2006 Acura RL

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Nicest car that I've owned

by Engineer Car Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA | June 16, 2014

I was fortunate to find a this 2006 Acura RL with only 30K miles. Since the test drive, It has continued to be a great ride. The positives are the power which makes a great difference while navigating the heavy L.A. traffic. The mpg is not too bad. Just a little worse than the Honda Accord V6 I drove previously. I really like the styling and preferred it to the later model Acura's. The information from the car's computer is very informative as is the GPS. The single knob controller took a little while to get used to but I have easily mastered it. It could be a little daunting for some that doesn't like joysticks and lots of buttons. The only thing that I've noticed on the exterior is that some of the chrome plated plastic strips have lost the coating. I think that this car is a good value for the price that I got for the mileage and the fact that I've had excellent experience with Honda product reliability in the past. The only thing to note is that reliability will certainly be worse with a system that possesses many more parts - more things that can go wrong so that probability of failure will be higher than a simpler car. I was able to test the spare after running over accident debris and it performed well. The TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) worked perfectly telling me I had a flat which I could already tell. One last thing. The RL model has the most complicated key FOB. So, if you need an additional one you will need to pay for the FOB, the key insert and a programming fee - all totaling around $500.00. You should know that going in which I already did.

Great DEAL

by Tommy from Aurora, CO | January 14, 2014

Very impressed with SAMsAutomotive I bought 2008 Toyota Sienna great car great condition. Arkadi is great man he is manager there he gave me 2008 Toyota Sienna $1500 less than other car dealers were asking for the same care with the same milage. Arkadi also gave me $1150 more for my trade in than other car dealers were telling me that's my car is worth. By the way I went there with my pre approval letter from my bank and Arkadi told me about other nationwide banks that's were offering better rate than I had so Arkadi helped me to get great rate with low payment as we'll he know in and out of this industry. Go check him out.

Almost Perfect

by 4thAcura from Massachusetts | November 27, 2013

This is my 4th Acura and my 3rd RL. I am really impressed with the handling. I am used to performance and I was skeptical about it being a good as claimed. I decided to see how it compared to my 2001 RL. I took a standard cloverleaf at 65 mph and there was no detectable lean, no squealing of tires. It just hung in there. I have two negatives. I notice that the headlights in low beams don't light very far ahead maybe 100 feet of so tops. I find I need to be very careful on dark roads for people walking on side of road. Often do not see them until last second. Otherwise I really like it.

Great CMBS

by Honda Acura Guy from Minneapolis, MN | September 22, 2012

I have owned this 2006 Acura RL CMBS sedan for about 4 years. I have had no issues and it has been very economical to drive in spite of using premium fuel. The CMBS system works well enough that I would have a hard time buying another vehicle that did not have it. It has timeless styling, comfortable interior, and plenty of power when needed. Overall a great car.

Great Car!

by JimG from Worcester, MA | July 17, 2011

I love this car. Bought a used 2006 with all the bells/whistles except the back up camera. I've driven it about 5K miles and enjoyed every one. A great highway car. I wish it had the b/u camera since I am skittish about backing up into a wall or post. Otherwise, I'm glad that I found it. The styling of the 05-06 is superior to the new ones in my opinion. Overall great car.

DO NOT BUY! CRITICAL

by former acura lover Kevin from phila. | February 18, 2011

I have owned 4 Acura's, the 2006 RL is a solid car EXCEPT for a dangerous situation with the headlights, They are dangerous when driving on any unlit street at night, I have been to the dealer 3 times with this issue and have been told that it is a "characteristic" of this model. I have filed a complaint with the National Transportation Safety Board. DO NOT BUY UNTILL THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED!

Wow, get this car!

by Air232 from Boston, MA | August 30, 2010

This car is absolutely amazing, from the all wheel drive, to the navigation, you just can't go wrong. I have had the TL before, but this car definitely tops it. I would recommend this car to anyone, get more bang for your buck with this car compared to other cars such as Lexus and BMW!

Great car for the buck (pre-owned)

by Hopeless car-guy from Ga. from Georgia | May 21, 2010

Acura re-designed the RL in 2005 to break away form the prior mold of boxy, softer riding luxury cruiser, to create a much sleeker, better handling car that included nearly all cutting edge technology available at the time. 300HP VTEC power coupled with the remarkable SH-AWD system is technology that you feel any time you are driving it. By the way, one owner mentioned his displeasure with the auto-lowering side mirrors when the car is placed in reverse. True, but easily disengaged by utilizing the user setup system while sitting at the wheel. This car has so many user settings to dial in the features just for you. Example - personally, I hate car door lock systems that only unlock the drivers door when you hit the remote (all doors when you hit it twice, I know). I also do not like the doors automatically locking at some speed putting it in gear or whatever. I was able to program out both of these functions that I'm sure were attractive to someone else. Two sets of proximity key fobs come with the car. Both have their own identity allowing two people to set the user settings to each of their personal likings, including all adjustments for seats, mirrors, voice nav and bluetooth address settings, radio stations and preferences, temperature settings, ect, ect. If you can find one of the 2005 models with proper service records and an agreeable price, you will have the opportunity to own one of the slickest cars to ever come from the Honda Motor Company, and you know their reputation for reliability..

A lot of car for your used car dollars

by RLowner from Pennsylvania | May 12, 2009

I looked at BMW 5-series and Mercedes E class, and at the end of the day I didn't want to have a car that I didn't feel confident in day in and day out. Truth is the BMW and Mercedes are really nice cars, but the maintenance and reliability are not on par with Acura or Lexus. The RL is a lot of car for moderate money. Hands down the best used car value in the luxury car market.

Finest car I've ever owned

by Honda Fan from Boise, Idaho | February 12, 2007

I got the RL in late August "06, have 4500 miles on it and am very well pleased. It has great power, has cat-like agility in the mountain twisties, eats up the highway miles, gets 22mpg city and 27mpg highway, and has unequaled ergonomic comfort. My Cadillac owner friend says it's the finest car he has ever ridden in. It surpasses my MBZ, Olds, Chevy, and all those great Hondas