2013 Acura RDX

2013 Acura RDX
Available in 2 styles:  2013 Acura RDX 4dr AWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Still sitting in the shop

by Tk it or lv it from | October 22, 2014

My 2013 rdx has been sitting in the shop for over a month now and Acura is still trying to fix it. Heater fan and ac went out and they say it is a major computer problem. Dealer ship was nice enough to give us a rental car, a ford because we live out of the city and they only give the good loner cars to the locals. They tried to give us the car back with no heater. This is northern canada and there has been snow on the ground and temps are below freezing! Who needs heat my 2 year old certainly doesn't I guess The day we bought the car I drove it a whole 20 minutes before I had to turn around and take it back because it was leaking coolant. That was real nice. The rear suspension sucks and the all wheel drive is worse than my 98 honda crv was. If you get stuck in the snow it kicks out and you only have 2 wheel drive for a while. Can't wait to get rid of it

Great Luxury Crossover for the Money

by Car Person from New York | October 21, 2014

To start with the positives, the RDX is a luxury crossover you can get for under 40K unlike competitors. It provides plenty of power, and handles better than competitors like the Lexus RX 350 and Cadillac SRX. The RDX is very smooth, and gets pretty good gas mileage. I also love the very strong brakes. The rear legroom is excellent as well. I like how the car has sport mode with paddle shifters standard. A backup camera with 3 views is standard too. On to the negatives, I do wish the rear seats had A/C vents. This should be standard on a luxury crossover. Also the competitors offer higher quality interiors. The RDX's feels decently luxurious, but has some lower quality parts like fake aluminum trim, which is really plastic. Overall, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, and this car's price makes it very attractice. If you're looking for the most lavish interiors and willing to spend extra money, then get the Lexus RX350 or Audi Q5. if performance is more important, then the RDX is the right choice for you.

Not Made in Japan for Sure!

by It Should Be Better Than This! from Central PA | August 30, 2014

I was so looking forward to driving this car after all it costs a pretty penny. When a car has certain reputation due to its maker, you have certain expectations. First time I opened the moon roof, the corner cloth started to come off. I tried to fix it by pushing it into the corner but every time I open the moon roof, it comes off. I am so disappointed. I am on the fence whether I can recommend this car to my friends. Maybe to my enemies?

RDX

by RDX from Columbus, Ohio | April 25, 2014

I bought this car back on August 1, 2012 with only 2 miles. My first incident was with the moon-roof. The moon-roof would get stuck halfway, and I would have to hold the bar down to close the moon-roof. I took it up to Acura Columbus, and was told that the computer had to be reset. (This was in September 2012) I didn’t use the moon roof from September 2012- April 2013 because of winter. I had the same issue in April 2013. Once again, took it back. This time they said the motor needed replaced however it was on backorder until June. June, I took the RDX back up to Columbus, Ohio to get the moon-roof motor back in the RDX. Sometime in July or August I had to take the Acura to get the breaks and rotors repaired, once again. On THANKSGIVING DAY I went out to my dad’s grave to visit him. However, I got stuck going up a hill in TWO inches of snow. Needless to say I had to get someone to pull me out of the snow. The next day I went to City Tires here in Zanesville, Ohio because I thought I had bad tires on the RDX. I was informed my tires were good, but my crossover is FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. LIKE AN IDIOT, I argued with the guy and told him no, it is supposed to be all-wheel-drive. When I bought the car the sales man told me AWD. I contacted Acura Columbus again, and made another appointment to see why my car would not go through snow. At that moment I was told it was front-wheel-drive, and I would have to slow down to be able to go through snow. Needless to say I contacted Acura and the owner of Acura Columbus, and got nowhere besides going up to Acura Columbus to try to be sold another car. (lol) Now, all day I have been back and forth with XM radio because my radio WILL NOT WORK. Needless to say I have to make another appointment. So, just got off the phone with Acura Columbus and made the appointment for this Thursday. They replaced the antenna.

Beware after 50k miles

by Fussy car person from Richmond, Va | March 7, 2014

I started out loving my RDX, but as many of the other posts here indicate- things change. I am happy with the mileage, but the long distance comfort diminished quickly. My windshield has been to SafeLite for more chips in the windshield (again this morning) than any other car I owned, and I too have a dashboard noise that they finally identified as a fan blower motor issue. In addition the car battery died after only 16 months, at 51k miles (just past the 50k warranty), and yes, at this time, I had to pay full price for a new battery (which now comes with a 3 year guaranteed replacement warranty) and the tow to the garage, because who would ever think it was the battery that died after 16 months. I started out loving this car, but now I am so very very disappointed. Why would a brand new luxury car come equipped with lesser products than you need to buy to replace the ones that break just after warranty?

2013 RDX at a galance

by khurram farooqui from Canton, MI | January 10, 2014

I purchased 2013 Acura RDX with FWD, navigation package. I was very thrilled because I also own 2004 TSX which I liked very much. I am not happy with RDX due to the following reasons. - Mileage is very bad (19 C / 24 H) - I paid almost 43K but I think this cars lacks lots of features such as blind spot, adaptive lights, adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers etc. FOr the amount , other luxury vehicles prove this. Drive i smooth, but I had to take my car several time to the dealership for fixing interior dashboard noise, and tailgate. not there is another noise for which I need to take it to the dealership again. Be prepared to make some frequent visits to the dealership if you plan to buy this vehicle. I am l am also not happy with the navigation voice activated system. too confusing. Handling of this car is quite good.

Nice luxury SUV

by Goletamom from Goleta, CA | December 17, 2013

I hadn't originally thought to look at the Acura RDX when I was looking for a new SUV. I was looking at the Edge and the Highlander (which was the vehicle I was replacing). The RDX far surpassed the interior of both of the other vehicles and it had really high reliability ratings (which the Edge did not). It was in the same price range, similar size and similar gas milage. I love my new Acura. It's very smooth, comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I would highly recommend it based on the several weeks I've owned it.

Already traded it in

by huskone from St. Louis, MO | November 22, 2013

We bought a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package in May. We just traded it in a few weeks ago with only 5500 miles for a 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited 4WD. In the short time we owned the car, we already had to replace the back left shock. Additionally, we brought it in four times for vibration issues (when idling). The dealership performed a manifold pressure adjustment but this did not fix the problem. The dealership said the idle was normal but it felt like we were driving a car with over 120K miles. While the interior was very comfortable and stylish we could not get over the questionable performance issues. We traded it in and unfortunately lost a few thousand dollars but it was worth the peace of mind.

Windshield issue, AC and Navigation disappointing

by Unhappy with my 2013 Acura RDX from Macon, Georgia | November 21, 2013

On 3 separate instances my windshield was hit by a rock leaving chips out of the windshield. In my lifetime I have never had this happen when a tiny rock hit my windshield. I've been driving 46 years. The a/c does not cool down on hot days because it cycles off too soon. Then there are no rear a/c vents which makes it even hotter in the back seat! We were misrepresented on the Navigation system. I was told you could listen to a text but of course it does not work with an IPhone. I think Waze a app on my phone is easier to use than the Acura navigation system. The passenger should be able to use it. It is impossible to use the voice commands to navigate. Last of all the storage area in the back is not as roomy as the Honda CR-V. I wish I had my Ford Explorer back.

Disappointed

by SUV lover from Tampa, Florida | September 28, 2013

I have owned several Acuras, including an MDX, so I am no stranger to the brand. This is the worst Acura I have owned. Bought it new and problems started early on. At 20,000 miles I have had problems with brakes, steering, and now the suspension. Going to eat the depreciation and replace it with something else. Goodbye Acura!