2004 Acura RSX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best performance for price

by ikemand from Snohomish, WA | December 17, 2013

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought my 2004 Acura Rsx Type-s back in '07 from a old guy with 15000 miles on it for cheap. I would recommend it for anyone young or old for the price, performance and reliability. Plus it doesn't look that bad either.

Best car of the year

by JayBlanco from Connecticut | April 9, 2012

I've driven multiple sports cars from its generation and in my opinion it performs the best and has the best bang for your buck. Could use better front seats but it's not a touring car.

CRAZY SEXY COOL

by MSTEXAZ from TX | February 9, 2012

I just purchased my 04' RSX this week I traded my 2000 Honda Accord that I've owned for ever. This RSX is exciting to drive way more fun on the road than my Honda but, that was also a great car. And I know it's the same company. But, the sound system isn't so hot but, I'll be fixing that soon. I've owned a Lexus ES300 1996 in the past but, this RSX handles much better. The AC works great!! I will be taking it on a road trip this weekend to really test it out. It's a sports car but, I love the body style so much as a girlie girl I had to get it so ladies this can suit you too!

The best Integra ever!

by Acura Diehard from Bailey, CO | December 27, 2011

I can't say enough about this Honda product. The 200hp engine and six speed transmission makes this the ultimate commuter car. On average I get 35-36 mpg in the warmer months.(without snow tires) and 31-33mpg with snow tires. That milage average is done on a 90 mile rountrip commute from the mountains to Denver, CO. Great snow car with snow tires. By the way the Japanese equivqalent of this model was still called Honda Integra.

Good Car!

by 2wheelsas1 from HI | June 18, 2011

I bought my 2002 RSX-S used in 2003, and since then it has been a reliable car with few mechanical problems over the 8 years I've had it. Now it has over 100k miles on the odo but still is rattle-free and gets 29-30mpg with using the a/c 2/3 of the time. The suspension wore out recently and I replaced it with TEIN Super Street coilovers and it made the car much more fun to drive (I recommend the TEINs as a replacement, they have very good damping, not harsh at all, very BMW-like firmness). Cramped rear seats, but what do you expect from a 2-door coupe. Very versitle with the rear hatch.

My first car crash

by quinn from Lexingtion Ky | February 6, 2011

I was recently in my very first car accident, and I walked away from a headon collision at 45 mph. I will buy another used one soon as I can pay for it in cash. The car still ran like a champ after all these years with very little mechanical issues

Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it

by Goodhed from New York, NY | May 24, 2010

Got the car around 3 years ago with 39k on the odo. Haven't had any major problems with the car despite a few rattles on the broken NY tarmac. I have driven quite a few cars but this one puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Mileage is good (24-city & 29-highway), didn't hurt the wallet with $4/$5 gallon gas. It's surprisingly quick and love the revy engine with perfect handling. The interior is a class act but could do with higher quality materials. Everything is driver-centric. Space in the back is at a premium but I don't mind it. The boot is well-sculpted and can carry large items due to being a hatchback.

Good successor to the Integra

by Daily Driver from Colorado | February 13, 2009

The review marks are for the base model with the 5-speed auto. Weakest aspects of the vehicle are its acceleration and some of the interior materials/surfaces feel cheap (i.e., plastics). Strong points are fuel economy, steering/handling as well as the design of the exterior along with the fit and finish of the exterior panels. Makes a good, reliable commuter vehicle and picks up where the Integra left off, especially in being a more "refined" vehicle than the Integra.

Amazing

by Stick from Downey (Los Angeles) | December 15, 2008

This car sells itself. If you can test drive it on a freeway before you buy it, you'll understand!

Fun car!

by stkmltS from Cincinnati | March 31, 2008

I bought an '04 type-S in early '04, and i had if for about 2 years. It was a FUN car to drive! This car has relatively good handling and engine performance compared to other cars with a similar (but slightly lower) price tag. Other than a small transmition issue (Acura issued a technical service bulletin to repair it without cost,) this car is very reliable. The price is on the higher end, but the quality of workmanship is superb. Nothing was spared when Acura designed the interior. Snug-fitting seats, decent head and leg room, and a great sound system from the factory. This car is exactly what you can expect from Acura.

Featured Services for this Acura RSX