2005 Acura RL

See Photos & Videos

Overall

The best car made

by Moreno270 from Arlinton, Virginia | April 6, 2014

Once u get this car, you will not be disappointed. technology, power, everything, it is perfect. I will buy another RL, the interior is top notch, and the power is more than adequate. Luxurious, reliable, sporty, awd vehicle that handles any and all conditions! Great in the snow. the paddle shifters are great. I also enjoy the sport shift mode for when you need to down shift quickly for a quicker acceleration. The VTEC engine is awsome. The mpg city is a little suspect though. I get about 18 or 19 mpg city. But the mpg highway is great. I get about 27 or 28 mpg highway. The car is loaded with options. The only thing I wish it had that it does not is an auxiliary port. The newer models probably do have one, but not sure.

Acura rl

by Grif from Jamestown, ny | November 25, 2013

Excellent , fast , stylish , good looking and packed with so many features such as navigation etc.. Would only buy Acura this is my 3rd Acura most reliable cars ever!! Started with Acura tl and am currently going to buy an Acura Rdx for my girlfriend

9 years old and going strong

by rjones2074 from PA | November 7, 2013

Replaced brakes, tires , and oil. No maintenance issues. The style of the car still get compliments due to the awesome paint and clean lines. Average 28 mpg on the the highway at 75 mph. Getting the t-belt changed, fuel and coolant flush, and replacing the chrome trim on front and rear bumpers (car will look brand new). I look at newer cars but cannot justify getting rid of if just because of the model year. I have cruised at 110+ mph with a new 370z with no concerns (he kept looking back at me). I take corners at speeds that seem very unreasonable (but does great) and kick back and jam to the stereo when cruising. You cannot beat this car for the price, I am so glad it did not become popular, means I can buy another one.

2005 Acura RL -- Used w/140,000 miles

by Anthonasio from Silicon Valley, CA | October 1, 2013

Very comfortable -- just a hair behind my prior Audi A8. Naturally looking forward to BETTER reliability than I had in the Audi (((~groan~))) Stunned at the highway gas mileage. A 4,000 lbs. car with AWD and a 3.5L if I keep it under 65 mph, I am getting 32 mph (highway only). And the acceleration is very impressive as well. Do enjoy the sport seats. Looking forward to trying it out on the ice/snowy roads between Reno and Boise anytime here soon. Complaints? -- Minor.................. 1) The leather on the door handles and the center consul is too thin and has frayed. 2) Oh, and, well, every time I turn the fan up/down, the 'voice' tells me "fan speed 4" -- I could do without that in my ear. 3) Nav disk reader died. I hear this is common.

Get one

by Dante from chicago | August 25, 2012

Once u get this car, you will not be disappointed. technology, power, everything, it is perfect. I will buy another RL once this one goes if it ever does. No issued what so ever other than a bad battery the dealership gave me. When the battery goes, it sure makes the car do alot of weird things since the entire car and functionality of the car seems to run on electronics. If you can test drive this for a few days, you will see why every person who has submitted a review is talking about. They did a great job on this one...

Excellent Choice (2)

by rjones from Lancaster PA | April 7, 2012

Update: I bought this car a year ago and it just keeps getting better. I put top of the line Michelin sport tires on it and at 68k miles installed the A-SPEC suspension. The OEM suspension kit is still available online ($650) and turns the car into a true sports sedan. I am so pleased with this car that I am thinking about buying a second one to put into long term storage for when this one wears out; I can own two of these for less than the price of one new TL.

All around best car I have ever owned

by DC from Williamstown, Vermont | April 2, 2012

2006 RL, bought used in 2007 with 20K, now has 71K. Has needed nothing but oil and filter changes. Good mileage. SH AWD is better in Vermont snow and mud than my Subaru because the torque vectoring rear axle is more stable. Very comfortable and stable in all conditions. Great seats! Best headlights I have ever used for brightness and visibility. Low beams turn for corners which works great. Awesome vehicle for trips! Navigation and voice commands work really well. This car is the only one (with the navigation) that has got me to Fenway Park without getting lost.

Super value used car

by Gator from Connecticut | January 25, 2012

I bought this as a replacement for my 2005 Jeep Liberty and couldn't be happier. It only had 59,000 mile and one owner. Performance and comfort are excellent. It takes a while to learn all the technology, but for me it is fun seeing what I didn't know it can do. AWD is good in the snow also. Mileage could be a little better, but that is what you get for a car that goes 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. Highly recommand this as a used car.

Excellent choice

by TSXCRASH from New Providence, PA | February 18, 2011

Bought a 2005 RL with 45K miles($21.5k) after totaling my 2005 TSX, front end collision at 50 mph (walked away, 120k miles). The RL's ride is outstanding, the interior is top notch, and the power is more than adequate. I have a small air noise coming from the right rear window which I have not pinpointed yet but that is not a deal breaker. Got a 24 month B-to-B warranty for $1.5k just to cover my bases. I am impressed as are all my friends who have seen the vehicle, a $50k car for less than half that, definitely a great buy!

Best car on the road

by Acura for life from | September 27, 2010

Luxurious, reliable, sporty, awd vehicle that handles any and all conditions! Great in the snow - just as good or better than my old Subaru. Ton's of technology. I've owned it for 2 year with no problems. Too bad the 2010 redesign was so bad, or I may have bought a new on, of course most people think mine is new anyway, because of the top notch paint Acura uses.

Featured Services for this Acura RL