2014 Acura RDX

Starting MSRP

Overall

Overall a great car

by Retired Buyer from Plano, Texas | June 7, 2014

I was in the market for a 2012 MDX. From what I knew about the RDX, it was a 4 cyl. Personally, I would never own a 4 cyl. car. At the dealership, I noticed an RDX on the lot and the sticker got my attention. It was a 6! For the most part, the only difference between the RDX and the MDX is the 3rd row seats. My previous car had a 3rd row and in 8 years, I used it exactly once. Needless to say, I got the '14 RDX (loaner with less than 5K miles) for 4K less than the '12 MDX with 25K miles. It looks great, rides great, and has a lot of pep. I love the interior creature comforts. The blue tooth integration with my phone is amazing. Easy to set up and I can push one button and say the name of who I want to call. If I get a text message while driving, it is spoken to me. There are even a number of canned responses I can send with the push of a button. And, it will not allow me to read or send texts while the car is not in park ( I wish all cars had that feature). I also love the back-up camera. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you do not need to use the rear view or side mirrors when backing up! A minor downside is it requires premium gas. For me, that is a small price to pay for a car that performs this well. I see a lot of MDX's on the road. I recall it came out in 2001. There are still a lot of the 2001's driving around with 200K + miles on them. What does that say?

Best car so far I have owned

by kpatelsdi from Oak Creek, WI | May 28, 2014

Its a perfect SUV. Nothing negative about it. Seats are very comfortable.We are very happy with its performance.

Solid SUV

by New to Acura from Central Illinois | May 24, 2014

I originally looked at an RDX in 2011. But didn't want a turbo charged car, so I bought a Mazda CX7 iTouring. When the 2013 RDX was introduced I looked again, but the Mazda was still too new. When the end of the model year came for the Acura, I started pricing a 2014 RDX. When I found a dealer that gave me the price I wanted, I traded the CX7 for an RDX. My RDX is a FWD with tech package. The Acura is bigger and more capable. Build quality on both vehicles is good, but the Acura is more quiet. Acceleration is much better, but the Acura feels much bigger in corners, and when parking in smaller spaces. I've only had the RDX for about 3 weeks, so I can't say anything about the reliability. I am hoping for the legendary reliability of Honda, but we will see. My experience tells me all cars have some level of reliability if you drive in reasonable ways, and do the maintenance. Overall I am happy with the RDX. It seems like a great highway driver. Good fuel economy (so far 29.7 mpg average - mostly highway) and a great stereo. Can't wait for our next long trip.

Best car I ever had

by My RDx from La | April 10, 2014

Love my RDx best car I ever bought rides so smooth! I had 2 honda accords before and love honda I'm glad Acura is part honda

dont think its gonna get fixed

by frankie from hamilton nj | March 25, 2014

wow first day i recieved my new rdx awd with tech pack there is a noise in the dash board i brought it back to dealer 5 days after i bought it i was told when the acura remote start was installed they have to take parts of the car apart this is a acura remote start no one told me there would be a problem putting in there own product now the dashboard makes all kinds of noise well i recieved a call later that day and was told it was fixed so i drove 55 miles back to the dealer to pick it up well you guessed it it still makes noise i call acura care i heard back 4 days later now its going back again all this trouble on a brand new luxery brand acura my hyndai had no trouble and i had three of them

Love this vehicle!

by Honda loyal from Canonsburg, PA | February 19, 2014

I bought my RDX with Tech package 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with it. It's all wheel drive goes up my driveway better than my wife's Mercedes ML350. The ride quality is sound and it is very quiet. The V6 is very quick and produces a nice sound. The seats are very comfortable and the ELS sound system is as clear as any on the market. If you are looking for a reliable, reasonably priced luxury SUV, I would definitely recommend the RDX.

New SUV

by Like Acura's from Kings Park, New York | February 16, 2014

Love my new Acura RDX 2014. It has a wonderful ride. I have the AWD and it is great. Handling is really good, and I really like the style.

I love my RDX

by First time Acura owner from Decatur, GA | January 30, 2014

I am a loyal Honda owner. I recently purchased an Acura RDX and love, love it. I stayed in the Honda family, which I consider a plus. I love the way the RDX looks and handles. It is the perfect size for me, not too big not too small - I do not have children, only two dogs. It is the perfect car for me.

Got her finally out of my car, week 3

by RDX 2014 from Northern VA | December 18, 2013

We looked at a few cars before purchasing the RDX. CRV: Great car but no luxury upgrades like power hatchback or smart key. Vensa: Drove and sounded like a pickup truck. Outback: Had to do a lot of upgrades to sport this car up a bit. No power hatchback, and sales person did not produce a top of the line model to test drive. Q5: Awesome vehicle, and has all the bells and whilstles plus the price to go with it. I have an Audi and I know what to expect in maintenance cost and service managers that try to empty your pockets. RDX: Had just about everything we wanted in a vehicle with the technical package. Comfort, luxury interior and exterior, good gas mileage. Basically it is a CRV on steroids. We have owned a CRV and it was a very good vehicle. We are more muture people now, and we like more options. RDX Cons: No parking sensors, led lights, and no lane assist option. Also the Navigation system could use a technical upgrade to 3D. The RDX would be a perfect car if it had these upgrades in the technology package. My wife loves the vehicle and I would have considered one for myself if it had more tech. Tech is what I love about Audi, and the active all wheel drive. I have owned a Acura Legend back in the day and it was a great car, but limited tech. Acura might win me back if they treat luxury vehicles like everyone else and provide more optional technology. Our dealer was Rosenthal Acura in Maryland. We live in VA. but it was worth the 35 mile drive. We received a great no haggle deal with a 84/100,000 warranty for under 41K with after taxes. Our sales person gave me a bottom line price that no other dealer could match.

worse dealer experience they are liars

by marisa from miami | December 15, 2013

Unfortunately I bought a car from them. They told me I had a 3days warranty and I could return it if anything was wrong. Well when I called next day to tell them the car had serious problem they, then mentioned the 150miles limits when they knew when I bought it that I was 300 miles away!!!! of course they said there's no way we'll take the car back. Liars. I should have known when they said if I came down they would pay my gas and refused to stating that it's only if I found something wrong with the car! Liars. They said take it to the dealer and we'll help with the cost which I did and then they refused to help even a dollar. Liars.