2011 Acura RDX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great mid size suv

by Acura enthusiast from North Chicago, IL | April 2, 2014

Very peppy and nice ride. The RDX is sufficient for getting around town or on long road trips. Storage area is sufficient for transporting smaller household items. Dashboard layout is very good though the navigation system could be a little more intuitive. Love this SUV and would highly recommend a test drive as part of your shopping experience.

Great Value

by North Ill from Northern Illionis | September 21, 2011

After much consideration decided to trade in our 2004 A6 S as the maintenance costs were getting hard to swallow. Began considering Acura’s based on past experience as we have owned 3, 2 Legends (92, 93) and a RL (96). Great service and excellent cars, but found the RL boring to drive so switched to Audis. It was down to the 2011 Q5 vs. the 2011 RDX and finally ownership costs (purchase and maintenance combined) made the decision. Driving the RDX is terrific, performance is all I could ask for and we expect the lifetime maintenance to reflect Acura’s quality and value. What I not wild about is the interior quality of the some of the materials, cheap looking and not in the Acura image. Same goes for the front end, it’s a bit radical.

Great car

by DEP from Virginia | August 9, 2011

This cross over is fun to drive enough said! however you must purchase the 2k turbo option or this car is useless. You will not beat the turbo version of this crossover its sprty fast and fun to drive

love it

by carjoe from chicago | August 4, 2011

this is a really really really really good car. i love driving it. i want to drive it all the time. i like the color.

The Ugly Duckling of Acura

by surfdude808 from Honolulu, HI | June 6, 2011

This car boasts great performance with its turbocharged engine. It only takes a little over 6 seconds to reach 60 miles from ignition. Handling is great in the city and in the highway. Both the exterior and interior design/styling of this car is very outdated and cheap. The side mirrors' placement/location is awkward compared to all other Acura models (which look WAY better than the RDX). The angle of the cargo area's window is awkward. The CR-V's exterior looks WAY better. The interior styling/design is cheap and outdated compared to the TSX or any other Acura model Only reason I bought this car was because I couldn't afford the better-looking MDX or X3. This is car is a gem hidden in an ugly shell.

Nice car ATROCIOUS costs

by Regular Jane from Los Angeles, CA | May 11, 2011

I purchased this car just over 3 months ago. I LOVED it. Comfortable, nice ride, great technology (I purchased with technology package and I couldn't recommend it enough). Unfortunately, no one at either the dealership or via any of these reviews notes something very important, maintenance costs. At 3400 miles, the service light came on. In calling the service department, I was informed that due to the turbo engine and synthetic oil, it may need service as often as every 1800 miles. It's a great car, but be prepared to double your maintenance costs.

Good Value

by DC Driver from Virgnia | March 3, 2011

I have been driving a SH AWD 2011 RDX for more than a month. So far, nothing but good things to say about the vehicle. I seriosuly considered the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60. However, those vehicles are simply overpriced compared to the RDX. I got the fully loaded RDX for $8K to $10K less. Also Audi and BMW reliability is iffy at best. I cannot see spending up to $40K for a vehicle from a manufacturer with well documented reliability issues. I have owned Volvo and Lexus vehicles in the past and I was not happy. The Volvo did not age well. The Lexus, in particular, was a boring drive. I also have concerns over Toyota's recent quality issues. Seems they are beginnig to extend to Lexus as well. The fit and finish of the RDX is wonderful. The interior is comfortable and well laid out. I really enjoy the overall ride, which is more car like than SUV, makes me feel a bit younger than I am.

2011 RDX - very nice!

by Midwest SUV Driver from Midwest | January 9, 2011

I moved up to the RDX from a Honda SUV because I liked the Honda quality and reliability, just wanted a little more power under the hood. The car is very quiet and drives smoothly for the most part. However, on certain types of grooved concrete highways the ride is really bumpy and rough. Other than that I have no complaints on the ride. The road noise is about the same as all other Honda's I have had with Michelin tires. The power in the RDX is great on the highway and even in city driving. There is a lag when the turbo charger kicks in at certain speeds, but it is quite negligible for normal driving. The interior is very nice, comfortable and the positioning of all the interior components is pretty easy and straightforward. Gas mileage is not the greatest overall - when I do mainly highway driving without a lot of stop and go I can get about 21-22.5. If I am doing a lot of city driving or a combo of city and highway I am getting about 17-18.5mpg. If the price of premium gas wasn't skyrocketing, it probably would not bother me as much. Unfortunately with traffic these days and the winter weather I am getting the latter more often. If the RDX could run on regular gas (there are other turbo charged SUV's/Cars that run on regular), this car would be a total steal. Overall, I do really like my RDX and my only real complaints are the gas mileage/premium gas and the rough ride on grooved concrete. If that is all that goes wrong, I am totally fine with that!

A fun and classy compact SUV

by An SUV enthusiast from Duncanville, TX | November 20, 2010

Have this vehicle for about six weeks now. Just love it. It's a fun compact SUV to drive, a lot of peps with that turbo. Our previous SUV was a NISSAN Pathfinder. Chose this vehicle after numerous cross checking and comparing with similar luxury-class vehicles with similar standard equipments....this one clearly came out ahead in price. One thing though, it rides a little bouncier than the 3.2 TL we also owned. So far the avg gas mileage is good.... 22.5 mpg combined.

Fastest car since I was a teen

by fun car from Boston, MA | September 28, 2010

I love my RDX it is smaller than my previous car and better gas mileage. I enjoy driving. I would recoommend this to my friends. I also have to keep the keys out of my childrens reach they want to take it all the time.