2005 Acura RSX

Available in 2 styles:  2005 Acura RSX 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Best

by DukeRoget from Trumansburg, NY | November 17, 2013

Comfort is adequate. The type-S can get a little loud when you twist its tail but you'll love the 8100 rpm redline. The engine is among the finest ever built. Ten years gone and Acura has gone green, but the k20 remains a shining example of what once was possible. Reliability is Unearthly. If you don't ruin the engine with a turbo it will go forever. Handling is incredible. Whatever tires you use are the limiting factor.

RSX

by jdmUpperClass from Philly | May 17, 2013

This Car is Sick when i saw it. it is perfect! sing around and check this beast out. The Engine is clean and the Clutch feels like heaven its brand new

EXCELLENT VALUE, PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY

by sfcrob from SAN ANTONIO, TX | February 28, 2011

THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!! THE THPE S PERFORMANCE IS OUTSTANDING, AND IT WILL TAKE U UP TO 140MPH (MAYBE MORE) WITH NO PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM TO WIND IT OUT. THE FUEL MILEAGE IS EXCELLENT ALTHOUGH IT CALLS FOR PREMIUM FUEL FOR THE TYPE S. OVERALL FUN TO DRIVE, AND LOOKS GREAT!!!

Update

by mc89 from Hartford, CT | January 21, 2011

I reviewed this car in July '06 (B+/A- was the title). I still have it, and now it has 109K miles. I just had to have my first work done on it that wasn't simple routine maintenance. At 109K, I needed a new clutch and a new alternator. Now it's good as new again, and I plan to drive it to 200K; I'm hoping this will be my last gas-powered vehicle.

Type S, FTW

by IronGumby from Cleveland, OH | November 5, 2010

I've dreamed about getting this car ever since it won the Car & Driver Cheap Speed Comparo in 2005. It's a blast to drive, especially if you like shifting. That 6-spd close ratio transmission (Type S model only) is not 5 gears plus an overdrive; it's 6 gears that you'll be winding through continually. It's like a sportbike on 4 wheels: you can hang in a gear for a long time if you want to push it, but if you're cruising you'll want to be in 6th gear even as low as 35mph because the gearing is just that small, or big, I should say. People don't understand why Acura stopped making this car, but really it lives on in the Honda line where they wanted their racier image portrayed, in the Civic Si. The RSX-S lacks the LSD the Si has, but has all of the looks and appointments you love. If you want to keep the wheels down with all that power, I do recommend you swap out the differential with a Quaife LSD. Otherwise, you can't accelerate from a stoplight and make a turn full-go -- you have to back off. Some cons: -tell people to duck as they get in the backseat as there is a beam across the top that actually has more room behind it, where the back glass meets the roof -3rd gear is notchy sometimes -can't be much taller than 6'-2" and be in a sport seat position without hitting your head The seats BTW, are awesome. They have all the support you need plus are pleasantly covered with leather, as is the small-sized steering wheel, and shift-knob. So yeah if you're looking for cheap economical wallet-saving thrills, pick yourself up one of these, unless you get caught going 135 cuz then I dunno what your insurance company will think of it... or the state. Otherwise, take one for a spin! And make sure you take it through 5800rpms and on up in at least one of the gears to feel what the i-VTEC is all about. If you've only experienced VTEC before and not i-VTEC, I will tell you the advanced intake timing makes it even more supreme.

good car

by yaaay from | September 5, 2010

good looking and good gas mileage for a car with this type of performance i would recommend it anyone

most evrythis is right

by EE from | July 26, 2010

some minor things that need improvement: the turning radius is too wide (40'), something like on VW passat (35') would be much better. and the dashboard lighting can stand improvement: there are times when it's too pale to read in daylight but you need the headlights on.

Best value+reliability for your buck

by law student from Brooklyn, NY | June 18, 2010

Bought this car used from private seller at 50k. Never had any problems. VERY reliable car. The performance is awesome; easily cruse at 120-130mph on the highway. People tell me they like my new car (they don't realize it's 5 years old). I have the RSX type S, and it's so much better (and faster) than the new civic SI coupe. Best thing is that the Type S comes standard as fully loaded.

Acura RSX

by DC5 from West covina | May 4, 2010

I recently just purchased a used RSX if you are able to find a nice one that hasnt been raced out or anything this car will be a great car for you you may wanna be careful with the 02-04 years becuase there was a problem with the 2nd gear but this car is still a beauty

Love this car -- and so does everyone else!

by RSX Type S Owner from Philadelphia, PA | February 26, 2008

I purchased my '05 Acura RSX Type - S in October of 2004. I couldn't be happier with my first major purchase. This car has never had a single problem. I am still on my original tires, and the handling is beautiful. I am well into my third year, and this car has never broken down, no mechanical problems whatsoever, and the sound system works as perfect as the first day I got it. My favorite thing about the car is it's looks. People tell me everywhere I go what a beautiful car I have. And guys love looking under the hood! The Vtec engine is apparantly a big hit. I don't know much about cars, so it's reliabilty and easy upkeep have been very important. The 6-Disc CD player and 7 speakers are great. Parallel parking is easier than any car I have ever driven. I would recommend this car to everyone. The only issue I would have is if I had children. It is hard to put a carseat in the back, but it can be done. I have on occassion. Also it is not very roomy in the back. It would be extremely uncomfortable for a man over 6 foot to sit back there for extended periods of time. The trunk space is unbelieveable though. I am suprised in what I can fit in there. I am sad that acura no longer makes this model. I hope my review helps you. I know it's not very car informative, but this car has been great to me.

Featured Services for this Acura RSX