2013 Acura RDX

2013 Acura RDX
Available in 2 styles:  2013 Acura RDX 4dr AWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Not Made in Japan for Sure!

by It Should Be Better Than This! from Central PA | August 30, 2014

I was so looking forward to driving this car after all it costs a pretty penny. When a car has certain reputation due to its maker, you have certain expectations. First time I opened the moon roof, the corner cloth started to come off. I tried to fix it by pushing it into the corner but every time I open the moon roof, it comes off. I am so disappointed. I am on the fence whether I can recommend this car to my friends. Maybe to my enemies?

RDX

by RDX from Columbus, Ohio | April 25, 2014

I bought this car back on August 1, 2012 with only 2 miles. My first incident was with the moon-roof. The moon-roof would get stuck halfway, and I would have to hold the bar down to close the moon-roof. I took it up to Acura Columbus, and was told that the computer had to be reset. (This was in September 2012) I didn’t use the moon roof from September 2012- April 2013 because of winter. I had the same issue in April 2013. Once again, took it back. This time they said the motor needed replaced however it was on backorder until June. June, I took the RDX back up to Columbus, Ohio to get the moon-roof motor back in the RDX. Sometime in July or August I had to take the Acura to get the breaks and rotors repaired, once again. On THANKSGIVING DAY I went out to my dad’s grave to visit him. However, I got stuck going up a hill in TWO inches of snow. Needless to say I had to get someone to pull me out of the snow. The next day I went to City Tires here in Zanesville, Ohio because I thought I had bad tires on the RDX. I was informed my tires were good, but my crossover is FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. LIKE AN IDIOT, I argued with the guy and told him no, it is supposed to be all-wheel-drive. When I bought the car the sales man told me AWD. I contacted Acura Columbus again, and made another appointment to see why my car would not go through snow. At that moment I was told it was front-wheel-drive, and I would have to slow down to be able to go through snow. Needless to say I contacted Acura and the owner of Acura Columbus, and got nowhere besides going up to Acura Columbus to try to be sold another car. (lol) Now, all day I have been back and forth with XM radio because my radio WILL NOT WORK. Needless to say I have to make another appointment. So, just got off the phone with Acura Columbus and made the appointment for this Thursday. They replaced the antenna.

Beware after 50k miles

by Fussy car person from Richmond, Va | March 7, 2014

I started out loving my RDX, but as many of the other posts here indicate- things change. I am happy with the mileage, but the long distance comfort diminished quickly. My windshield has been to SafeLite for more chips in the windshield (again this morning) than any other car I owned, and I too have a dashboard noise that they finally identified as a fan blower motor issue. In addition the car battery died after only 16 months, at 51k miles (just past the 50k warranty), and yes, at this time, I had to pay full price for a new battery (which now comes with a 3 year guaranteed replacement warranty) and the tow to the garage, because who would ever think it was the battery that died after 16 months. I started out loving this car, but now I am so very very disappointed. Why would a brand new luxury car come equipped with lesser products than you need to buy to replace the ones that break just after warranty?

2013 RDX at a galance

by khurram farooqui from Canton, MI | January 10, 2014

I purchased 2013 Acura RDX with FWD, navigation package. I was very thrilled because I also own 2004 TSX which I liked very much. I am not happy with RDX due to the following reasons. - Mileage is very bad (19 C / 24 H) - I paid almost 43K but I think this cars lacks lots of features such as blind spot, adaptive lights, adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers etc. FOr the amount , other luxury vehicles prove this. Drive i smooth, but I had to take my car several time to the dealership for fixing interior dashboard noise, and tailgate. not there is another noise for which I need to take it to the dealership again. Be prepared to make some frequent visits to the dealership if you plan to buy this vehicle. I am l am also not happy with the navigation voice activated system. too confusing. Handling of this car is quite good.

Nice luxury SUV

by Goletamom from Goleta, CA | December 17, 2013

I hadn't originally thought to look at the Acura RDX when I was looking for a new SUV. I was looking at the Edge and the Highlander (which was the vehicle I was replacing). The RDX far surpassed the interior of both of the other vehicles and it had really high reliability ratings (which the Edge did not). It was in the same price range, similar size and similar gas milage. I love my new Acura. It's very smooth, comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I would highly recommend it based on the several weeks I've owned it.

Already traded it in

by huskone from St. Louis, MO | November 22, 2013

We bought a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package in May. We just traded it in a few weeks ago with only 5500 miles for a 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited 4WD. In the short time we owned the car, we already had to replace the back left shock. Additionally, we brought it in four times for vibration issues (when idling). The dealership performed a manifold pressure adjustment but this did not fix the problem. The dealership said the idle was normal but it felt like we were driving a car with over 120K miles. While the interior was very comfortable and stylish we could not get over the questionable performance issues. We traded it in and unfortunately lost a few thousand dollars but it was worth the peace of mind.

Windshield issue, AC and Navigation disappointing

by Unhappy with my 2013 Acura RDX from Macon, Georgia | November 21, 2013

On 3 separate instances my windshield was hit by a rock leaving chips out of the windshield. In my lifetime I have never had this happen when a tiny rock hit my windshield. I've been driving 46 years. The a/c does not cool down on hot days because it cycles off too soon. Then there are no rear a/c vents which makes it even hotter in the back seat! We were misrepresented on the Navigation system. I was told you could listen to a text but of course it does not work with an IPhone. I think Waze a app on my phone is easier to use than the Acura navigation system. The passenger should be able to use it. It is impossible to use the voice commands to navigate. Last of all the storage area in the back is not as roomy as the Honda CR-V. I wish I had my Ford Explorer back.

Disappointed

by SUV lover from Tampa, Florida | September 28, 2013

I have owned several Acuras, including an MDX, so I am no stranger to the brand. This is the worst Acura I have owned. Bought it new and problems started early on. At 20,000 miles I have had problems with brakes, steering, and now the suspension. Going to eat the depreciation and replace it with something else. Goodbye Acura!

Cheap seat materials.

by Quality car person from Indianapolis, IN | August 21, 2013

Lower left corner of driver's seat showing significant wear after 10,000 miles. It is not leather like the main seat surface but cheap soft vinyl. It is thin and the backing is of poor quality. It appears to be a cheap piece of material. I am not the only 2013 Acura RDX owner to have this problem. The dealer just shrugged when this was discussed saying it was a wear item. If the material was not so darn cheap it might hold up better. This part of the seat covering takes significant wear when a driver get in and out of the vehicle due to its design. Acura's reputation will take a hit on this issue if they do not deal with it like when they were using inferior tires in recent model years.

Hybrid Luxury

by Suv fan from Denver | July 23, 2013

So many bells and whistles for the money! Great improvement on the voice activation over previous years. Navigation is light years better than prior model. Slightly better MPGs. Luxury and comfort in every aspect!