Completely overhauled for 2009, Acura's best-selling sports sedan now comes with a new 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine and is newly available with Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive. The model also receives an exterior redesign and an interior face-lift, as well as voice activation for many features.
New for 2009
New engine options with more horsepower, all-wheel drive, new exterior design, new cabin and available voice-activated integration for navigation system.
The TL sedan's exterior is drastically redesigned for 2009. It remains wide and aggressive, but a pronounced "beak" juts out from under Acura's shield grill. The TL is 195.3 inches long and has a 109.3-inch wheelbase, making it larger than its predecessor, as well as larger than competitors like the Infiniti G (187 inches) and the Lexus ES (191 inches).
- Unusual front and rear styling
- 17-inch alloy wheels standard; 18- or 19-inch wheels available
- Projector low-beam and halogen high-beam headlights
- Front fog lamps
- In-glass radio antenna
- Dual exhaust finishers
The TL's interior receives a face-lift for 2009, making it slightly more upscale, though just as reserved, as the previous generation's. Every TL model comes with an eight-disc CD changer, iPod and USB connectivity, and an auxiliary input jack. A Technology Package provides interior upgrades like keyless access, voice activation for the navigation system, an 8-inch full-color navigation display and a premium audio system.
The TL's trunk has 12.5 cubic feet of storage space, which is less than the Infiniti G and Lexus ES. The TL seats five.
Standard interior features include:
- Leather-trimmed interior
- 10-way power driver's seat, including power lumbar support
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated front seats
- Steering-wheel buttons that operate audio, cruise-control and voice-recognition functions
Under the Hood
There's a choice of two engines, both of which work with a five-speed automatic transmission.
- New 280-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 254 pounds-feet of torque
- 305-hp, 3.7-liter V-6 with 275 pounds-feet of torque (TL SH-AWD)
- EPA-estimated mileage of 18/26 mpg city/highway in base TL, 17/24 in SH-AWD
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Three-point seat belts in all positions
- Active head restraints for front seats
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|David Thomas||Cars.com National||August 18, 2008|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||August 18, 2008|
|G. Chambers Williams III||Star-Telegram.com||June 25, 2009|
|Tom Strongman||KansasCity.com||June 4, 2009|
|Jim Mateja||chicagotribune.com||January 11, 2009|
|Warren Brown||washingtonpost.com||December 14, 2008|
|Dan Neil||Los Angeles Times||October 31, 2008|
|G. Chambers Williams III||Star-Telegram.com||September 28, 2008|
|Scott Burgess||The Detroit Newspapers||September 4, 2008|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Acura TL
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.