1995 Acura Legend

18 city / 25–26 hwy

Overall

Legend Coupe 6 spd

by KA8 from | May 14, 2014

Bought mine with 152k on it. Drove it to 253k. Next owner drove it to 286k - blown headgasket. I really did love that car. Great when I see a clean one on the road.

Most shocking car ever :)

by JDM Car Enthusiast from Daytona Beach, FL | May 11, 2014

I got a 91 KA7 (Sedan) Acura Legend L as a point A to B car in college. Considering that it had over 400K known miles on the motor before the odometer clocked out along with the speedometer even issues with the transmission it was a shockingly pleasant car. The original owner(s) never took care of it but this car was a beast. It kept on moving regardless of issues. My main issue as a college student was never having the money to properly fix it up, my area lacked a lot of these cars so parts were hard to find in the junkyard. The times for some sad reason another Legend KA7 sedan or KA8 coupe ended up in the junk yard most times parts were easy to take and use on my car I was using at the time. As a student I managed to replace parts on this car rather easily with research and restored it to its former "working glory". Can't get around transmission issue really or fix the speedometer without destroying the transmission so I used a Speed App on my phone to get around. It isn't a bad fix to actually fix the transmission but as a college student I made due with what I had. Poured some Lucas in there and made it work. These cars are a rarity. Actually found out they are rarer than BMWs, but then again it depends on the city. My college town has very few riding the streets. I never really noticed any others out there. Tallahassee FL on the other hand I saw some there every time I went out there for family. Even their junk yards had plenty of them there due to poor treatment. Admittedly I received the car with some cosmetic issues but for it's age and appearance it was still a head turner for anyone I pulled up to. For their time they actually had a ton of features way ahead of their time in the 90s. Minus the fact that there are no cup holders this is definitely a car of Luxury, Reliability, Comfort, and even Power. 4 Speed Autos can be driven as a clutchless manual with the gears (1, 2, D3, and D4). With 200 hp, a wider body and lower ride for cars in this category this car will get up and go. So long as one is willing to understand the age of this vehicle if anyone is able to find one in great working condition or knows how to fix cars rather well I'd highly recommend this vehicle as a Luxury, Family, or even a fun car. I miss the car everyday and I dislike sedans. Looking to maybe one day get a 95 KA8 (coupe) Legend LS 6 speed manual with the type two C32A5 3.2L V6 230hp motor. Honda placed a lot of thought into making this car. Though it is still made overseas the name for Acura has been changed over to "Acura TL". The Acura/Honda Legend are amazing cars as a sedan or a coupe. As a automatic or a manual they are made to run for the longevity of the owner so long as they are taken care of.

Wife won't part with it

by Cargazer from Henderson, GA | March 15, 2013

Bought this 95 in 2002 with 56k miles. It has 230k now. Was reliable until 120k when it started coming apart. In one year's time I replaced the following: engine, radiator, veh speed sensor, alternator. We had performed all maint including the timing belt package at 80k. Have also replaced both driveaxles, fuel pump, stereo,etc. The alarm sys malfunctioned 5 years ago. Good things include exhaust, brakes, interior condtion, xmission, power acc. Since the rash of problems at 120k the Legend has been a reliable car that has a lot going for it.

An Instant Classic

by NM LEGEND from Albuquerque | July 31, 2011

I just purchased a 94 legend with 128k miles. What a dream ride with performance under the hood. This car has great lines and an agressive front stance. The interior is top notch with quality written all over it. The 3.2 front will drive is crisp and smooth, punch it and it pulls you back into your seat with meaning. It's not too big and yet not to small. When you drive this car, even in 2011, you still feel like you driving with the best that's out there. If you can find one with low miles grab it quickly.

One of the best cars ever built.

by TM from MD | July 12, 2011

The title of my post says it all. This car never failed me, got a lot of compliments and was fun to drive.

awsome

by go-legend from birmingham,al | October 9, 2010

We bought a 95 legend for $1200. we swapped the engine from the 3.2 to the newer 3.5 from the rl. The car is wonderful and havent had a problem yet on the car. had it 3 years now. very good performence from the 3.5. nice car.

Excellent

by Beeker from Minneapolis, MN | September 24, 2010

If you can find one in excellent condition under $5k, take it. This is the best car you can find for that price. Yes, it may not be built in the 21st century, but as far as reliability goes, it's a lot better than the majority of cars out there. The support that other Legend owners provide is also excellent.

good car

by xxvonnzxx from Temple Hills, MD | March 15, 2010

I was given this car 2 years ago with 193k miles on it. It had two owners before me and I'm not sure how well they took care of it, but it did me good for the short time I had it. pros: great exterior nice interior long-lasting reliable 6 disc cd changer very comfortable and spacious cons: gas mileage only takes premium gas one cup holder Mine just died at 220k and I believe it was only because I didn't take really good care of it. I didn't change the oil as frequently as needed and the engine gave out. This car is very expensive to maintain, if you don't have a lot of money its very hard to keep it up. However, I believe if you take great care of it it'll last possibly over 300k.

My Legend

by gabybaby from bismarck north dakota | September 11, 2008

I loved my 2 door legend L. it was very fast, reliable, had great features, and was overall a great car. Legends are rare, and mine was in excellent condition. i had the four speed transmission with no overdrive. it shifted great. it also got great gas mileage too. it was a wonderful automobile all in all.

Lives up to its name!

by 95Lgnd from CA | May 8, 2008

I owned several Acura Legends and none have disappointed me. This has to be one of the most reliable cars out there. These cars are built to last! I know a few people who drive the Legend and they've had no problems with them either. I had a 92 Acura Legend Coupe with 230,000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. The only reason I bought my 95 Legend Coupe was because I totaled my old one. Pros: Beautifully designed, reliable, loaded with options Cons: They don't make them anymore =(

Featured Services for this Acura Legend