The Aston Martin DB9 comes in coupe and convertible (Volante) forms and is powered by a 6.0-liter V-12 engine that generates 470 horsepower. Competitors include the Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
A long aluminum hood sits above a familiar Aston Martin grille, and there are side strakes on the front quarter panels. The DB9's rear haunches are wide and curvaceous, and its profile features a prominent trunk. "Swan wing" doors rise at a 12-degree angle for easier access.
- 19-inch wheels
- Aluminum and lightweight composite body panels
- Magnesium steering column and inner doorframe
- Volante's fabric top folds underneath a hard tonneau cover that sits flush with the bodywork
- Sensors can detect a potential rollover and deploy a roll bar (Volante)
- Aston Martin says the windshield pillars can withstand twice the car's body weight
- Front parking sensors; rear sensors are optional
- LEDs in the door handles illuminate for easy location at night
The DB9 offers 2+2 seating that features leather with walnut, mahogany, piano black, Tamo Ash or bamboo trim. A center console constructed from die-cast zinc has a painted silver finish. To start the engine, the driver must press a clear glass button. The tachometer dial runs counterclockwise and has no redline. Instead, a red warning symbol appears at various engine speeds, depending on ambient temperature and engine mileage.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- MP3 jack
- iPod connectivity
- Optional satellite radio
- Standard audio system with 700 watts
- Available Bang & Olufsen stereo
- Multilingual information system includes Russian, Greek and Chinese
Under the Hood
The DB9's 6.0-liter V-12 produces 470 hp and 443 pounds-feet of torque. Aston Martin says the DB9 can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds.
- ZF six-speed automatic transmission with magnesium paddle shifters
- Available six-speed manual gearbox
- Coupe's top speed is 190 mph
- Rear-mounted gearbox helps achieve 50/50 weight distribution
- Full undertray reduces lift and drag
Safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Aston Martin DB9
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.