2013 Acura TL

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Acura TL 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

Dead at 63,000 miles

by v burke from Southern CA | July 9, 2015

Bought a TL as an "upgrade" for my old reliable Honda Accord. What a mistake! After caring for this car and doing all of the recommended maintenance it blew the engine at 63,000 miles. Technically it is only cylinder #5 that is no longer holding compression, but it is going to be thousands of dollars to repair and it really should not have happened. We specifically bought this car because of Acura's UNFOUNDED reputation for high reliability. Other things to consider with this car: It has a really bad blind spot. I have had many close calls in traffic with the TL as well as having a fender bender with a mail truck in the lane next to me that I simply never saw. The doors are heavy want to swing close. They are constantly bashing into your legs. The older model (2007) no longer interfaces with my iPhone to take Bluetooth calls. The front leather seats disintegrated after 5 years. They just became crispy and started to crack apart. Overall, NOT worth the higher price tag compared with a Honda.

My Review

by Anthony S. from League City, TX | April 9, 2015

I went to AutoNation Acura in League City, TX, in hopes of getting a new car. I was helped by Mr. Brown, who helped me find a great car! With his amazing help and an amazing test ride, I left with the 2013 Acura TL. This car is a great combination of luxury and sport. It ride so comfortably, when the windows are up you practically hear nothing from the outside, all you hear is how nicely that engine runs. I've only had this car for about a month now, but I'm happy with the choice I made, Definitely would recommend this car to friends !

Not perfect, but better than the rest (for the $)

by Only sports sedan really worth the $$$ from Tallmadge, OH | February 25, 2014

I've had the SH-AWD w/Advance package (auto) for over a year now. I spent a ton of time test driving and researching luxury/performance sedans. In the end, I opted for the wise choice...not the "I want to look cool and don't care if I spend thousands on repairs" choice. Yes, I really liked the Audi A4, but it's smaller, has less power, and I don't care what anyone says...not as reliable as the TL. People with a ton of money don't care about resale value, etc., but I do. If you want a comfortable ride, lots of technology, and pretty darn good performance (without going to the repair shop), then this car is for you. If you care more about image and looks and are loaded, then buy something else.

Unique Tourer!

by Car Lover from Iowa | February 9, 2014

After two Infiniti G35s (2003 and 2006), I purchased a 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD with the Technology Package 6MT -- the only configuration in which I could get a manual transmission -- in March 2013. While it is very capable of carving up canyon roads at illegal speeds, I have to say that it is best appreciated as a very competent, athletic touring car rather than as a sports sedan. It is absolutely unique and a compelling value: 300+ HP in a V6,+ AWD + Sport Suspension + Tech Features + Midsize Room and Comfort, for only about 40K of real-world money. It is the car for people who have grown up on sports sedans, switching their preferences to a little bit more of comfort and luxury over performance as they mature. I love my car and its all-weather capabilities. Some aspects of the exterior could have been slightly modified, and I would have liked a little bit more trunk room. But that is quibbling. Love it for what it is -- a superb touring car and a screaming value.

Worst Car in the Maket!!! First and Last Acura!

by terryJ from | January 2, 2014

The TL is probably the worst car in the market, Acura should close their business forever! This is super super bumpy and noise ride. I can feel every bumps on the road even tiny bumps and there are rattles from center console when go over bumps. The suspensions also make thumping and popping sound when go over bumps .The engine runs rough after just 10k mils. What a horrible ownership of this car. Can't wait to get rid of this junk. What a waste of money. I should do more research before i buy this car. First and last Acura! Do not buy any Acura cars!!!

Beautiful car

by tennis gal from Ann Arbor, MI | November 21, 2013

The Acura feels so luxurious and safe. I love the performance and the hard drive that holds all my favorite songs/CD's. The Navigation and hands free phone features are really easy to use. Loving my new car!!

Good car!

by Tl from Houston, tx | November 12, 2013

Got this car at a steal so had to pick it up. It has great performance, styling, and handling. Overall it's an amazing car that you can't help but fall in love with. Would recommend this to anyone needing a cool fast and awesome car.

Love the Acura TL

by Big N Houston from Houston, Texas | November 10, 2013

I don't have a lot to say except that my wife loves the car. While the navigation package is rather pricy the rear view camera and display screen make the car safer and more fun to drive. This will not be our last Acura purchase.

Best car for value

by Caliman from Redlands,ca | August 12, 2013

This is my 2nd TL I have owned and 3rd Acura. The car performs excellent and gives you more for your money than any other luxurary car. The body has not changed much but the engine gives you more power and better gas.

Fantastic motor car

by Philip F from VA | July 21, 2013

I am delighted with the handling characteristics of the TL! When you approach a corner, the car just glides right through it with ease and little or no effort on my part. It is comfortable and beautiful inside. The Tech version takes a bit of learning but, as a retired Naval Aviator I can tell you it is close to flying my helicopters! It is wonderful in all respects. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the tech and enjoy the price!