2015 Acura TLX

Starting MSRP

Overall

Good Car like all Acuras

by Bruno from Naperville | August 31, 2015

Real Nice :Car but lots of competition out there... Way too much cost for V6 vs. V4!! Thanks Bruce Gervel

almost a sports sedan

by leadfoot from wash dc | August 31, 2015

Tested several sports sedans and this was best compormise of handling, space, quiet and cost. The duel clutch transmission was a real improvement over full manuel and and continues to improve as it adapts to my driving style. The driver's seat is not as supportive as I would like.

the 9 speed transmission is a pile of junk!

by ATXTLX from Austin,TX | July 22, 2015

I purchased this car on New Year's Eve, and it was my first luxury car, and first Acura. It will be my last Acura, that is for sure. The new model was introduced with a new 9 speed transmission, from ZF. The transmission "software" is a pile of junk. Just Google "Acura TLX Transmission" and you can thank me later. BEWARE.

Good value

by dallasguy214 from Dallas Texas | June 21, 2015

I purchased this car 2 months ago. When I was shopping I was looking at BMW, Acura, Audi, Mercedes and Infiniti. I was looking at the best value in terms of cost and this car was the least expensive. I liked that the car had a lot of features that are not standard on the base model but this one did for right around 30K. I traded in a 2014 Ford Focus for this car. I wanted something a little more luxurious. I do like this car and if you are in the market for luxury without breaking the bank. One complaint I do have is the dual clutch transmission. My Focus had a dual clutch and I have to say the Ford's transmission was more refined that this one. Sometimes it is VERY jerky trying to look for gears at low speeds where you can feel it. Acura has not hit a home run with this 8 speed. I would wait about another year for them to get the kinks out if that would be a concern of yours. Other than that I enjoy and like the car. I don't keep cars for long I probably wont keep this one much longer. If you are looking for a thrill I would go for the V6 this car is a little to heavy for a 4 cylinder non turbo.

Lesson Learned

by Disappointed Acura Newbie from Charlotte, NC | May 4, 2015

2.4L Technology: Thought I had bought higher end value until my wife told me her passenger seat didn't go up & down. Dealer offered to take it back (minus depreciation) in trade for V6 model, which has passenger seat that goes up / down. Why offer what should be a standard on larger engine TLX model but not most popular version? Car has 1950 miles on it and has sat in drive for 5 months. I'd never buy Acura, keep shopping.

2015 Acura TLX Elite Fully loaded

by Fleasy from Mississauga | April 20, 2015

OMG this car is unbelievable , I picked this car up on March 19, 2015 . I love everything about this car it's like Acura build this car just for me. My wife and I love to take drives in the country going up number 10 highway, I put the car in Adaptive Cruise Control and the car takes over. I love the way the car can turn heads, this is the car for me and I love it.

new car

by adrxret from lake worth,Florida | February 20, 2015

Was disappointed I was not informed the car came without a spare tire.I would have purchase the spare tire kit as an extra. When I called the dealer this tire kit was not even in stock.

Beautiful Machine, Subtle sportscar

by Sporty Senior from Chippewa Lake, Ohio | February 9, 2015

I love my new car...all except the lug in the transmission when I first back out of the drive and put the care in gear. The dealership says the company is working on a computer patch to fix it...I realize this is the first year for the car and bugs will need worked out...I just hope it doesn't take too long. Other than that, I love it!

So far, so good, sort of.

by MikeinEDH from California | February 9, 2015

I had been without an Acura for a number of years. When it came time to purchase or lease a new vehicle, I was aware that the TLX was new on the shelf. I wound up with an I4 Tech after driving both the 4 and the 6. I find this car very comfortable and quiet. There's plenty of room for my 6'2" frame. The ELS sound is flat out amazing. The 4 has plenty of power. Mileage, excellent. I'm averaging 26 mpg, mostly city driving. The tech stuff is amazing and works well for the most part. Some of the nannies can be a bit sensitive. My only issue with this car is the 8 speed tranny. When cold, it's rough. It feels like it's slipping until the torque converter locks up. Once up to the normal operating temp, it's better although when coming to a stop and accelerating again, it can hesitate. Excessively, in my opinion. I've been back to the dealership once and will likely go back again to see if Acura has been able to come up with anything new to address this.

Everything I ever wanted.....almost.

by Max from El Paso, Texas | January 31, 2015

Got my 2015 2.4 TLX in September of 2014. Good buying experience. The styling inside and out in top notch. The interior is very quite and wonderfully designed. The value was great too. A comparable German car to the TLX would easily be thousands more. My only complaints is the DSG transmission. At low speeds or in traffic it will fumble around to find the right gear. Also if the car is off you cant listen to the radio. Sort of annoying when waiting for a friend or your kids to get out of school. Other than that I love my TLX.