2003 Acura TL

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Acura TL 4dr Sedan shown

19 city / 29 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2nd Gen Acura TL (Type S)

by JDM Garage from | July 3, 2014

Former certified vehicle purchased at Metro Honda in North Carolina. Car was in excellent condition. Dealer service vehicle before delivery. Loaded with every factory option except the wooden steering wheel. Vehicle is an excellent balance of Luxury and Sport. 3.2 VTEC has a lot of power. 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth.

Over rated Honda.

by Easymoney from Phoenix, AZ rural area, retired older person | May 5, 2014

My friends own such a car a I was looking at, and highly recommended them. Theirs are a little newer (04 and 07), but theirs looked the same and felt the same. An Acura certified repairman told me that in 2009 Acura changed the body style somewhat and smoothed out the ride. If I ever get another one, I'll shoot for that year, or newer. I was too eager when the price was dropped to $6,750.00 to buy it, and should have been more critical of details. I later found it had a driver caused blister on the front tire. It had separations of the vinyl upholstery from the plastic trim on the back door handle pulls and the dash defroster vents, exposing the foam padding underneath the skin. the next day, the a/c died. $300 later I had a new "resistor" installed and the a/c worked good again, but wait, the temperature controls now do not set the temp. in the car. It just blows cold air. I can only keep from freezing by turning the fan to the lowest setting, or alternately turning it on or off. We only received one remote and it was pretty beat up. No records came with the car, so I have no idea if, or when, the timing chain has been replaced. At least the the original owners manual was in it. It was sold by a friend of a friend who was a licensed used car dealer X 3. A pleasant 90 year old man, but I should have known better. Word of advice; never buy a used car from anyone but the owner and/or a dealer who will warrantee the car to be in good working order, or he should make it right. On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised by the gas economy for a performance car (TL-S) and the speed with which it accelerated around slower cars. It does take a second or two to switch into passing gear which is a little annoying, but will pin your ears back when it does. I am also pleased with it road handling feel...very stable and accurate, although a bit harsh on washboard roads.. The rest is just indicative of the make and model. Easymoney.

Great car, but don't buy automatic - failure prone

by 2 time TL owner from Richmond, VA | August 6, 2013

Great car except for one fatal flaw - the automatic transmissions are junk, and to repair is more than these 1999-2003 TLs are worth, so pity but I've owned two of these and when the trans goes, an otherwise perfect car has to go to the junkyard and I've lost a bunch of money. Both TLs I bought b/c had proof the transmission had been rebuilt. Doesn't matter, the rebuilt trans still failed. Just trying to help others not make the mistake I have.

My 2nd TL

by KG-TL from Memphis, Tn | February 6, 2013

I loved my TL so much, I bought another. Aside from the tranny issues last time, I loved my TL. Fingers crossed.

Good Car

by Black On Black Acura 3.2 TL 2003 from Queens, NY | February 4, 2013

The sales person that we purchased from Fasil, nice guy, patient and did try to come down on the price for us, Boss wasn't trying to hear it. Overall the experience was great, for 10 yr old car it runs decent, but does need a few things done to it.

Total hook up on diamond of a car.

by puryear Benzo from National City, CA | January 16, 2013

I purchased low mile 2000 Benz 430 Sedan in mint condition. everyone loves it including me and family the salesman Ed was curteous and very helpful. I have refered co-workers along with all my friends. I am very happy with my ride, thank you guys at Value Cars.

The worst car I ever own

by Evet from Long Island,NY | January 16, 2013

The Car (Acura tls) not even ten years old and transmission field twice already,front lights leaks, heated seats not working already for few years so is cd player. That car its just horrible and been taking care of very good and I am done with Acura...

Great Daily Driver Value

by Car Fanatic from Kentucky | December 18, 2012

I found this 2003 TL on Cars.com. It's the last year of this generation, with just over 100,000 miles. That's less than half done, from my experience with Honda / Acura products. These cars seem over looked in the used car market, and therefore, are a great value. It is very comfortable, plenty of power, and good MPG for a 6 cylinder. For a similar price range and year, I also looked at Mazda 6, and Nissan Altima in four cylinder trim. I think I came out on top with this one.

Best all around.

by Pleasure with a lot speed from Allentown, PA | July 2, 2012

The best car I have ever owned. Over the years I have owned 17 new cars and 12 used. Taking into consideration other Automobiles in this class nothing continues to preform like the Acura. My neighbor purchased a BMW at around the same time and the repair cost became very high. He now ownes an Acura and. Is very happy. In 2013 I plan on giving TL to my grandson and buying another Acura.

Great car for the money

by Fast Type S from Asheville NC | January 24, 2012

Lots of features for the money. Fast/Comfortable/great gas mileage for a 3500 pound car that fun to drive.

Featured Services for this Acura TL