2010 Acura RL

16 city / 22 hwy

Overall

Excellent... for the Right Price

by lbufal28 from Fort Bragg, NC | June 20, 2014

I have owned this vehicle for one year now. I purchased it used in pristine condition (under 40k miles). If you can get this car for 25k or less it is an excellent deal. The exterior isn't much of a looker but the interior is superbly quiet due to 5mm thick glass and active sound cancellation speakers. The leather is a high quality with dual climate control and heated and cooled front seats. It also has an automatic rear sunshade which is unnecessary but adds to the sense of luxury. I get kick out of it every time. I couldn't be more happy with scoring such quality at the price. This car may be lacking if you paid 50k for it, but getting it for half the price you will surely come out on top. I must say the 3 biggest downfalls of this car are #1 Poor fuel economy #2 Poor rear legroom #3 Very limited trunk space. I have no kids so these problems don't affect me much but beware if you are planning on frequent rear passengers or need of ample trunk space.

Cheaper & it shows

by Radar from Barrington, IL | November 18, 2013

I have owned 4 Acuras in the last 11 years. I had an '02 MDX - Terrific Car sold it with 125,000 trouble free miles because my wife wanted a new car I had an '04 TL my son drove for 80,000 trouble free miles & sold when he moved to NYC I still have an '06 RL - Terrific Car, has about 70,000 trouble free miles on it, gets almost 21 mpg with mixed driving. The HVAC controls default to one temp, but one has the option to use dual zone, The phone system & voice recognition is excellent. The fit & finish is excellent. I purchased a 2010 RL in 2011 with about 7,000 miles on it. It was in perfect shape, however, upon closer inspection, the Body and interior has been cheapened, as in no "chrome" inserts along the convex creases in the bumpers and fenders, no automatic fob sensors to unlock upon contact in all the door handles, the HVAC has dual temp controls which must be changed individually, there is no one overriding temp set control, the phone and voice recognition system are cludgy and hard of hearing, the gas mileage is 2 mpg lower than the '06 (I get about 18.2mpg) due possibly to shift points in the transmission being changed. The seats don't adjust to the same ergonomic positions as my '06, possibly due to subtle changes in the dash relative to seat positions, my antenna is weaker so I lose my XM signal consistently, as well as some FM stations have some static distortion. I have brought these concerns up with my excellent dealer, and after they researched them, they have found everything works within the factory specs, but the performance is definitely unacceptable in this price group, and especially compared to my '06. Makes me want to look at other manufacturers offerings more closely when I make my next buy, in about a year.

Disappointed with 2010 RL

by AntonB from Lyndhurst, NJ | January 11, 2011

This is my fifth Acura (2 TL's - wife & 2 RL's me) but the most uncomfortable one as far as the front seats are concerned. No matter how much I play with the adjustments, I am uncomfortable and constantly have to shift in my seat so that my back does not hurt. Also I do not see much of any difference between 2010 RL and the TL models. The cargo space is pitiful for a $50K car and the back center seat is really very poorly designed. The phone system is another disaster. It is not a very "smart" one in that it dos not understand instructions unless repeated a few times. Also it is impossible to input names and numbers manually. Everything has to be done by voice commands which is frustrating. Now that I have used this car for 2 months I am sorry to have bought it. If you want to stick with Acura buy a TL instead. Acura seems to have lost their touch for perfection and luxury and I am at a loss as to why they have degraded down the RL so much? My other two RL's (2001 & 2005) felt so much more comfortable and luxurious.

need more attention

by Gary from Chicago | November 12, 2010

I had this car while comparing used Lexus GS350 and new 2010 TL. The discounted price is now around 43000 with tech pkg. with this price, you could buy used lexus GS350 or bMW 5 series. But this car is giving lots of feature as much as those cars. Also, it is providing quite good ride on the curve as well. TL was doing same thing with cheppy interior and more sportic ride.

Nicest car I've owned

by My First Acura from Reasearch Triangle, NC | August 9, 2010

This is the nicest car I've owned. I've owned a Honda Accord, which has been the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, so I decided to stay with a Honda product. I wanted to step up to a little nicer ride without shelling out all the money for new car purchase, so I decided to shop for a pre-owned Acura. When comparing the 2010 RL to a 2008 RL, I was sold on the 2010 for its roominess, nicer ride, and few additional features. I don't know actual the dimensions, but the 2010 sure seems more roomy for driver and front seat passenger. My spouse loves the RL with all its bells and whistles. Especially, the hands free phone, voice commands, navigation system, and rear view camera. An additional feature I would prefer is the ability to have both side mirrors tilt down when in reverse. The driver does have the option to have one side mirror tilt, i.e., the right or left, or neither, but not have both mirrors tilt. No doubt, this feature may get added to future models.

Not really better that 2006 model, voice even slow

by Stephen A guy in his 50s from Saugus, Massachusetts | July 8, 2010

Traded in 2006 RL for 2010 RL. This is my third new Acura and I hav owned Honda's all my life. So this review is really bothering me as I am very dissapointed for the first time. The 2010 handling is not very good. Car seems to drift. Car is a bit quieter lots of little things bother me. Constant scraping of steering wheel when hot, etc. For example, the part of the steering wheel housing closest to the steering column scrapes against the fixed area of the housing when it is warm (car is only 2 onths old). The voice system is really slow to recoznize commands. You have to push the button and wait. The 2006 reacted instantly (I thought computers were faster now)! When I left the showroom the care rattled and they told me it was that the car had been sitting due to transport from Japan and the tires had a flat spot / bumpiness that would go awway. It took about 3 weeks but it did finally go away. The floor mats and their attachments were redesigned in 2010 but the rear floormats do not attach to the attachments because they were not redesigned to fit the new attachments. The steering has some jittery motion whereas the 2006 was rock solid. In hindsight, I really regret giving up the 2006 and would think very seriously before I purchased another Acura.