2013 Acura ILX Hybrid

Est. MPG

39 city / 38 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great and better than expected

by BetaLamda from Chicago | December 3, 2013

I've owned the 2013 ILX Hybrid for a year. I commute about 55 miles a day and wanted a high mileage car. I put the car in Eco mode, and have averaged 40.1 MPG over the course of my first year - beating the advertised 39 MPG. The car is comfortable, reliable, and loaded. The only thing I don't like about it is the voice activated features - not great. Otherwise, a great car. If anyone is considering a Prius, I'd highly recommending testing out the ILX first.

Great comfort and mialage.

by API from Nassau County , N.Y. | September 28, 2013

I have owned both a TL 2009, and an ILX 2013. Both excellent cars the TL is much heavier. Prior to these I owned a Honda Accord and a BMW 325. I leased the TL and later bought it out. The ILX seems like a small version of the TL. Its controls and features are very similar. I can get over 43mg if I'm very careful. The 38 and 39 mpg are easy to achieve. The car is very quiet and has a nice tight turning radius. No problems for the first 15,000 miles and we love it. Cant say anything bad about the navigation system except that it wont let me enter information while I'm moving. I guess this is for safety, my 2009 does allow entry while moving. I'm a big guy, I wasn't comfortable in a 3 series BMW, but this car has lots of room. Another item to mention is the transmission doesn't have gears, it seems to accelerate continuously without shifting, nice feel. We added leather interior and door sill lights not too much else. We do like it, in all ways. I recommend it, take it for a test drive.

Best Car Buy Ever

by RN Driver from Fayetteville, Arkansas | September 22, 2013

Love, love, love this car!!! Also enjoy the compliments from others. Fun to drive. True reflection of manufacturer MPG. Average from 38 to 40 MPG. This car was only one left on lot at the time and it is fully loaded! Had an excellent sales experience. Went online and made an appointment to see car and test drive. Entire time at showroom was less than 2 hours. Shortest time ever spent to seal and sign.:))

Acura ILX Hybrid- better than expected

by East Coast Cruiser from Gales Ferry, CT | September 5, 2013

We just passed 10k miles on our ILX Hybrid. At first, I didn't really like the car but my wife wanted a Hybrid that just looked and drove like a a normal car. The Acura sees a lot of around town use but we've also begun taking it on longer trips. Recently we drove it from CT to Miami and averaged 48mpg. I don't feel the car is underpowered as some reviewers say. The power delivery is smooth and strong once the car is broken in. As a reference, my daily drivers are a Hemi powered 2013 Challenger and Dodge Durango Rallye Package. This car doesn't make the strongest first impression and seems pricey but once you live with it, you'll come to appreciate its comfort and convenience as well as it's luxury. It handles nearly the same as my son's 2012 TSX and he often will take it if he needs to go on longer trips because it has the Tech package. The Technology Package is worth every penny. Great Navigation and the ELS system is fantastic. If you travel, the live radar weather is a nice feature. If you want a nice small luxury sedan that meets or exceeds the mpg rating, this may be your car. Great finish and attention to detail. Another plus is you do get great service from Acura. Some things that could be better: the passenger seat should be a power seat in this class and the seat heaters could be a bit warmer according to my wife. HIghly recommended.

Very disappointing

by Cato from Walnut Creek, Ca. | November 12, 2012

Car is nothing but a "fancied" Honda Civic with the acura name put on it. Hybrid mileage is not as advertised.