2005 Acura MDX

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Best Used Crossover

by Big Jim from WI | May 3, 2014

3.5 Honda is proven bulletproof. I'm not sure how people are getting such low mpg- for me it's 26-27 highway (65-70 mph) and 17-20 around town, if I'm easy on the throttle. So comfortable! Cheaper than a used Pilot or a highlander around here! How can you go wrong?? (You can't ;)

Still luv it 5 years later

by luv mdx from East hanover, nj | June 30, 2013

I bougt this car over 5 years ago. It was certified from Acura. I have never had any problems. It is reliable, safe, great in snow and drives very nice. Probably will get another used MDX when the time comes. I have 90,000 miles on it and no complaints.

Better than expected

by mom of 2 boys from Orlando, FL | September 24, 2012

I have always been a Honda lover, but with a 3 year old and a 5 year old, as well as a 6'4 husband, I needed more space than,my accord could offer. We test drove the Pacifica and MDX, and I just had to have the MDX. As a taller family of 4, I needed leg room all around, and the added bells and whistles of the leather interior, nav, DVD system, xm radio, and third row seat had me sold. I know acura is a luxury car, but I wasn't expecting the perfection we got for the $. We've haf our baby for 2 months, and its proven safe, reliable, and more than comfortable for the whole family

A good car

by Carloplum from Cherry hill NJ | March 28, 2012

The MDX was a great car, I drive about 28K a year. At 100k it needed cadalitic converters and a timing belt $4000. But trade in was $11,000 so we decided to trade in

I am in love with my vehicle

by GI Jane from Fort Worth TX | January 30, 2012

I bought this vehicle used from a dealer. Got very good deal at end of year. Only had it a couple of months, but I do have a 1996 RL and love it also. Would always recommed Acura.

Best Car i have owned

by Winter Driver from New England | October 17, 2011

My Acura MDX 2005, is the best vehicle i have owned. IT is very comfortable, excellent in winter driving, dependable, in short, it is worth evey penny. The only things i could possibly complain about are cabin noise, which is higher than it should be for a luxury vehicle, and gas mileage. But the mileage is decent on hwy, i have gotten 23 mpg, which is reasonable.

Great Value!

by LordT3rd from Boston, MA | February 24, 2011

I bought this car used in 2008 with 40k miles and it performs like new. Never had any problems and never went to the shop. It's comfortable, the handling is great, the leg room and cargo space are good size. The only negative i can think of is the milage wich i am getting about 17mpg on average which i guess you kinda expect from a mid-size suv.

Overall good but not great

by owner from nevada | October 28, 2010

Reliability has been very good. Cabin is noisey, road noise pronounced. Door unlocking process is a pain.

Good but not great....

by jcwCT from New Haven, CT | September 10, 2010

We have put 80,000 miles on our MDX and, overall, it has been a good but not great vehicle. Driven day to day, and on long highway trips, the MDX performs very well. Engine & transmission performance, ride, handling, and NVH are all excellent. Fuel economy is consistent with the revised EPA ratings of 15 city/ 21 highway. And overall build quality is exscellent. That said, we have had the following problems: -- the brake rotors are clearly undersized and prone to warping. We have had to get them recut or replaced four times. -- the dash vents are flimsy, and three out of the four have broken over the years -- the AC system recently developed a leak and lost its refrigerant charge. Our local (excellent) mechanic could not locate the leak with either a leak detector or using the dye method. He recharged the system, it seemed to be working well, but lost its charge again after one month -- every few months since new, the stability control warning light comes on when the car has been parked overnight. Stopping the car, turning the engine off, and restarting corrects the problem. Nothing seems to be wrong with the system, and no diagnositc code is recorded.

I love the car!!!

by NW from Schaumburg, IL | July 23, 2010

I have been using MDX SUV for over five years. I have two kids and long communte to work, this car is very safe and reliable. It's one of the most popular SUV for family and good for winter time. No wonder it is the best sold SUV for Chicago area.