The seven-seat MDX luxury SUV has a 5,000-pound tow rating and Acura's Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive. The MDX competes against the BMW X5, Cadillac SRX, Lexus RX 350 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class. It's top-rated in crash tests and has a history of above-average reliability.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes for 2009.
With the 2007 redesign, Acura went for a more integrated look in the MDX's rear quarter. Conventional A-, B- and C-pillars are in place, and the overall look is more similar to BMW's SUVs than to Lexus models. The MDX is 190.7 inches long and 78.5 inches wide, making it slightly wider than BMW's X5.
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Standard high-intensity-discharge low-beam headlights
- Optional Sport Package adds auto-leveling xenon headlights and a different wheel design
- Optional 19-inch wheels and running boards
The MDX carries seven people in standard leather seats. It has eight-way power front seats, and the driver's seat remembers two settings. Both seats are heated. There's also standard automatic three-zone climate control, and a cargo space that can be configured six ways depending on how the seats are folded.
- Optional Entertainment Package, not available on the base model, includes a rear DVD-entertainment system, a power outlet in the center console and heated outboard seats in the second row
- Optional Technology Package includes Acura's voice-recognition navigation system and real-time traffic information
- Optional Sport Package adds upgraded leather seating surfaces and metallic accents to various trim pieces
Under the Hood
The MDX's 3.7-liter V-6 turns out 300 horsepower and 275 pounds-feet of torque, making it Acura's most powerful engine.
- Five-speed automatic transmission with sequential manual shifting
- Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive
- Sport Package adds an active-damping suspension that varies shock-absorber firmness to smooth the ride and control body lean
Standard safety features include:
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor for all three rows of seats
- Active head restraints
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with traction control
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||October 7, 2008|
|Lori Hindman||Mother Proof||June 1, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Acura MDX
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.