2012 Acura TSX

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

GREAT VALUE

by LTC Z from Atlanta, GA | June 28, 2013

TSX has 4 cyl engine, and even though it uses premium the average MPG in the city is 25.0 and on a recent trip it was 33.0. Car is very solid feeling while driving. It has all the extras as standard. Very satisfied with the car. I question myself why I never tried an ACURA before.

Awesome!

by New England Couple from New England | March 19, 2013

We traded a Volvo S80 for this car. Obviously the S80 was bigger and more powerful. But this car is fun and nimble. It is a beautiful car. We bought a demo and saved a good chunk of change. The thing I like best is the MPG. We are averaging about 30 mpgs. And we also use regular gas. For a 4 cyl car this car has some pickup. The back seat is a little tight, but for the most part it is just me and the wife driving, so occasionally putting someone in the back seat works out fine. We have the technology package and it is very nice. The stereo is awwesome and the GPS is second to none. We love the TSX. It's an awesome car!

Great Quality / Honors Japanese tradition

by BRUNILSON from Miami, FL | November 19, 2012

I purchased 5 months ago the Wagon with Tech package. The car is nimble great in cornering, you do not realize you are driving a wagon. Much better in curves than my coupe and previous sedan. Its performance lacks the torque in low RPMs, but that's not its main goal. Strengths: Interior, confortable, fuel eficiente. Weakness: Performance and its confusing navigation system, without touchscreen feature. I miss my Garmin! Voice recognition is also complicated!

Love my 2012 TSX!

by Luxury Lover from Moore, OK | October 4, 2012

I had a 2010 TSX but it was totaled in a car accident so I purchased a 2012 TSX about a month ago. I love the luxury features that come standard in the base model 4 cylinder TSX. It's gets great gas mileage and picks up speed quickly! The ride is smooth and the backseat is large enough for 2 adults to ride comfortably if necessary. I was deciding between a Lexus IS250 and the TSX and am so pleased that I decided on another Acura.

Worst riding car ever.

by Comfort Queen from Memphis, TN | September 5, 2012

I traded in a 2007 Infiniti G35x for a 2009 TSX. This was the worst mistake ever. I have only owned car 3 weeks and getting ready to trade. I'm hearing all kind of weird noises and the ride is so bumpy. You can feel every bump in the road. It seems like car is coming apart. This is one of the worst riding cars I have ever driven.

decent ride.

by Solana Dave from solana beach ca | September 1, 2012

Like the car for the most part. Moved from a G35 to this so I miss a few comfort features but this is a solid car that performs pretty good for a wagon. Pick up is not as bad as it sounds. It goes just not like a bigger engine hence the better gas milage. I am getting around 25.5 miles/gal on my commute.

Best entry level premium car

by Value Buyer from Chicago | August 31, 2012

We were replacing a 2007 TSX which has been outstanding in terms of reliability, 56k miles and nothing other than oil changes and wipers. We shopped around and checked out the 2012 A4, C Class, 3 Series (the AWD version was not out yet). We fell in love with a special edition TSX we saw on the dealer floor and decided to go back to a TSX. For the price point TSX was the most value, it is only a few grand more than a loaded accord/camry/sonata and around $10k less than the other brands we were shopping for. Maybe with all the loyalty and other discounts Acura was offering TL could have been a good choice as well with just a little hit to MPG, but we went with the special edition TSX. The styling is pretty good and the SE trim adds a very sporty look and the aluminium pedals are cool. Trunk is spacious and no issues in the visibility. The drive and handling is very sporty. Would have loved a little more torque when starting. Highway driving is a little noisy and the base sound system though good enough is not awesome to keep away the noise. The SE does not have an option for navigation or upgraded audio. Steering has a good feel and feedback not too soft or not too BMWish and feels just about right. I get around 28 mpg in mixed (50% highway), 25-26 in suburban (chicago suburbs) and around around 33-34 on highway around 65-70 mph. The seats are very comfortable compared to anything else I have driven. The interior display on the base and SE is a shame. Washes away in sun light and is pretty basic, does not have an option for reverse camera which is being made standard on many cars and CUVs. The audio interface is not that great either, to repeat a track would need three clicks and some turns of the knob. If you go with the navigation system you should not have this issue. The switches and other knobs are all comfortable and conveniently located. The standard features like HIDs, fog lights, heated seats, tilting side view mirror when in reverse, rear a/c vents are awesome and will make it easier when picking trims as you just have to decide if you need an navigation/upgraded audio. If you have $40k to spend then TSX is not the car for you as you would want more luxury and power, but if you are in the $25-30k then this is the best your money can buy. I gave 4 stars for performance and interior (i really think the interior display options could have been better at this price point) but other than that this car is a home run.

TSX Wagon = GREAT Car

by Regular Guy from Port Ochard, WA | August 25, 2012

Better weight distribution than the TSX Sedan, nimble and efficient. Good looking car that keeps its sporty appeal.

Made the most sense

by Practical buyer from Manteca, CA | August 6, 2012

Originally was looking at AWD German and Japanese brands but decided against both for reasons of cost(acquistion & maintenance/repair), MPG or performance. The TSX, even though it is FWD, handles superbly, gets very good MPG (worst tank: 26.5 MPG, best tank: 30 MPG) and was reasonably priced. I also know maintenance costs are decent as my wife has an '06 TSX. The interior quality and design is on par with the German make I was considering. The ride is very smooth for a small car and the 2.4L engine is as smooth and powerful as many V6's. I also considered the fact that HID lighting was standard and was not available on some makes/models, or was part of a $5000 option package. Yes, I spent $5K to $10K more than I needed to but it was/is well worth. If your local Acura dealer was anything like mine, you'll love them just as much as the car

Fit my current needs and looks great

by Woody from Dayton, OH | June 2, 2012

TSX Sports Wagon is a perfect way to downsize and get room for everything you need to carry. It drive like a charm, get great gas mileage, comfortable, and reliable. What more can you ask for.