2008 Acura RDX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Value Car

by First car buyer from national city ca | February 21, 2014

Purchased this car as a first time buyer and I am thrilled with the features that it comes with for such a great price! It has a luxury feel without such a "luxurious" price. It has the technology package including navigation, back up camera, sunroof, Bluetooth, etc. I had a great experience with the dealership. Even though it took a few hours to get the deal done, it was worth it because I got what I wanted and they listened. They worked with what I have and got me a great deal. I will recommend this dealership to my friends and family!:)

Would Buy Again

by SH from Los Angeles, CA | February 21, 2013

We bought a used 2008 (leased vehicle) with the Technology Package with about 40k miles on it. So far, so good. For all the features it provides (Bluetooth, navigation, backup camera, satellite radio, leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, high-end sound system, etc), it really is a great deal. I absolutely love this car-- it is so fun to drive, however, this car is not for everyone. CONS- The dashboard controls take some getting used to—just had to spend some time reading the manual. But once you get the hang of it, it is great. If you’ve never driven a car with turbo, it does take some getting used to. It is on the smaller side, so if you have more than one kid and haul around a lot of stuff, the MDX would better for you. It would be nice if the rear gate was powered—it would make it easier to load things in and out of the back. The passenger seat is also not power. This is no Prius--the gas mileage is not that great. I’m getting about 16.5 overall (mostly city driving), but I also live in Los Angeles, so that may have something to do with it. It does require premium gas, but if you can afford this car, you can afford to pay for premium gas. The ride is a little stiff compared to other SUVs, you really “feel” the road (this may be a Pro for some people). It does have some road noise; so if you want a luxurious, smooth ride, get the Lexus RX350. This is definitely not an off-road SUV. It does decent in rough terrain, but I would not take this for a spin in the desert. Get a Jeep for that. PROS- Great value, you get a lot of bang for your buck here compared to other SUVs in the same class. Great audio system and speakers! Really feels like a top of the line aftermarket system. Love the voice commands for the Navigation and Bluetooth. The backup camera is awesome for parallel parking. I test drove a lot of other SUV/wagons and none of them in this price range compared in terms of performance and luxury. This car is really zippy and handles like a dream. I love the turbo! This has the space of an SUV, but drives like a performance car. I love the layout of the interior—the center console is deep enough to fit a laptop, purse, ipad, etc.- and it locks! The seats are comfortable on long trips. Even though we bought it used, both the interior and exterior are holding up very well—it doesn’t feel cheap. It's a 2008, but still looks and feels new. Time will only tell how reliable it is; we’ve had other Acuras in the past and they are historically very reliable, as long as the proper maintenance is performed. So, we’re hoping to keep this for at least another 5 years! I'll update this review once we've put some more miles on it.

Fun SUV- Great Performance for the Money

by Sporty Mom from Carlsbad (San Diego), CA | October 13, 2012

I've loved my RDX the last 3 years. It has been a fun car to drive- much more performance compared to other SUVs. I test drove quite a few before purchasing this one. The only ones that compared in acceleration, cornering and braking were Mercedes, BMW (and probably the porsche cayenne) but all out of my price range. Other SUVs tend to be sluggish by far. The RDX feels like a large sports sedan and has nice finishing inside- good quality leather and trim. It's held up to babies turning preschoolers. Yes, it is smaller than some other SUVs, but you need to decide if you want cabin space vs performance. Get the MDX if you want a bigger vehicle. In terms of reliability, it's had few problems-- still under the 5 yr warranty. Just a speaker replacement and mirror replacement. Gas mileage-- it's pretty standard for an SUV. I get about 18 MPG, comparable to other SUVs. If you really want better gas mileage, than the tradeoff is performance and size of vehicle. would definitely recommend to a friend.

Great car!

by Acura Guy from Salt Lake City | May 29, 2011

I have been so pleased with this vehicle. It is so much fun to drive. That little turbo gives you the extra kick when you need it. Drives great on snow and ice too. The best part is all of the voice command functions. My wife has a Lexus and mine is so much easier to use. Also, everything shows minimal wear. They really used high quality materials throughout.

Fun to drive

by Professor from Tucson, AZ | May 22, 2011

I recently bought a gently used 2008 Acura RDX Tech model with 11,000 miles (lease return) and paid a fair price back in April for this single owner vehicle ($27.6k). I think a big part of my enthusiasm for this car is that I basically got a new vehicle for $10k less than the comparable 2011 model, which has many of the same features. Besides the super fun turbo charged engine and the sh-AWD handling, the ELS premium sound system is AWESOME when using high quality DVD-A discs, which are not easy to find. I mostly just drive it to work (15 miles one-way) on surface streets and my wife drives it around town for errands. The pluses are Acura quality and its sporty drive, the minuses are a turbo lag, which can be ignored if you drive it correctly, very tight suspension, which can lead to some bumpy rides on bad rounds, and only one super comfortable seat - the drivers seat. Overall, I feel like I got a cool Acura with all of the bells and whistles, which make it a lot of fun to drive, and highly recommend looking for a low mileage used model rather than paying full price for new.

2008 RDX - Powerful, stylish, poor fuel efficiency

by NChi from Chicago, IL | May 13, 2011

I really enjoy driving this car--the turbo gives it great power, the interior is stylish and the controls are easy to maneuver once you grow accustomed to them. The only complaint I have with the car is the horrible gas mileage it gets, especially for city driving. I am getting about 13.5 mpg in Chicago and with gas prices the way they are, that really adds up. So I overall like the vehicle, but am hesitant to give a strong recommendation due to the price of fuel.

RDX 2008

by Full Package Guy from Columbia, MD | May 2, 2011

I like this car a lot, few pros and cons are below: Pros - VERY FAST - sweet looking from outside and inside - complete package with GPS and Backup Camera - good performance overall - decent MPG compared to the power it brings Cons - Like all other Acura models during 2004-2008, this one has the side mirror problems every now and then, where either the mirror assembly or the actuator peice craps out and the mirros don't respond to memory settings or don't go down when put in reverse. Comes and goes with weather and temperature changes until one day they (WILL) need replacement - Brakes are not brembo, makes it harder to stop the car from high speeds - windsheild design creates a whisteling sound when driven above 80 MPH - I think this one has a CHAIN and not the timing belt, that makes the engine louder compared to other Acura models that have a timing belt. Give n take i guess - NOT MADE IN JAPAN (big downside to most of these Acura models) which makes the parts around window pane and the glass itself rattle on highway speeds and over bumpy roads. Even the rear glass brake light has a rattle issue. All these parts seem very weak in quality and it's the same problem in my 2008 TL Type S.

RDX Fan

by Likes nice stuff from New Jersey | November 12, 2010

We love everything about the car. Great look. Handles well. Very cool interior and the tech package is easy to use for anyone that is comfortable with computers. The only drawback is the gas mileage. We are getting around 17.9mpg overall.

A basic Honda disguised as an Acura

by NicoleR from Truckee, CA | July 16, 2010

I just traded in my 2008 Acura RDX.Yes, it was only 2 years old & only had 30,000 miles on it, but I disliked it that much. I'm not sure where to start... first, this car is VERY small. I could not fit 2 adult suitcases, a baby with a car seat, a stroller & 2 dogs in this car without piling everything up around the baby (unsafe). Then, everything on it seems cheap. The passenger seat moves manually (cheap), the leather isn't soft or supple (almost feels like vinyl), the back seats - when you fold them up - are light & don't seem sturdy, the floormats are poor quality. The paddle shifters are lame (felt like I was driving a car in an arcade game w/ these things rather than a high performance SUV). The air conditioning unit broke down on my car at about 30,000 miles & Acura did have great customer service in repairing it (under warranty) but I was without my car for about a week. You have to put in 91 gas, which gets old/expensive & also use synthetic oil for oil changes ($100+ per oil change). On the positive side, this car is VERY zippy & I also think the exterior is nice-looking. It also gets decent gas mileage. It performs alright in snow but is so light I was never confident in bad weather. I have made a note to self to never buy Acura again. They want to be in the league of luxury car brands but they're just not.

2007 been great toy

by jill from Naperville, IL | June 1, 2010

Bought mine in 4/07. Nothing gone wrong except corrosion on tire rims, had 2 replaced and others fixed for leaks in winter. Maintance will cost you and you need dealership to do so they can fix computer in car to stop annoying you. Sooooofun to drive. Drinks gas, but can use midgrade instead of premium per many ee's at dealerships. Performance may not be as good they say. Passenger seat is manual. Can be a pain. We own two diff Acura's. Both have not had any major repair. I really only go in for maintance and free car washes. Great car.