2013 Acura ILX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good Choice!

by Tack-O-Lantern from Indianapolis, Indiana | January 20, 2014

We are leasing our ILX; we test drove Civics, Accords, and Fusions. We were looking for compact to mid-size sedans. Fusion was way overpriced; Accords also too expensive. Civic was good, but for the same payment, we were able to get the Acura. Why not right? The ILX drove quieter and smoother than the Civic, with more luxury. The car feels very planted on the road, stable and sporty - in the sense that it accelerates competently and turns are accurate and sharp. Interior noise could be better, but it's a Honda product. They're known for bad interior noise issues. The body is great; it reminds me of a BMW - especially the rear and quarter panels. The interior is luxurious, but I don't necessarily like the interior dash design. It seems shrunken and elongated. It's just a preference, though. The sound system is really good and I appreciate the bluetooth audio. Also, why no dual exhaust pipes? Actually, you can't even see one exhaust pipe, which is really strange. I just love the look of dual exhaust pipes. Out Kia Sportage SX has dual pipes and it looks great! I do wish AWD were an option, since we live where it snows. Plus, it would make me feel safer. Gas mileage is averaging about 30 MPG, combined, which isn't bad. Overall, a great car!

Excellent

by Acura Driver from Dallas, Pa. | October 19, 2013

I've put 30,000 miles on this car and it still feels like new. The ride is excellent and drives well in snow.

Best Car in the market!

by Awesome from dallas, Tx | August 5, 2013

I just got my brand new 2014 car last week and I absolutely love it! This car has been everything and more than i ever thought it would be. Great car and would recommend to everyone!

Lovely car

by nick from bridgeport ct | July 19, 2013

I was very pleased with the level of professionalism of Fred my sales associate. I was not pressured and I left feeling I made the right decision.

Fun Car to Drive

by Heavy on the Gas from NJ | May 28, 2013

My significant other purchased this car brand new in place of her 10 year old Corolla. She got the 2013 5-Speed 2.0L automatic model. From a first look this car has a small and sleek design. The car sits quite low to the ground even for a small sports sedan. Due to the car sitting as low as it does interior visibility comes at a premium. Blind spots can be somewhat difficult to see pending how far back the driver's seat is. The view from through the rear view windshield is also somewhat small relative to similar sized cars. The interior is very nicely done in this car however, with all the electronic features easy to use and understand. In terms of comfort I gave the car a 4/5. My biggest complaint would be that the door frame has minimal room to rest your left hand if that is how you drive, it sits a little too high. Overall the seats are very comfortable for very long or short drives and have yet to cause me any discomfort (Have driven up to 4.5 hours in one day). One thing I really love is how well the seats hug you through turns, especially when taking on/off ramps at higher speeds. I always feel like I am in full control of vehicle. The steering wheel is very light and thus quite touch sensitive. So not much rotation is required to move that car in either direction. The pedals, both break and gas are very touchy. I wouldn't call this a bad thing necessarily, it's probably made that way for safety reasons. A little bit of gas tends to give you a good jerk and the same with the break. One thing I have noticed is sometimes the car seems to be in the wrong gear, usually too low when speeding up. I'm assuming that's just how it's tuned. The rear space is comfortable for two medium sized adults, three would make a tight squeeze. The passenger seat is just as comfy as the drivers. Enough storage room for all your standard needs. The trunk size is quite adequate for a car that seems as small as it is. Also rear seats fold down to provide extra cargo room. Sometimes the vehicle seems underpowered in lower gears given its low curb weight but I guess that's too be expected with only a 150hp engine. Though once you get past that little sluggish stage the car definitely goes. You can easily go up to 80mph on highway and not realize, because it seems like you're doing 65. Overall Acura did a good job introducing this new model. The car gets very good gas mileage. In the first 3,000 miles it averaged around 30.50 mpg (65%HWY/35%CITY)

Luxury at Reasonable Price

by Gym Girl from McLean, VA | February 20, 2013

The ILX is the first Acura I have owned, I love this car. I cannot believe the luxury at such a reasonable price. The car handles like a dream, when turning corners you feel like you are just floating. My one and only complaint is that I could not get the in-dash navigation with the manual transmission. I truly enjoy driving with a stick, it makes driving more interesting. So I was torn about this car because I also wanted the in-dash navigation. With that said, there is a decent compromise with the technology that does come with the car. I can use the navigation system on my iPhone that comes through the sound system of the ILX. I am glad I chose this car, I love it.

Fun car

by Soccer fan from Plainview, NY | January 27, 2013

Only problem is that window washer has frozen in recent northeast cold spell. Will call dealer on next business day to see if there is factory insulation available. Otherwise, after 2 weeks, very happy with car. Phone etc. complicated for a non-electronic person.

Best car

by Tes from Washington DC | December 13, 2012

I have owned this car for 6 months now. Its reliablity, comfortable ride, sporty nature and integration with much of needed latest techinology have kept my confidence growing in it since day one. Never hurt my pocket and the customer service has been amazing. I am happy with my choice of this car over TSX which is slightly roomy.

Fine entry level upscale car

by Jemero from Long Island, New York | November 30, 2012

I had a TSX prior, which ended up being the most reliable car I've ever owned. We got the ILX because it is very similar but smaller and slightly cheaper. We are enjoying the car so far.

Very enjoyable car.

by none from Naples, Florida | September 22, 2012

We really enjoy this vehicle. We like the way it performs and handles. A good value for the price of thecar. It is very stylish and zippy.