2008 Acura TL

17–18 city / 26 hwy

Overall

2nd TL and probably not the last

by Pushing Double Nickels from Orange County, CA | October 23, 2014

I owned a 2006 and loved it. Sold it back to the dealer and leased a new Accord V-6 which had plenty of power but lacked the sporty handling of my TL. Researched which old style TL's were best (2007 and 2008 most reliable per Consumer Reports) and then spoke to 5-6 dealers who had TL's I would consider. Wound up with a 2008 w/60K mileage and added on a 3-year complete bumper to bumper maintenance plan. The TL and RL to me are the top of the line in both style, power, and handling. Take it from an old muscle car owner (69 Grand Prix, 70 GTO, 76 Grand Prix, etc.), the TL is like having a muscle car with class and style rather then loud glass packs and headers. Check out Lesson # 10 "Don't Skimp On The Important Stuff" in Pushing Double Nickels, now on sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kindle, etc. which talks about how you should never look at just price when looking to buy certain things. Quality matters when spending this kind of money.

Excellent car

by Ben from Long Island, NY | September 4, 2014

I bought this car when my '03 TL-S was vandalized and totaled. That one had 145K miles and never cost me a penny in the four years I had it. This '08 TL has many added features. It doesn't have the navigation pack, so there's no GPS, etc., but that's all right. The more you put into a car the more there is to break. This car only had 44K miles, so for an Acura that's brand new. The ride is firm and the car is very responsive. I haven't checked the specs, but it feels like it has more power than the TL-S. I look forward to the same kind of performance and value from this car as I had from my last one. Acura rocks!

Nice ride

by CarGuyWannabe from Denver, CO | July 29, 2014

I had to give up a 2000 Maxima 3 years ago because my wife wanted a new van. We traded in the Maxima, she got a 2011 Sienna and I got her 2004 Camry. The Camry was totaled in a hail storm recently and I got the okay from my wife to upgrade. I stayed away from Euros because I need something reliable. I had to look at used because I can't drop 30-40k on a car right now. I drove Maxima's, Altima's, Camry SE, G 35x, Subaru's and the TL was by far the best in terms of fit and finish, handling, performance, and comfort. It really is an entry level luxury car that can go as well. The exterior style is a little long in the tooth, but I can live with it, and really, it's not bad looking. I've been getting gas mileage that is a little better than advertised, 19 city and 29 highway, and that's a plus as well. I really shopped my TL, there are a lot of beat up ones out there. But if you shop well, and take a little time there are some very nice ones out there too!

Love the TL

by BigFan from | May 25, 2014

Best car I have ever owned! This is my second TL...and I really have never had any problems. Comfort, style, speed, MPG, etc. Just wonderful!

Smooth Ride and Awesome Technology Package

by Bill from Newnan, GA | August 15, 2013

The TL is the most comfortable ride I have ever had. The interior is sleek and quiet. I love the Blue Tooth connectivity and the integrated GPS system. It is sporty, yet luxurious.

Honda/Acura predictability

by Old Guy from Austin, TX | January 11, 2013

I purchased my third Acura two years ago. My second TL and this time it is the TL-s (now have 2004TL and 2008TLs). I have purchased Honda products since I was a kid and that means the motorcycles at first. Always had predictable reliability over the years which there were 4 motorcycle models total. The TL models are just enough smart stuff to keep me happy pushing buttons and not breaking. I also have opted to keep my older CL-s Acura for banging around town. It has 118K on the odometer and all features and accessories function fine. --It just turned 12years old and very little has been done to it.--Wish Honda had kept Bose sound, but the TL Acuras have very good sound systems, too. By the way, my daughter has close to 150K on a 6cylinder 2000Accord I bought new. --It keeps on ticking with very little wrong that should not be expected. On a car this old it just got its first pair of front shocks in 2012. All in all I would say if you do good maintenance Honda will give you great years of service. KEEP UP THE RELIABILITY HONDA/ACURA AND I WILL BE BACK FOR MORE.

Best value for the money

by Luis from Northeast NJ | December 27, 2012

First and foremost: I have an 08 TL/w Nav I bought used in Dec 2011 after my 07 TL/w Nav(Leased 2/3/07) was totaled after being in a head on(passenger side front offset crash)collision with a Ford F150 that was evading police. While I sustained moderate to severe whiplash and a bruised chest from the seatbelt, I walked away from the accident which was a testament in the safety of this vehicle. With that said I will continue with my review: Pro's: Comes with a lot of features standard that BMW's, Mercede's, and Audi's nickle and dime you on(Compared to models of the same years 07-08). Ride comfort is pretty good and road noise isn't too shabby. It's not as quiet as a BMW 5 series but it's not too far off. Acceleration isn't too shabby, 0-60 is around low-mid 6 seconds. I am not a fan of the stock Michelin all season tires. They're OK in dry, OK in wet with more than 50% tread only, and suck in the snow. Less than 50% tread and they hydroplane excessively in the wet. Snow and ice forget about it, they're horrible. Go with the Continental DWS tires, they're a world of a difference and make the TL a little quieter on the road. As the expert reviews say, the turning radius on the TL isn't that good. Almost needs 40ft to make a complete U-Turn. Common issues with this vehicle is sub-woofer rattles on the back deck and the side mirror switch/auto reverse tilt feature sometimes the mirrors stick or the switch goes bad(Has happened to me on both TL's i owned). Both repaired under warranty but minor issues.

Great Car

by JoViDi from Woodbury, NJ | December 14, 2012

Had my 2008 Acura TL for almost 5 years and enjoyed it considerably. Fun to drive with great pick-up on the turbo charged engine. Virtually, trouble free for 5 years.

Solid

by RP from Knoxville, TN | September 26, 2012

I love my Acura TL, I have all the luxury specs(except nav) for a much more reasonable price when compared to BMW or Lexus or Mercedes. Fun to drive also and its not the Type-S.

NEW TL

by TL DRIVER from COLULMBIA SC | August 13, 2012

I LOVE THE 08 TL THAT I GOT. ITS HAS ALL THE FEATURES ON THE BASE MODEL THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR EXTRA ON BMW'S OR MERCEDES. IT CAN BE DRIVEN LIKE A LUXURY CAR OR LIKE A SPORTS CAR! THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT THE WAY IT DOWN SHIFTS GEARS IS WEIRD BUT IT DOWN SHIFTS HARD AS IF YOU WAS DRIVEN A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. IT TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO.

Featured Services for this Acura TL