick is awsome. 30 miles per gallon and fast...reliable. Great Car Spooky !!

I LOVE MY CAR

by Khalid from | December 10, 2012

Look this car is just amazing. its fast! its comfortable! it reliable! THIS CAR DOESNT LOOK FAST FROM OUTSIDE BUT TRUST ME THAT 3.2L VTEC IS VERY FAST AND RELIABLE. I MEAN I PUSH THIS CAR EVERY SINGLE DAY AND IT STILL GOES LIKE A CHAMP. AND IT HAS 261,000 MILES.

300,000 miles & still going.

by modave from Columbia, Missouri | October 16, 2012

It finally happened. The automatic transmission puked at 270K miles. I think it went that far because the previous owner took it in for service under the recall. $3K later, I'm back on the road. I purchased this 2003 CL Type S with 99K miles on it. Replaced one HID headlight ballast & bulb, both hood openers & brake pads myself. Dealers replaced the timing belt, water pump & spark plugs all 3 times. I change oil & filter religiously every 5K miles with Mobil-1 5-20 & Fram. Some annoyances: Weak seat belt retractor often leaves belt hanging out the door when exiting. Acura mechanic said he couldn't do anything but clean the pillar loop. Trunk lid springs aren't strong enough because of the extra weight of the rear wing. If you don't watch it, a gentle wind will blow the lid down on your head. Paper thin paint. Had front bumper repainted. Headlight lenses get cloudy too soon after polishing. Wish someone made glass replacements. Still the best car I ever owned. Never had a vehicle go this far without the AC needing service. I'd like to buy another Acura, but the last coupe they made was a 2006 RSX which is too small for my needs.

Acura CLS Best of the Best cars ever built!

by coolspider from Lansing,MI | February 15, 2012

I owned 2001 Acura cls nighthawk black, let me tell its one best car decision I ever made! Its Sporty , luxury , Super fast , sleek, and awesome design of both exterior and interior. this baby gets 260 HP V-tech , still really good on gas.. sound system is awesome too. AND you know its Honda/Acura car will last forever , as long you take care of it!

the wheels

by dolphinman from columbia, sc | November 14, 2011

Great vehicle for the mobey. It is a steal great features not sure about fuel economy. Smooth ridibg comfortable and dpendable.

My favorite car

by JoeMum from Temecula, California | September 21, 2011

I currently drive a CL base and it's fantastic. At first the car may look quite humble, not scary at all. In fact if you look at the front, I think the CL has the best smile out of all the cars. But however, behind that smile lies a 3.2 VTEC engine that is ready to tear up the streets. Hitting 0-60 in around 7 seconds for a FWD makes it is a fast and reliable car. Excellent handling when it comes to turns and condition. Super comfy and amazing sound system. Luxary at such a cheap price it's great :)!

Great car

by Car guy from | September 7, 2011

Great car all around. Sporty, Reliable, Comfortable, Good fuel economy. Good resale value. Handles well. The type S model's acceleration is much better than the regular CL.

Last of the Best Acuras

by CarGuy from SW Ohio | February 25, 2011

Best car I've ever owned. Bought my Anthracite/Black leather Type-S new in '03 and despite test driving every newer toy that's come along over the last 8 years including newer Acuras, I still prefer it's feel and solidity as well as the stealthy, understated style of my Type-S. I've enjoyed outstanding reliability-no repairs in 75k+ miles (brakes/tires ~ 40-45k) with an all around lead-footed average mpg of 24. I enjoy playing with the Auto-manual and never had any maintenance issues with it. Love the high-revving nature and silky smooth sound of the 3.2 VTEC, just drop down a gear and in a blink it's well past any traffic and into 3 digit speeds. Classy is the word to describe it's style and sound, not look-at-me boy-racer noisy. Despite some front drive understeer at the limit it feels light on its feet handling sharply with lightning quick and well weighted steering. Got 40K on oem MXM4s and my newer Pilot Exalto A/S are quieter and grippier. It would be the absolute perfect car if it were rwd, but as is this baby's a beast in the snow. Bose sound is outstanding! Love the interior layout with sloping, low dash, low beltline, and lots of glass/visibility compared to today's tank-like styles that have you looking through slits for windows. Incredibly comfortable leather seats which hug you in the twisties like none other. This car is so well balanced with room, quiet comfort, handling, and gobs of power. An everyday, all-weather smile inducer. I keep an eye on the automotive scene looking for something to replace it someday, but nothing new has the same blend of all the Type-S's qualities in one package, especially from Acura whose recent styling direction has been abominable. I may just keep it forever.

sleeper!!

by nasty nate from Raleigh | December 29, 2010

Bought used with 82,000. First thing (and I can not stress this enough) is avoid the automatic transmission at all costs, major recalls and why take the chance? It will take some digging but the 6 speed is where it’s at! Now, if you can find the 6 speed (only in the Type S and in the 2003 model) you have a super sleeper car that will dust most cars in its price range from stoplight to stoplight! I have personally put a few 3 series BMW's in their place. Outside of the 350z, M3, G35 or the newer Mustangs you should not have a problem getting the best of the other drivers. Another positive is there are not many on the road. It’s a smooth shifter and about the right amount of power to have fun on the on ramp and not get into too much trouble. Standard options are a laundry list of high end must haves. I recommend the touch screen Nav system if you can find it, only 800 of these made with the 6 speed but I got one! Because of the automatic transmission stigma you can get a really great deal on this car. Car is great on the highway as the bucket seats wrap around you and there is more than enough room in the back for two adults (provided they don’t play for the Knicks). Bose in dash 6 disc CD player has tons of power and clarity. Heated seats are a nice bonus in the winter (my girls friend loves this option) Negatives. Repairs are a bit more expensive than the usual Honda but that is the price of swimming in the deep end of the pool. Compared to BMW, Lexus etc. you will spend a lot less in the long run. Headlights are expensive, ($100 a pop) and these cars tend to have a problem with the head light assembly ($500). I test drove 5 of these and they all tend to drift a bit to the right, small concession really but it is something that I have noticed. Clutch repair is also very expensive (quotes from $700 to $2000) but I found a mechanic that works well on Acura’s for a fair price. I have read reviews that these things tear up brake rotors but I have not experienced that problem. I am not in love with the exterior styling but you can do small things to improve it such as a slightly lower tire profile and I also removed the Acura decals to give it a custom look. All in all the positives greatly out weigh the negatives and you can really pick up a super fun and comfortable ride for a great price. Have fun! Just remember no automatic transmissions!

Featured Services for this Acura CL