Acura's entry-level TSX sport sedan was redesigned for 2009. Its competitors include the Audi A4, BMW 328i and Lexus IS 250.
New for 2010
There is a new V-6 engine.
The TSX kept its muscular exterior in the 2009 redesign. The wheels are accented by large fender flares, and the front of the car is defined by a grille that features a silver-colored upper bar. The TSX is 185.6 inches long and 72.4 inches wide, making it both longer and wider than its competition. A cross-braced roof improves rigidity, and the TSX has dual-mode dampers that vary their response based on driving conditions.
- Xenon low-beam and halogen high-beam headlights with integrated fog lamps
- Wide trunk opening helps with loading large or awkward objects
- 17-inch silver alloy wheels standard on four-cylinder models
- 18-inch silver alloy wheels standard on V-6 models
The TSX's interior has a high-quality appearance and room for up to five people. Heated leather seats are standard. Additional standard features include a seven-speaker CD stereo with a USB port that allows you to control your MP3 player though the audio system. Bluetooth-based cell phone connectivity is also standard.
- Mobile phones with audio players can sync with TSX's audio system using Bluetooth
- Available navigation system with traffic and weather updates
- Available CD/DVD-Audio disc compatible surround-sound system with 10 speakers
Under the Hood
The new V-6 engine gives the TSX lineup a higher-performance option. Gas mileage with the manual is 20/28 mpg city/highway, while the five-speed automatic achieves an estimated 21/30 mpg. The V-6 is estimated to get 18/27 mpg. The automatic includes shift paddles on the steering wheel that let the driver control gear changes.
- 201-horsepower, 2.4 liter four-cylinder with 170 (automatic) or 172 (manual) pounds-feet of torque
- New 280-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 254 pounds-feet of torque
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows of seats
- Electronic stability system
- Active head restraints for front seats
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Acura TSX
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.