2009 Acura TSX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

#1G

by nashville honda guy from nashville | August 12, 2012

Good value for the money. 09 TSX with 31k miles - paid 20,500. I would recommend the tech package... I really like it and all the tech features of the car. Gas mileage running 28-30 mpg. Had some window trim issues that Acura fixed under warranty. I did have to have the rotors surfaced on my own.

Good but not great

by tsxy from minneapolis, mn | August 8, 2012

Purchased a certified used tsx with no tech package and manual transmission last year. At the beggining I love this car, but after a few months there a few things I am not pleased about. Good- manual transmission is the best I have ever used. Short shift & clutch is smooth and fun to use. Styling is great, quality is top notch, using blue tooth with my iPhone is amazing. Performance is good and I love the engine note. Traction even in the winter is very good. Bad- ride is very very jittery specially on an uneven highway. Felt every bump and all my passengers gets a head ache. Leather is showing wear & tear, steering is too sensitive and too responsive. I was kinda disappointed because the car is not as balance as I taught. The ride is my biggest issue. I drove other acuras (loaner tl & rdx) and the jittery ride where present on those vehicles also. Thinking of replacing this car after a few years.

Great Car

by Seriously? from Annapolis, MD | May 29, 2012

Great ride - good gas mileage. I love the standard ammenities althought wish I did not get black interior.

LOVE, LOVE, LOBE

by Love my tsx from Omaha, NE | September 8, 2011

I have owned a 2009 TSX w/ tech package for a couple of months. We bought it used and have had absolutely no problems. The 1st week we bought it we took it on an unexpected road trip 12 hours one way! We got great gas mileage and the ride was very smooth. I drive back and forth to work 30 miles, one way, and I love driving it every morning. The bluetooth is great to have when driving. The only frustration I have with the car is the navigation system is not updated. I looked online to update it and the cost is a little high. I have a gps, so to pay for it again, would be silly. Love the back-up camera! I haven't tried the DVD yet. We have a 4 person family, with 2 teenagers and they have plenty of room in the back of the vehicle. My most favorite car that I have ever had!!!

Almost Perfect Car

by Just Purchased from Pittsburgh, PA | August 4, 2011

This car is almost perfect. I am 6'5 and fit just fine in the front seats of of the car. The technology in the the car is amazing, especially for an entry level Acura. If you decide to get the technology package, you will be very pleased with the large screen. The only 2 things that could be done to the car to make it perfect would be a larger standard engine, and the option of all whell drive.

Incredible Value

by cartraider from Dallas, TX | May 11, 2011

I've had an Audi A4 (and loved it), a Saab 9-3 (GM ruined SAAB), Several Fords and a Toyota. After having the TSX for 3 months and putting about 8,000 miles on it I'm sold on Acura, so far. I bought it used with 24K miles. Acura value is miles ahead of other luxury brands. The car has tons of equipment on it, with a well-finished interior. It feels very tight and solid on the road, with a relatively quiet ride. It reminds me of my Audi with a 'drop-forged like a Craftsman wrench' feel. It's not as demanding in terms of maintenance, since it doesn't have a turbo and wasn't made by Volkswagen. If I could complain about this car, I'd say it doesn't accelerate the way I'd like at highway speed. But that hasn't stopped me from getting a speeding ticket, and I've never really felt like there wasn't enough power to move when I need to. The responsiveness at low speed, crisp handling and fuel economy more than make up for mediocre acceleration from 50-80.

Uninspiring

by PDXTSX from Portland OR | April 18, 2011

Good car so far. Needed several TSB repair work done already, including the defective brakes replaced and the roof moulding came off.

Best automaker hands down!

by Atlantan from Atlanta, GA | March 3, 2011

I traded my 2000 Acura RL with 203,000 miles on it (no problems) for my 2009 Acura TSX. The new styling is bold and agressive, much more than others in its class. I opted for the 4cyl with the tech package. The 4cyl gives you plenty of power. I don't know how many of us could actually use a 500 hp engine anyway, especially when most of our day is spent in traffic. The fuel economy is fantastic and the interior quality is impeccable. The tech package is a must have, it does everything just from voice controls and is very easy to learn. You must go for a test drive, you will be SOLD!! I will forever be an Acura man!

Wow...Seeing is Believing

by Mr. Disappointed from | March 1, 2011

Upon the first look in the internet makes the vehicle look crisp clean, but don't let looks and photoshop pictures fool you. This car was in horrible shape. For a CPO luxury car this is far from luxurious, with dents and scratches on all sides of the vehicle. It was appalling to witness that such a vehicle can pass certified manufacturer review. Even an untrained eye can clearly see that this vehicle failed on appearance itself. Warning to all, go look at the vehicle first before thinking of purchasing any CPO vehicle.

good car so far

by smrtdawg from San Francisco | December 22, 2010

In November 2010 I bought an '09 TSX + Technology. It was purchased in late '08. The technology features in this car are fantastic. You never know how much you will use a luxury item until you have it. I use the heated seats, auto garage door opener, navigation, rearview camera and ipod connect all the time. The car gets good mileage but can move when rushed. It feels light on its feet. The European cars (MB and BMW) feel really heavy by comparison even though the performance numbers are similar. Some issues I have with the car include (1) its a little big for tight spots. (2) the mileage calculator is off by my estimates. (3) storage is not so great. (4) some controls require taking out the manual... OVERALL: great car.