2006 Acura TSX

2006 Acura TSX

Available in 1 styles:  2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan shown

21 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Most reliable and low maintenence vehicle I've eve

by EL CHULO from Paterson, NJ | August 21, 2013

The car is very stylish and great looking especially the artic blue with dark tinted windows & rear spoiler wing. The TSX has mid-range power and the V-Tech engine was made for high rev shifting so on 3rd gear I can take it up to 90mph before I red line and then shift to fourth gear and take it out to 120mph then shift to fifth gear!!! It's a really fun economical car to drive everyday plus I love that the fuel last me 2 weeks before I need to fill up again. I plan on giving this car to my son in 4yrs so he can enjoy it as well.

Decent

by Mitch from Washington, DC | August 27, 2011

Purchased a 2006 TSX in November 2010 with 26k miles from a lady that babied it. Now, in Aug 2011 it has 39k. Under powered off the line. Nice acceleration between 20-60mph. Great gas mileage on the highway- 33+mpg. Tech package is great with navigation and sound system. Comfortable and sporty ride especially when you use the sport shift mode. Still has original tires at 39k miles and they will probably go another 10-15k. Xenon lights are awesome. Somewhat unhappy with the issues on an Acura at 30-40k miles. Replaced front pads/rotors due to warping ($300). A/C compressor needed evac and recharge ($275). Hopefully it will holdup long term. Just replaced Oxygen sensor at 38k miles. Wow- wasnt expecting for an 02 sensor to go bad. And, its not cheap at $250.

Great Value

by Enjoyer of Fine Vehicles from Pittsburgh | July 12, 2011

I bought this car just a few days ago and love it so far. It has good power when you want it, and it rides very well through the twisties. The suspension is tight, which I like, but I wouldn't suggest this car to the elderly for that reason. It hugs the road as well under fun driving conditions as well as my last car, 2002 Audi A4 Quattro (AWD). I got the car for 16K at 55,000 miles. The man who owned it before me was very letigious in his maintenance history as it was impeccable, servicing the car every few months. Based on reliability ratings by EVERY person and reviewing agency, I expect to put upwards of 100,000 more miles on it. I would recommend this car to any younger person in search of a great looking car that rides great.

Excellent Entry Luxury Vehicle

by Matt from New York | June 21, 2010

I bought this car pre owned from a dealership about 2 months ago and have loved it ever since. So far very reliable and comfortable to drive. If you are looking for an affordable luxury sedan, this is a great choice with solid mpg. If you are looking for a performance vehicle I would suggest to look elsewhere more toward a bmw 3 series our Audi A4 mostly due to the fact that the TSX is not a V6 and is front wheel drive although still has plenty of power and fun to drive. Overall this car is a great pre owned choice and give a great bang for your buck.

Great Car So Far

by Drew from El Paso, TX | January 29, 2010

Purchased a 2006 Acura TSX in October 2009. It has the 5-speed auto transmission but no tech package. College engineering student told me its the best 4 cylinder engine ever designed! I believe him. It's been super reliable and gets 36 mpg on the highway. Now looking for a 2009 model for the wife, although I prefer the styling of the 2004-08 models. Bottom line is you can't be beat it for reliability, safety, features, resale value and owner satisfaction!

Best bang for your buck.

by MadRussian from Rockville, MD | April 29, 2009

I have no clue how to describe this car, other then pure awesome. I know some people are saying that this car drives bumpy, and the suspension is tight, and that there is too much road noise in the cabin. Well hello!! It's a performance car build to take sharp turns at high speeds. The suspension must be hard if you don't want to do flips every time you turn. If you want a smooth ride, get a Grand Marquis. Secondly with the road noise, why do you think the engineers put 8 performance speakers with incredible sound in there for? Just blast your music, and you will never hear anything coming from the road, EVER! Very nice car, and a very high end interior, and a very good looking exterior. Definitely a good buy for under 30k. Also, the i-Vtec engine puts a very big smile on my face every time I floor it. Overall, definitely worth it.

The Best Car I have ever owned!!

by Sold on Acura from Ohio | March 30, 2009

I test drove a lot of cars when I happened upon a Acura dealer, I noticed the TSX and told my husband I wanted to test drive it, we got in the car I drove about a mile and I could not hide my feelings. My husband said you want this car don't you? I said yes. This is a solid car, looks great inside ,and out, goes great in bad weather. No regrets and no problems 3yrs now, My next car will be an Acura!!!

What a great car

by Mike B. from Gaithersburg, MD | July 24, 2007

This car is a left-brain purchase - it comes down to value over the non-grunty I4, the inherent FWD understeer, and a 7 on the NVA score from the East German judge. The engine, in the tradition of Honda four bangers, needs to rev, and it can (there's kind of a kick in the V-Tech settings around 6k rpm that's fun), but mostly the car feels slower than it is. I got the 6-sp, which is a wonderful snick-snick transmission. I mean, this thing is really great. It's one of the best out there. The automatic seemed less suited to a 4 cylinder, but I don't commute in stop'n'go, either. The suspension is pretty well sorted out and the steering is well-weighted. The TSX is one of the last Hondas to have an all around double-wishbone suspension - most use MacPherson struts. The stock tires wear well, but aren't grippy. If you want better performance, a tire upgrade goes a long way for both handling and braking. Also, the road noise suppression could be better, but contrary to an earlier reviewer, I don't have a problem talking on the phone in the car. Quiet in cars seems to be something that only gets solved by throwing money at it, so be aware that there is a trade-off here. I got the navigation system too, and while I like it, it's overpriced at $2k. Maybe in ten years, they'll be standard everywhere, but there is still an early adapter penalty. Not getting lost, however, is worth a lot to me; Apparently it's worth $2k. You might be okay just getting a stand alone unit for $500 if you don't mind the fact that it isn't integrated into the dash. YMMV, on that. Otherwise, the interior is thoughtfully designed. I'm 6'5, which is definitely the maximum. The controls are intuitive. The materials feel much better than most cars under $30k - not too much of the chintzy plastics. Maybe just a step down from the class-leading Audi. On the other hand, you don't have to fear Audi/BMW mechanic bills either. Meanwhile, go ahead and weld the TSX's hood shut if you want to. I like this car a lot, as do many owners (the resale values testify to that too). My wish list would be a turbo, say, the 2.3L from the RDX - that would do a lot of the lack of torque down low, but I suspect it would step on the TL's market. Too bad.

Best overall value - Luxury

by I think I'm turning Japanese from Valencia, CA | June 10, 2007

Standard equipment, reliability, resale value, price, fit/finish are only a few of the virtues of this wonderful car. People will knock the 205 hp, 4 cyl motor, but honestly do you need more? Elegant and more than adequate for the American mainstream looking to get into an Entry level luxury car. No disappointment.

Most reliable and best gas mileage

by Sporty Sedan crazy from California | February 10, 2007

I decided to purchase this Acura when I had to commute to the Bay area. I wanted to purchase a BMW and during this process I found the Acura TSX which for the money and safety and looks the Acura was the smarter choice. The Navigation has been a life saver. The spoiler kit added a very sporty look to the already good looking lines on the Acura.

Featured Services for this Acura TSX