2006 Acura RSX

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Acura RSX 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

2006 RSX Type-S - The Legendary Sport Coupe

by LAGuitar from Mansfield, PA | December 11, 2014

The RSX Type-S is everything a World Class Sport Coupe is supposed to be. Stylish, firmly planted to terra firma and is capable of incredible performance powered by Honda VTEC! The interior is basic, but well designed and intended for people who enjoy a visceral driving experience void of distractions. The RSX does offer a Bose sound system providing a superior sound experience if you are so inclined. The car has very good manners for normal driving and with a push of the pedal you have a street legal race car. People unfamiliar with Honda VTEC may not get it. The six speed gear box is crisp and each gear provides excellent linear acceleration up to the 8500 rpm redline. It’s not surprising that the Type-S is one of the all-time favorite track cars of recent years and with a top end of 145 mph they are a serious machine. When looking for a Type-S, look for a well-cared-for car, preferably one owner if possible with low miles. This may be a difficult task, but Acura certified examples are a good alternative. With any car manufactured in 2006 or earlier, you may have a few mechanical issues. RSXs having one of the best gear boxes on the planet are prone to some quirks, like jumping out of third gear if the clutch is not properly engaged and noisy throw-out bearings that eventually will need replacing along with the clutch at some point. These are small problems that are easily fixed and should not deter you from ownership. That said; this is a car for people who like great performance cars and are willing to spend some money for proper maintenance. Honda’s or Acura’s are some of the best build cars, but also need some care to perform in top condition.

My favorite car yet

by B-Nasty from St. Petersburg, FL | October 23, 2014

I really do love this car and it gets most things just right so I'll skip straight to the cons: -base model is slow -my leather seats are incredibly uncomfortable -the car has problems going between second and third gear; it shifts through them very slowly and sort of hangs on the transition making the car feel like it's losing power, this has been present in both my 2006 RSX and my 2004 RSX that I had months before and crashed. Every thing else is fantastic, I especially love the driver-centered front console and the appearance of the car. It is very fun to drive if you love being low to the ground and feeling the bumps and quirks in the road.

enjoyable car for someone who likes to get a smile

by activate more grip from salt lake city, ut | September 14, 2013

Amazing car one of my favorites never owned and acura and had a thing against them but now that ive owned it sad to see miles roll up cause I wanna just baby it

RSX-S: a decent choice overall

by Acura ITR and RSX-S enthusiast from AZ | August 14, 2013

GOOD: Well styled, nicely appointed interior, and the Bose sound system is decent enough. The visibility is good, the ride is smooth, and the steering is crisp. FAIR/POOR: Handling is satisfactory but these cars do not feature a tight turning radius and do not enter or exit tight corners particularly well. The brakes fade slightly and should be better considering this is an Acura. The gas mileage on my previous 06 RSX Type S was excellent, 26mpg city/33-34mpg highway but on the one I own now the mileage is only fair 21-22mpg city/28-29mpg highway and I've had the car checked twice. But the car is no comparison for my Integra Type R whatsoever !

Excellent

by RSX Since Birth from West Jefferson, NC | November 20, 2012

This car is amazing I have been a passenger since I was born and a driver in the recent years. I brag about this car any chance I get, it is definitely quite amazing due to it's price compared to the performance.

2006 RSX

by Andrew from Scottsdale, AZ | September 16, 2012

A great car. Very good on gas, very comfortable interior and generous trunk space. My only complaint is that there is not much power from a stand still. However, once the car is going, it is good pickup.

Great Engine

by Johnn from Culpeper, VA | September 12, 2012

i have the 2006 type-s which offers the K20Z1 which can hold every bit of the 30psi i'm pushing through the full-race turbo. The great handling only improved when i did the AWD conversion. truely a great car and, if you have the money, an even better track car

Love this car!

by Jamie D from NJ | April 28, 2012

I bought this car in 2010, it was a used 2006 with 23,000 miles for $9,200. This car was in near PERFECT condition and the price was so low because it has a salvage title. You would not even know this car was in an accident when you drive it. Ride is very smooth except for bumpy streets it tends to hit a little harder due to the low profile wheels. It is automatic regular sport edition. Although i would have opted for a manual type S, the tiptronic option is useful when merging onto the highway. I travel a lot for work and the fuel economy is great! I live in New Jersey and drive up to New York with passengers in the back seat and never hear a complaint. I wasn't impressed with the sound system so I went out and bought an in-dash double din pioneer head unit and new speakers. the head unit fits perfectly and I get a lot of compliments because it looks stock. Before I bought this coupe I was a big fan of sedan's and didn't think that would ever change. Besides for the turning radius, which is quite annoying based on how small the car is, i love it! I would recommend as a daily driver, first car, or extra car. Its one car with many different uses!

Very reliable fun to drive coupe

by Sporty Driver from North Seattle | April 30, 2011

It is not all that fast but is great in the corners. Seat does not adjust well. Leather seats should be heated. Poor headlite brightness in low beam. The Boise Stereo can be scratchy with rear window antenna.

First sports car

by Brian from Fort Bragg NC | February 26, 2011

When I first got home from deployment I thought I shouldn't get a new car and keep the one I had. One night as I am strolling through town I decided to stop at a dealership and see what they had just for fun. And there it was, the 2006 Acura RSX type S just sitting there next to a 2006 Honda Civic SI underneath the dim street light. Without a doubt I fell in love with the RSX by first sight alone. I couldn't wait for the next morning for the dealer to open and let me test drive the RSX. By time I started it up and drove a block down the road I knew for sure this car would be for me. Since then the only problem I really had with this car was the clutch, but that was due to the previous owner, it burnt out on my on a vacation that cost me a pretty penny to repair. I love my car and would recommend it to any one who is looking for a nice bang for their buck, affordable gas economy, and tons of ways to tune and upgrade for further enjoyment. PS, not meant to be a family car, so don't complain that the back seats are too small.

Featured Services for this Acura RSX