2012 Acura RDX
Starting MSRP $32,895–$34,895
The Acura RDX is a compact luxury crossover that competes with other small luxury models like the BMW X3 and Audi Q5. The RDX seats five and has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
New for 2012
There are no significant changes for 2012.
The RDX features a large Acura family grille and a beefy tail reminiscent of its siblings. Exterior features include:
- Dual exhaust pipes
- Liftgate spoiler
- Xenon headlights
- Side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- 18-inch wheels
- Fog lamps
Two front bucket seats and a 60/40-split folding rear bench seat provide seating for up to five people. The driver faces a three-pod instrument cluster.
A rearview camera, electronic compass and ambient footwell lighting are standard, along with a USB input to connect and charge MP3 players. On models with the optional navigation system, the rearview camera display moves from the rearview mirror to the 8-inch navigation screen. Standard interior features include:
- Leather upholstery
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated front seats
Under the Hood
The RDX comes with front-wheel drive or what Acura calls Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, which can manage torque distribution to the front and rear wheels and between the left and right rear wheels. The system is designed to improve the RDX's handling response. Mechanical features include:
- 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder with 260 pounds-feet of torque
- Variable valve timing with Acura's Variable Flow Turbo to reduce turbo lag
- Five-speed automatic with paddle shifters behind steering wheel
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Active front head restraints
- Side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Acura RDX
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.