2015 Acura TLX

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great car for the money

by Impressed from New York | March 1, 2016

I used to lease the 2013 ILX. When my lease was up, I was able get the TLX for less than the ILX due to dealer incentives. While I didn't like the 2016 ILX, I really like the TLX. The car really feels like a luxury car. I like the fact that the seats remember the driver based upon the key that you are using so the seat automatically adjusts for you. The ride is quiet and there is plenty of acceleration. The seats are very comfortable. It has a nice combination of luxury car and sports car feel to it. It's really a pleasure to drive.

HATE

by dallasguy214 from dallas texas | October 28, 2015

I cannot WAIT to get rid of this car. I purchased this car at invoice (what the dealer pays for the car) I put 3500 down when I bought it. I wasnt really feeling the car anymore so i took it to trade it in.... car has depriciated another 7 GRAND in 4 months. Total of over 10,000 dollars. This is my first foreign car and will be my LAST. No american car I have ever owned has depriciated so quickly. STAY AWAY.

Good car for the money BUT

by Noirdom92 from Texas | October 3, 2015

After about a month of driving, I can say that the ride is quiet and smooth, but the transmission shifts a little rough at lower speeds. The car does not have as much get up and go at the 2010 TL and the audio system is still sub par. The lane assist and adaptive cruise control works well, but again there is a but. The cruise control will brake hard unnecessarily instead of slowing down gradually when an object is in front.

Grate car for the price

by Marty from Atlantic City,NJ | September 22, 2015

I still love the old TX as it was a little bit larger and it had a spare tire.I guess it is the idea of Acura that in case of a flat one should call Roadside Assistance.

Marvelous car for the money

by Value consumer from Nashville, Tennessee | September 19, 2015

The Acura 2015 TLX is a wonderful car particularly for the price. it is great looking inside and out. It has a smooth 8 speed transmission mated to a 4 cylinder engine. Once can barely hear the engine even at low gears. It has a marvelous smooth ride and the 4 wheel steer makes it corner better than any other car I have driven. The quality of construction is very good and comparable to other cars in its size and upscale class. I looked at the competition and agree all were great cars, but the quality, reputation and price of the car sold it for me. I purchased it at my local Acura dealer after comparing prices of the car nationally. I highly recommend this car.

Good Car like all Acuras

by Bruno from Naperville | August 31, 2015

Real Nice :Car but lots of competition out there... Way too much cost for V6 vs. V4!! Thanks Bruce Gervel

almost a sports sedan

by leadfoot from wash dc | August 31, 2015

Tested several sports sedans and this was best compormise of handling, space, quiet and cost. The duel clutch transmission was a real improvement over full manuel and and continues to improve as it adapts to my driving style. The driver's seat is not as supportive as I would like.

the 9 speed transmission is a pile of junk!

by ATXTLX from Austin,TX | July 22, 2015

I purchased this car on New Year's Eve, and it was my first luxury car, and first Acura. It will be my last Acura, that is for sure. The new model was introduced with a new 9 speed transmission, from ZF. The transmission "software" is a pile of junk. Just Google "Acura TLX Transmission" and you can thank me later. BEWARE.

Good value

by dallasguy214 from Dallas Texas | June 21, 2015

I purchased this car 2 months ago. When I was shopping I was looking at BMW, Acura, Audi, Mercedes and Infiniti. I was looking at the best value in terms of cost and this car was the least expensive. I liked that the car had a lot of features that are not standard on the base model but this one did for right around 30K. I traded in a 2014 Ford Focus for this car. I wanted something a little more luxurious. I do like this car and if you are in the market for luxury without breaking the bank. One complaint I do have is the dual clutch transmission. My Focus had a dual clutch and I have to say the Ford's transmission was more refined that this one. Sometimes it is VERY jerky trying to look for gears at low speeds where you can feel it. Acura has not hit a home run with this 8 speed. I would wait about another year for them to get the kinks out if that would be a concern of yours. Other than that I enjoy and like the car. I don't keep cars for long I probably wont keep this one much longer. If you are looking for a thrill I would go for the V6 this car is a little to heavy for a 4 cylinder non turbo.

Lesson Learned

by Disappointed Acura Newbie from Charlotte, NC | May 4, 2015

2.4L Technology: Thought I had bought higher end value until my wife told me her passenger seat didn't go up & down. Dealer offered to take it back (minus depreciation) in trade for V6 model, which has passenger seat that goes up / down. Why offer what should be a standard on larger engine TLX model but not most popular version? Car has 1950 miles on it and has sat in drive for 5 months. I'd never buy Acura, keep shopping.