2002 Acura RSX

27 city / 31–33 hwy

Overall

RSX is a great car

by 2nd Gen from Washington, DC | June 21, 2014

I bought the 2002 RSX from my mom after my parents retired and only needed one car. Yes, my mom always did her research and bought solid, cute cars. Except for that Jaguar. Anyway. I've had it since 2006, and have only had to put in the usual money--new tires, etc. Look online for the RSX forum if you have any issues with this car--in most cases, it's an easy, cheap fix. Taking one star off comfort because an 8-hour drive left me a bit stiff. And one from interior styling, because if you're a short woman, you may not be able to see great out the back when pulling out.

Sporty but beware over 100k miles

by First time Acura Owner from illinois | September 19, 2013

Great sporty little car i average 28mpg mixed driving. However beware over 100k miles. i bought this car with 104k miles on it and im at almost 109k now, already 2 thousand dollars put into it since i bought it. This car handles great! its not a very fast car even with the 5 spd that i have but it will get up to speed faster than most 4 cylinders. I love the way this car looks and so do all my friends. All in all its a good solid car but once it hits 100k miles things will start to go left and right so be ready to replace many parts.

reliable one

by dang from oh | January 12, 2013

it is a good car overall and gas saving. Small car is easy for me to drive around the town. But one thing I don't like is the door clock did not work on passenger side. It's pain for the driver to get in the car and lift the knock up. I guess it is 10yrs old car.

Can't Miss, a solid value

by SCARFACE from Roscoe IL | August 6, 2012

I had my 02 RSX for 3 years, bought with 54k miles now have 77k miles. I get 31mpg in mixed driving, the seating position for shifting the manual trans. is very good. Hatchback is always handy. Change the oil buy some gas and go, trouble free, shines like new!

fun car

by OLI from | July 2, 2012

Great car, hard suspension on par for a sporty car. Fun to drive, a little noisy on the highway. very reliable.

awesome rsx lot of car for the money

by lovemyrsx from balto,MD | April 12, 2012

one of the best cars I have ever had. amazing on gas. no pro with anything! start and go....you will love this car. If you find one you like get it!!!!!A+ car all the way......

good

by car beast from chicago | May 18, 2011

this car is awesome, it needs a little aftermarket work in order to look sick. I put about 20 grand into this car and it was fast

great car

by Car Enthusiast from chicago, il | February 2, 2011

if you want a good Honda motor go with this fast car with a 2.0 4 cylinder vtec engine and has all the luxuries of an Acura.

Great Fun

by Sexy02RSX-s from Chicago, il | December 19, 2010

When I was looking for a new car I considered a couple different models including the Mazda 3, Subaru WRX, and Acura RSX-s. I was looking for something sporty and fun, but was still reliable, affordable, and good on gas. I ended up choosing the RSX-s for several reasons. I bought my 2002 RSX in January of 2010 with 33k miles on it for $10.5k before tax/title etc. The car has been great a ton of fun to drive and while the type-s takes premium I average around 26 miles per gallon driving aggressively because revving it up the 7k+ red line is so exhilarating. When doing this a lot of the engine noisy comes through to the cabin as well as road noise depending on the surface. For being a bose sound system the subwoofer isn't all that impressive, but a minor detail in my opinion. The manual transmission is a joy to use and this was pretty much the car I learned on. The car corners nicely taking some highway on/off ramps at 50mph+. While I'm a single guy and don't need the rear seat much passengers have complained mostly about the hard plastic edging along the roof line. Generally it is just me and another person in the car so this hasn't been a huge problem for me. The back seats fold down which offers up huge cargo room. The car is ok in snow but being a light powerful car you can get the wheels spinning or sliding around without to much effort. I've had the car for almost a year now and put over 12k on it with no extra money being put into it besides standard maintenance. Overall I really love this car and it does a great job of being a daily commuter and fun to drive all in one vehicle.

Nice Hatchback

by nick from milwaukee, Wi | June 10, 2010

I have owned my rsx now for 4 years. I bought it with 57l miles on it, and now have 125k. The car still handles like it did when I bought it. The vehicle is very consistent and I have had about $500 in repairs over the years Ive owned it (not including maintenance). Over all the ride is stiff and you feel the road, but this adds to the fun of the drive as the car is one of the funest little sport hatchs Ive driven!

Featured Services for this Acura RSX