2008 Acura TL

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Smooth Ride and Awesome Technology Package

by Bill from Newnan, GA | August 15, 2013

The TL is the most comfortable ride I have ever had. The interior is sleek and quiet. I love the Blue Tooth connectivity and the integrated GPS system. It is sporty, yet luxurious.

Honda/Acura predictability

by Old Guy from Austin, TX | January 11, 2013

I purchased my third Acura two years ago. My second TL and this time it is the TL-s (now have 2004TL and 2008TLs). I have purchased Honda products since I was a kid and that means the motorcycles at first. Always had predictable reliability over the years which there were 4 motorcycle models total. The TL models are just enough smart stuff to keep me happy pushing buttons and not breaking. I also have opted to keep my older CL-s Acura for banging around town. It has 118K on the odometer and all features and accessories function fine. --It just turned 12years old and very little has been done to it.--Wish Honda had kept Bose sound, but the TL Acuras have very good sound systems, too. By the way, my daughter has close to 150K on a 6cylinder 2000Accord I bought new. --It keeps on ticking with very little wrong that should not be expected. On a car this old it just got its first pair of front shocks in 2012. All in all I would say if you do good maintenance Honda will give you great years of service. KEEP UP THE RELIABILITY HONDA/ACURA AND I WILL BE BACK FOR MORE.

Best value for the money

by Luis from Northeast NJ | December 27, 2012

First and foremost: I have an 08 TL/w Nav I bought used in Dec 2011 after my 07 TL/w Nav(Leased 2/3/07) was totaled after being in a head on(passenger side front offset crash)collision with a Ford F150 that was evading police. While I sustained moderate to severe whiplash and a bruised chest from the seatbelt, I walked away from the accident which was a testament in the safety of this vehicle. With that said I will continue with my review: Pro's: Comes with a lot of features standard that BMW's, Mercede's, and Audi's nickle and dime you on(Compared to models of the same years 07-08). Ride comfort is pretty good and road noise isn't too shabby. It's not as quiet as a BMW 5 series but it's not too far off. Acceleration isn't too shabby, 0-60 is around low-mid 6 seconds. I am not a fan of the stock Michelin all season tires. They're OK in dry, OK in wet with more than 50% tread only, and suck in the snow. Less than 50% tread and they hydroplane excessively in the wet. Snow and ice forget about it, they're horrible. Go with the Continental DWS tires, they're a world of a difference and make the TL a little quieter on the road. As the expert reviews say, the turning radius on the TL isn't that good. Almost needs 40ft to make a complete U-Turn. Common issues with this vehicle is sub-woofer rattles on the back deck and the side mirror switch/auto reverse tilt feature sometimes the mirrors stick or the switch goes bad(Has happened to me on both TL's i owned). Both repaired under warranty but minor issues.

Great Car

by JoViDi from Woodbury, NJ | December 14, 2012

Had my 2008 Acura TL for almost 5 years and enjoyed it considerably. Fun to drive with great pick-up on the turbo charged engine. Virtually, trouble free for 5 years.

Solid

by RP from Knoxville, TN | September 26, 2012

I love my Acura TL, I have all the luxury specs(except nav) for a much more reasonable price when compared to BMW or Lexus or Mercedes. Fun to drive also and its not the Type-S.

NEW TL

by TL DRIVER from COLULMBIA SC | August 13, 2012

I LOVE THE 08 TL THAT I GOT. ITS HAS ALL THE FEATURES ON THE BASE MODEL THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR EXTRA ON BMW'S OR MERCEDES. IT CAN BE DRIVEN LIKE A LUXURY CAR OR LIKE A SPORTS CAR! THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT THE WAY IT DOWN SHIFTS GEARS IS WEIRD BUT IT DOWN SHIFTS HARD AS IF YOU WAS DRIVEN A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. IT TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO.

PIECE OF JUNK CAR!!! BEWARE!

by FL car driver from Orlando, FL | May 29, 2012

I purchased my Used 2008 Certified Acura TL with only 28,000 miles on it from an authroized dealer in Alabama with extended warranty. The car just hit 44,000 and now its having electrical problems! Its currently on its second battery. This car was the "dream car" I wanted, after school this is all I wanted to buy but its been the biggest regret of my life. The car I previouslly owned a 2003 Honda Accord same thing, same dumb techs telling me they don't know whats wrong with it because sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. However this TL just want start at all once it has a new battery its drained a day or two later, the stupid techs tried to blame it on the navigation system.... that I don't have because they didn't even bother to look inside the car. I hate hate hate this car I need a car thats reliable something that starts when you get in it! I hope that someone reads this and finds this useful, its a problem that has been happening for awhile read the Acura forums that talk about the dead battery mystery. My first car was an Acura, I've only owned Acura and Honda but I will never ever pay money for one again!

Awsome car!

by Acura freak from Racine, wi | April 9, 2012

This car is hands down the best car for the price. I get 33mpg on hwy and 28 in the city. Fast! Sporty and sweet looking

Best Car In The World

by Sport Sedan from Needham MA | April 8, 2012

The TL is one of the best cars around. It has a very comfortable cabin with a good exterior and interior. Have had some minor dents but it is a excellent car with my years with it.

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

by TL-S FAN IN LINDEN NJ from LINDEN, NJ | February 24, 2012

THIS IS MY 3RD ACURA, WENT FROM A 99' CL TO A 03' TL-S AND NOW A 08' TL-S. HANDS DOWN ACURA PUTS OUT A GREAT PRODUCT TIME AND TIME AGAIN. PURCHASED THE 08' TL-S WITH ONLY 29,000 MILES AS A CERTIFIED CAR. I DON'T THINK I'VE COULD OF MADE A BETTER PURCHASE FOR THE VALUE..IE. NAVIGATION, PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM. WILL BE AN ACURA OWNER TILL MY LAST BREATH.

Featured Services for this Acura TL