1999 Acura TL

19 city / 27 hwy

Overall

Excellent car

by BobbyLZ from Texas | October 9, 2014

Bought it two years ago with 160,000 miles on it from a caring one-owner, hit a deer 15,000 miles later, rebuilt it and it just clicked over 190,000. What an awesome, reliable car. Lots of power, excellent handling. I would drive it from one end of the country to the other without a second thought.

GREAT CAR

by Little lexi from Central, New Jersey | January 30, 2012

I purchased my TL a few months ago it is great witheverything and even has the modern features of the cars today! It just isn't the best on gas.

Great Tool. Found great car.

by Strategic Thinker from Tulsa, Oklahoma | January 9, 2012

The 1999 Acura TL we found on Cars.com is a perfect for my purposes. While I had intended to buy a later model luxury sedan the Acura rides and handles so well that I feel I am in a luxury sedan and I am getting 25 miles per gallon.

VEEERRYYY RELIABLE & COMFORTABLE

by Bug from texas | June 30, 2011

Bought this car from a friend over 5 yrs ago, i am second owner, know original owner, bought for $3000.00 with 218000k miles. changed timing belt & pump. Now has 340,000k. runs excellent, give no problem would not trade for nothing. bought 2009 honda accord. 2009 runs rough & loud & not as comfortable. I have anothe 200,000 k to put on. Don't bother about the check engine light etc, etc, reliability great. make sure oil & water or coolant in radiator & ck trans fluid u will be fine.

Just okay

by Honda Lover from | February 9, 2011

I wanted a Acura TL and I got one. I love the brand but not okay with this particular car. Purchased it from Lexus of Tacoma I had to replace the timing belt and water pump a week after I bought it. Had a bad ignition switch that had to be replaced because the car was shutting off while I was driving on the freeway at 70mph. Now that's fixed and it's running great but the check engine light won't go off and neither will the TCS light.

I love this car

by Sports Car Enthusiast in WI from WI | September 28, 2009

It is so comfortable. It is very reliable. It is FAST! It handles awesome. I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

Good performance, bad reliability

by sports car entusiast from California | May 14, 2009

The car has been in my family since it was first bought. it has a few recalls including one for a transmission. Even the newly installed one shifts harshly. have had problems with the navigation and fit and finish. car has overheated numerous times and the battery drains quickly, and the car only has 80,000 miles on it. on the up side, the engine is smooth and powerful, and the car has lots of luxuries for the price. I recommend steering clear of this car. if you must buy one, buy a model year 2002 and newer. it has a newer 5 speed auto and has a face lift. i hope this review was helpful.

None Better

by Willie from Omaha | January 30, 2009

I purchased this car new in December of 1998. I have driven it 172,000 miles and it has NEVER failed me. Over the years, power, handling, safety it has lost nothing to 10 years of new car technology. I look forward driving it another 172,000 miles and in 2018 it will still be the best car on the road.

Best car I've ever owned!

by Beck from West New York, NJ | January 4, 2009

I've owned my Acura for 6 years now and I've put more than 100K miles on it since purchasing it in 2003. With minimal service (Brakes, oil and a few minor sensor problems) the car still runs great at 136K mi. While the suspesion/handling is not as tight as it was a few years ago, the engine is phenomenal. I can still jump into traffic with confidence and accelleration from 40 to 70 is fantasitc. We have a 2008 Lexus IS 250 and the Acura is by far more powerful and more comfortable.

Best Car I've Owned Yet!

by TL Lover from Washington, DC | December 9, 2006

Bought it used with 75k miles and love it!! Have put about 60k miles on it and have only had to do brakes and tires. Fantastic car that is fun to drive, holds it value well, and will go to 300k miles and more.

Featured Services for this Acura TL