2007 Acura TL

Available in 2 styles:  2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very Nice Car!

by Paladin from Wallkill NY | September 23, 2014

4 out of 5 Our grandson is very happy with his new/used TL. It took me about a week to find a very nice '07 TL @ the right price, but I have a friend who works for Acura in Middletown NY & he gave us a great deal & we jumped on it. Andrew didn't see the car until we picked it up 3 weeks ago & was more than delighted with my decision (red pearl with 71K mi.). The TL comes very nicely equipped with many standard features that are optional on most other cars - Which is why I can understand our grandson's decision to get the TL in the first place. Basically the TL has almost every feature that a 17 year old would want & more - It's sexy appearance, "power everything" - seats, windows, door locks, moon/sun roof, 6 cd changer, Bluetooth, dual climate control ac, nice rims & leather. For about $200 I added a rear spoiler & wheel locks & now the kid is good to go for the next 4 years (college). The way I figure it - If he drives 8K mi. per yr. in 4 years the car will have about 100K mi. & be worth about half of what we paid for it as the TL does hold it's value & as long as he takes proper care & maintains/services the car - I think it was a very solid investment & should provide a decent down payment for his 2019 Acura when he graduates college. FWIT - I have worked selling used cars for well over 20 years & have a great knowledge of almost any car made since the '60's (Way before Acura's, Infinity's, Luxus inception) So I do know what I am saying. I only rated the TL 4.5 stars, as it is almost impossible to rate any car as perfect & the TL while giving buyers quite a bit of features & styling is no exception to this rule & the only nearly perfect car I have ever owned is still my '04 Jag XJR which I rate a 4.99999999999!"

Isn't Honda/ Acura supposed to be one of the best?

by dontpurchaseaTL from Cary, NC | July 15, 2014

I purchased this car used with 85k (which isn't supposed to be a lot for these vehicles) all was well at first, but then things started changing. One day while changing the disk in my CD player the radio display read "error" and stopped working. I now can not get out 5 CDs that were in the six disk CD player without forking over a minimum of $600 (as quoted) to Leith Acura in Cary, NC. Although the radio kept working (for about a month, it now selectively works and makes loud popping noises) the guy at the dealer said he has gotten numerous phone calls about this before, he said using "burned CDs" in the six disk CD players is not good for them (thanks for telling me after the fact) and that they basically are self destructive. Now since my radio selectively works I wear headphones when it decides not to work. Another issue that popped up today is my alarm randomly goes off if my car is locked and the alarm is set. After doing some research online many other Acura owners are facing the same issue. One person posted online that it was because of their navigation / radio system failing (similar to my story) others have said it was because the door lock actuator (the popular reason as to why it was acting up). My whole thing is if so many people are complaining to dealers and posting complaints online then why isn't Acura giving out recalled parts or why aren't they at least backing up their products? With this said, I probably would not buy an Acura again and definitely would not recommended this model year TL.

THE BEST

by ALLABOUTCARS from | December 17, 2013

RELIABLE QUICK CAR TOO. OVERALL ONE OF THE BEST CARS EVER MADE. HAVE A 2007 TYPE S WITH 70K ON IT STILL DRIVES LIKE BRAND NEW

2007 Acura TL Type-S!

by Car Guy from Albuquerque, NM | November 11, 2013

I had a 2007 Acura TL Type-S bought for me to replace my BMW M3. I wasn't so happy about it being an automatic, but now that I have driven it, I love it! It's fast, sporty, luxurious, and fun. It is not nearly as fast as my M3, but it is fast for what it is and it is a lot of fun to drive in manual mode or with the paddle shifters. The LED's galore are stunning and the car overall is very attractive. I love the large touchscreen navigation system and the audio ports that are built-in! Everything on the inside is very ergonomic and it is a good car to haul people or to go have some fun in!

Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable

by ExAcura from Lafayette, LA | September 11, 2013

We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy from Acura! Any other auto maker would stand behind their product and fix their flawed design. Up until recently I have been a huge fan of Acura. I have convinced several of my friends, family, and acquaintances looking to buy a vehicle that Acura is the way to go. From now on I will do the opposite. I could have chosen from several brand new cars for $20,000, but instead I bought what I thought was a 'quality' used car. This will be the last Acura I own. All we wanted was for Acura to fix their sub par dashboard so we could go on being happy with our purchase. My wife drive's this car, I drive an Acura RSX (but I am not a 'loyal' Acura customer). She drives clients around on a regular basis. The dashboard crack is right in front of their face. They ask "How old is this car?" She replies "2007". They say "Wow, I thought Acura was a premium brand of automobile. I have a (insert year here), (insert make here), (insert model here), and the dash looks brand new." She replies "yes, we thought that too. Acura will not fix the issue, so we will not buy another one."

Horrible Customer Service

by Acura Man from | October 28, 2012

After being quoted a price of $13,200 I drove 3hrs to buy this car only to be told that they won't sell it to me for that price.

Bait and switch artist

by Bait and switched from Louisville, KY | July 20, 2012

The dealer leaves cars listed for sale after they have been sold in order to get buyers to call them. Once informed that the car has been sold, the dealer tries to sell you on a different car.

I'm in love

by v-dubb killer from NY | July 16, 2012

purchased my 2007 TL, five years ago. I highly recommend this vehicle, it has been nothing short of phenomenal. Everything is great. Performance, reliability, styling and comfort. not a single mechanical issue and i have run it hard at times. I have one complaint. The TL has sport bucket seats the passenger needs an option to elevate their seat, it is very low. However if you do not sit there, who cares!

Beautiful car, with outstanding performance!!

by carjunkie_NV from Nevada | February 2, 2012

Of course its very reliable, its a Honda product. It gets good gas mileage considering its performance. I bought the TL Type S and absolutely love it! Everything you could ever want in a car. Comfortable seating, sapacious interior, heated seats!

COMFORT AND RELIABILITY

by sammy from DC | January 1, 2012

THE EXTERIOR DESIGN IS SPORTY COMPARED TO THE NEWER MODEL. THE TL IS A SMOOTH RIDE WITH A TASTE OF LUXURY.

Featured Services for this Acura TL