1997 Acura RL

1997 Acura RL
Available in 1 styles:  RL 4dr Sedan shown

19 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Very reliable but something may need attention

by RL fan from Los Angeles, Ca | April 23, 2012

All my cars are acura, starting from the my Sterling, then legend and RL. I have had 3 RLs, my opinions toward this car is : reliable on engine and trans. Let me remind you where the problems are easily from (1)rear coil springs (2)transmission (many idiots don't know they should use HONDA/ACURA trans fluid ONLY) (3)passenger sides window regulators (strangely, not driver side). I frequently helped friends' buying/selling cars, I really recommend this car, 1996~2002, almost same, parts not expensive. I am still driving it nowadays.

Very Reliable

by Multiple Acura Owner from Central, VA | May 16, 2011

The '97 Acura 3.5 RL had 154,000 miles when I bought it and 168,000 when I sold it. I only had to change a couple of fan belts that were old and dried/cracking, and some type of exhaust sensor ($150). I got around 24-27 mpg on highway, and it rode smooth as can be, just like a two year old car. Some knobs and pieces in the interior were falling off/cracked/faded, etc. but ALL functions worked. It was a 14 year old car! Great reliability and performance for that year car. Great Car!

215,000 miles and still rolling strong

by Acura fan from Fort Worth, TX | October 12, 2010

I have owned my 1997 Acura RL for about 5 years now and it is at about 215,000 miles and driving great. It has been very reliable especially considering the mileage, except for a known reoccuring issue with the car's EGR emission system. This issue haunts this year's model vehicle but is about the car's only real problem. It is somewhat easy to do self maintanence on and has a lot of features for an older , now, inexpensive car. Features like power windows, locks, leather seats, sunroof, keyless entry, and good power.

Such a sweet ride

by Anon from Seattle | May 23, 2007

I bought the RL premium used in 2003, already 6 years old and not a problem since.. it is now 2007! Clean quiet ride with supurb handling and performance is there when I need it! Excellent comfortable drive for long distances and through the mountains. I would definately recommend this car!

Not worth buying new.

by College Man from Virginia Beach, VA | June 23, 2006

Don't get me wrong, the car is fabulous, but those who spent $41,000 for it brand new is crazy. The car is just as nice, luxurious and dependable used (like i bought it) as it is new. This is my second car. I bought it 7 months ago when my 1991 Ford Probe decided to quit. This is definately a step up.

Featured Services for this Acura RL