2003 Acura TL

Est. MPG

19 city / 29 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great car, but don't buy automatic - failure prone

by 2 time TL owner from Richmond, VA | August 6, 2013

Great car except for one fatal flaw - the automatic transmissions are junk, and to repair is more than these 1999-2003 TLs are worth, so pity but I've owned two of these and when the trans goes, an otherwise perfect car has to go to the junkyard and I've lost a bunch of money. Both TLs I bought b/c had proof the transmission had been rebuilt. Doesn't matter, the rebuilt trans still failed. Just trying to help others not make the mistake I have.

My 2nd TL

by KG-TL from Memphis, Tn | February 6, 2013

I loved my TL so much, I bought another. Aside from the tranny issues last time, I loved my TL. Fingers crossed.

Good Car

by Black On Black Acura 3.2 TL 2003 from Queens, NY | February 4, 2013

The sales person that we purchased from Fasil, nice guy, patient and did try to come down on the price for us, Boss wasn't trying to hear it. Overall the experience was great, for 10 yr old car it runs decent, but does need a few things done to it.

Total hook up on diamond of a car.

by puryear Benzo from National City, CA | January 16, 2013

I purchased low mile 2000 Benz 430 Sedan in mint condition. everyone loves it including me and family the salesman Ed was curteous and very helpful. I have refered co-workers along with all my friends. I am very happy with my ride, thank you guys at Value Cars.

The worst car I ever own

by Evet from Long Island,NY | January 16, 2013

The Car (Acura tls) not even ten years old and transmission field twice already,front lights leaks, heated seats not working already for few years so is cd player. That car its just horrible and been taking care of very good and I am done with Acura...

Great Daily Driver Value

by Car Fanatic from Kentucky | December 18, 2012

I found this 2003 TL on Cars.com. It's the last year of this generation, with just over 100,000 miles. That's less than half done, from my experience with Honda / Acura products. These cars seem over looked in the used car market, and therefore, are a great value. It is very comfortable, plenty of power, and good MPG for a 6 cylinder. For a similar price range and year, I also looked at Mazda 6, and Nissan Altima in four cylinder trim. I think I came out on top with this one.

Best all around.

by Pleasure with a lot speed from Allentown, PA | July 2, 2012

The best car I have ever owned. Over the years I have owned 17 new cars and 12 used. Taking into consideration other Automobiles in this class nothing continues to preform like the Acura. My neighbor purchased a BMW at around the same time and the repair cost became very high. He now ownes an Acura and. Is very happy. In 2013 I plan on giving TL to my grandson and buying another Acura.

Great car for the money

by Fast Type S from Asheville NC | January 24, 2012

Lots of features for the money. Fast/Comfortable/great gas mileage for a 3500 pound car that fun to drive.

I HAVE THE S. IT IS WONDERFUL!

by SHEYNDL from WASH., D.C., SUBURS | November 1, 2011

LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! AM PARTING WITH IT BECAUSE I'VE PROMISED IT TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER. THE ONLY THINKG I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT . IS THE HUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BACK SEAT--WHICH REALLY MAKES 5 PASSENGERS A PROBLEM. ON STRAIGHT ROADS I CAN GET 27 - 28 MPH. I USUALLY USE REGULAR--SOMETIMES PLUS--BUT CAN'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE. I NOW HAVE 88K MILES ON THE CAR, AND THINK IT'S GOT AT LEAST THAT MUCH MORE IN IT.

Love it!

by Mav51 from Mpls. Minnesota | June 18, 2011

Just bought a 03 TL Type S. Nighthawk black with the spoiler and underbody Kit. Both of those accessories make this car look that much better. Mine has 161 K but was a one owner and maintained with all reciepts. I stole it for $6500 as it looks and drives brand new. Love the MPG, im getting 20-28mpg, and the handling is close to BMW standards, although not quite as Ive owned the 5-series and they are by far the best made. Ive heard the bad raps about the trannys. Mine was replaced at 141K from the 1st owner and now shifts smooth and runs great. I dont anticipate any issues as Ive done my research. TL's can run forever, just make sure you get one well maintained and the tranny prob will go just make sure its replaced by the time you buy it. I actually prefer the higher mileage Tl's as the rare Lemons will have the 2nd or 3rd tranny gone by 150K. The more miles will tell you if its a keeper. Get a carfax! Love the car and will keep it as my daily commute for years to come. Make sure you pick up the Type S with the underbody kit and spoiler. Makes a world of a difference in my opinion. Regular TL's are a lot slower and lack the sport appeal.

Featured Services for this Acura TL