2009 Acura TL

2009 Acura TL
Available in 2 styles:  2009 Acura TL 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Not as good as Legend or Integra.

by Techman from Hamilton,Ontario | January 15, 2014

2009 Acura Tl is NOT made in Japan!!! First 4 years the car was OK,then the problems started.I have the technology package so my Acura is full of sensors that have to be replaced from time to time.If your dealer is close-no problem,if you have to drive 100 miles to the nearest Acura dealer buy few oxygen sensors,gas caps etc.They used to make Acuras in Japan and the reliability was much,much better.Now Acuras are made in USA so the overall reliability is similar to GM,or Chrysler. Acura TL is not as reliable as Legend or Integra. DO NOT buy Acura TL if is older than 4 years!!! Failing sensors will drain your wallet.

great luxury value

by car nut from long island,ny | January 1, 2013

this is a truly great deal, the combination of performance, luxury,size and reliability cant be beat.the tech package with nav, back up cam and voice activated controls is a must get. The back seat is very spacey and comfortable. It has more rear room than its competitors.this car brand holds its value better than most brands. You cannot lose, the car is consistently ranked amoung the most reliable brands.

Great Buy

by Happy Owner from Ohio | November 24, 2012

Being a loyal Honda/Acura owner in the past, I struggled in finding a quality used car that had the features and reliability I had grown accustomed to. I was looking for a change, so I drove basically every foreign vehicle out there. Infinity, Lexus, Bmw, Mercedes, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Nissan, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia and Subaru. None of these cars grabbed my attention, felt quality, had reassuring reliability reviews or were priced accordingly. The last car I stumbled upon was my 2009 Acura TL. Initially, I was a bit put off by the front grill. I always thought the previous generation TL's were attractive but this generation’s design had me scratching my head. Is this thing hideous? Is it modern? I decided that ugly or not, it would be a worry-free purchase. Within several months of ownership, I am actually happy to report that countless people have approached me at gas stations and shopping plazas to ask me about the car and comment on how beautiful it is. It has actually reached the point of annoying. The car is 4 years old and apparently such an eye catcher, folks think it’s brand new. Maybe the subjective styling was just a bit ahead of its time? The interior with its cockpit design is well laid out with plenty of high end features you would expect on an Acura. Although the ridiculous amount of buttons looks intimidating, they are all in reach, serve their purpose and are simple once you know where everything is. The V6 engine is powerful and quiet (premium only gas is not an issue as it ends up being only a few bucks more per fill up), suspension is a bit stiff and more sporty than expected and steering is smooth and responsive. The headlights and taillights are extremely bright, possibly blinding oncoming traffic and those stopped behind me at traffic lights. As far as repairs go, this 4 year old vehicle with 50,000 miles has been problem free. I’ve had to recharge my air conditioning, replace tires and schedule oil changes. The breaks are original and still have a decent amount of life on them. Overall, this vehicle has exceeded my already high expectations of an Acura automobile. My warranty is set to expire in less than a month. With the least bit of concern, I plan to keep my TL for many years to come.

Erconomics

by Acura Loyalist from Portland | October 3, 2012

I have had many cars in the past and found this car to be one of the best I have owned. I like very much like the erconomic design of the interieor. Everything is laid out nicely and easy to reach. The exterior is very modern and is different which I like. Doesn't look like a typical car. I bought this car due to several reson and wanted to protecct my newborn. First It has a 5 star crash test side, front, and even scored acceptable with the new highway test, partial front side impact. Not many cars passed this test, especially luxary cars. I also factor the AWD as a safety feature that will help in car control in wet and snowy condition. The final factor is the reliability of Acura. I've owned a 2002 Acura RSX for over 12 years and have not had any major repair. Due to this experience I know I can not go wrong with this car.

Acura is the most reliable car, 3rd one for us

by Acura Lover from Houston, TX | September 10, 2012

As an owner of Acura for the last 3 years, learned many ups from it. Great on mileage, very little maintance and if you desire, can keep it for many years. One we had was almost 200K miles and still run without a problem. We just exchange it for a newer model.

The older version was the best looking car

by Ramsey from Herndon, VA | June 1, 2012

I hate the new look of the TL. Tl until 2008 was the best looking car. Especially the Type-S Model. I love it. You hardly find a 2008 TL Type-s within 50 mile radius for sale. Acura should fire the guy who changed the design of the car totally. If he had done changes to the older version, I may have like it, But this one NOOOO

Best Car ever made

by Piper from Bronx, NY | April 30, 2012

I recently bought my certified used 2009 TL and I am so very happy. My experience was great the salesmen was helpful and courteous. They answered all my questions and soothe my fears. They were very helpful and the price I paid was spot on. I am glad I went to this dealership because I know I got the best car and the best price ever.

Continue to Love Acuras

by Acura Fan from Hawley, PA | January 23, 2012

I recently bought a 2009 Acura TL which was CPO from an Acura dealer. It had 35K miles but is in great shop. It replaced an Acura RL that I had for 5 years and that I put 150K miles on. I like the RL even better because it does have the AWD and Technology package I had with the RL, but is a little smaller and a bit better on gas mileage - not its best feature but I like their cars. Will keep buying Acuras.

Best Car I have ever owned

by St. Clair George from Pittsburgh, PA | January 8, 2012

Bought my TL in 2009 and have 41,000 miles on the car. I have had absolutely no problems at all. Have only had oil changed and tires. Every time I take it in for oil change I ask if my brakes are OK and they are. I can't believe it, most of the 41000 miles are city driving. I have never owned a car that I could go this long without something needing done, let alone brakes. By the way, I previously had 2 BMW's and a Lexus. I have always loved BMW's especially, but for what you get pricewise in the Acura it is a much better value. Anybody that ask's me, I tell them that it is the best car I have ever had.

disappointment

by 1sttimeacuraowner from texas | July 31, 2011

this car isnt worth the price. The ride is rough where you can feel the road and hear the tire rolling on the road.

Featured Services for this Acura TL