2009 Acura TSX

2009 Acura TSX

Available in 1 styles:  2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan shown

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Been the best car I've had

by Ash16a from Louisville, KY | June 4, 2014

I have had my 2009 Tsx since April of 2008- currently ( June 2014) my car has over 120,000 miles on it. It has been extremely reliable and needed minimal maintenance.Tires, belts, engine, etc have maintained well. Car still looks and runs great. I still run premium gas in it, but do get great gas mileage > 30 mpg typically. I hope this car lasts 200,000 miles! I have had issues with the Acura dealership as far as trusting them, but I would look past this and get another Acura with the exceptional quality and value of the car itself.

Great car but can be expensive to maintain

by yitz from Queens, NY | May 20, 2014

I love my TSX. It's roomy in the front and handles great. It has a lot of good standard features. It has a lot of pizzaz for a 4 cyl. The main problem I have with it are unexpected expenses. I just had to buy a new tire and rim for the second time after hitting a pothole ($1000!). Stupid low profile tires. Unless you live in a place with few potholes, this can be a big problem. Also, it a little plastic piece around the side mirror broke. I figured it would be under $25 to replace. No such luck. They don't sell just that piece. I had to buy a whole new mirror for over $300.

#1G

by nashville honda guy from nashville | August 12, 2012

Good value for the money. 09 TSX with 31k miles - paid 20,500. I would recommend the tech package... I really like it and all the tech features of the car. Gas mileage running 28-30 mpg. Had some window trim issues that Acura fixed under warranty. I did have to have the rotors surfaced on my own.

Good but not great

by tsxy from minneapolis, mn | August 8, 2012

Purchased a certified used tsx with no tech package and manual transmission last year. At the beggining I love this car, but after a few months there a few things I am not pleased about. Good- manual transmission is the best I have ever used. Short shift & clutch is smooth and fun to use. Styling is great, quality is top notch, using blue tooth with my iPhone is amazing. Performance is good and I love the engine note. Traction even in the winter is very good. Bad- ride is very very jittery specially on an uneven highway. Felt every bump and all my passengers gets a head ache. Leather is showing wear & tear, steering is too sensitive and too responsive. I was kinda disappointed because the car is not as balance as I taught. The ride is my biggest issue. I drove other acuras (loaner tl & rdx) and the jittery ride where present on those vehicles also. Thinking of replacing this car after a few years.

Great Car

by Seriously? from Annapolis, MD | May 29, 2012

Great ride - good gas mileage. I love the standard ammenities althought wish I did not get black interior.

LOVE, LOVE, LOBE

by Love my tsx from Omaha, NE | September 8, 2011

I have owned a 2009 TSX w/ tech package for a couple of months. We bought it used and have had absolutely no problems. The 1st week we bought it we took it on an unexpected road trip 12 hours one way! We got great gas mileage and the ride was very smooth. I drive back and forth to work 30 miles, one way, and I love driving it every morning. The bluetooth is great to have when driving. The only frustration I have with the car is the navigation system is not updated. I looked online to update it and the cost is a little high. I have a gps, so to pay for it again, would be silly. Love the back-up camera! I haven't tried the DVD yet. We have a 4 person family, with 2 teenagers and they have plenty of room in the back of the vehicle. My most favorite car that I have ever had!!!

Almost Perfect Car

by Just Purchased from Pittsburgh, PA | August 4, 2011

This car is almost perfect. I am 6'5 and fit just fine in the front seats of of the car. The technology in the the car is amazing, especially for an entry level Acura. If you decide to get the technology package, you will be very pleased with the large screen. The only 2 things that could be done to the car to make it perfect would be a larger standard engine, and the option of all whell drive.

Incredible Value

by cartraider from Dallas, TX | May 11, 2011

I've had an Audi A4 (and loved it), a Saab 9-3 (GM ruined SAAB), Several Fords and a Toyota. After having the TSX for 3 months and putting about 8,000 miles on it I'm sold on Acura, so far. I bought it used with 24K miles. Acura value is miles ahead of other luxury brands. The car has tons of equipment on it, with a well-finished interior. It feels very tight and solid on the road, with a relatively quiet ride. It reminds me of my Audi with a 'drop-forged like a Craftsman wrench' feel. It's not as demanding in terms of maintenance, since it doesn't have a turbo and wasn't made by Volkswagen. If I could complain about this car, I'd say it doesn't accelerate the way I'd like at highway speed. But that hasn't stopped me from getting a speeding ticket, and I've never really felt like there wasn't enough power to move when I need to. The responsiveness at low speed, crisp handling and fuel economy more than make up for mediocre acceleration from 50-80.

Uninspiring

by PDXTSX from Portland OR | April 18, 2011

Good car so far. Needed several TSB repair work done already, including the defective brakes replaced and the roof moulding came off.

Best automaker hands down!

by Atlantan from Atlanta, GA | March 3, 2011

I traded my 2000 Acura RL with 203,000 miles on it (no problems) for my 2009 Acura TSX. The new styling is bold and agressive, much more than others in its class. I opted for the 4cyl with the tech package. The 4cyl gives you plenty of power. I don't know how many of us could actually use a 500 hp engine anyway, especially when most of our day is spent in traffic. The fuel economy is fantastic and the interior quality is impeccable. The tech package is a must have, it does everything just from voice controls and is very easy to learn. You must go for a test drive, you will be SOLD!! I will forever be an Acura man!