2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
Starting MSRP $136,700–$150,900
The low-slung two-seat Aston Martin V8 Vantage sports car is powered by a V-8 engine that makes 420 horsepower. It looks much like Aston Martin's larger DB9 and is available as a coupe or convertible. Competitors include the Audi R8 and Porsche 911.
New for 2013
For 2013, the V8 Vantage gains new standard features like rain-sensing windshield wipers, automatic headlights and a backup camera. A sport suspension is a new no-cost option.
Aston Martin also made some changes to the V8 Vantage late in the 2012 model year with the addition of standard navigation, satellite radio, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control and Bluetooth connectivity. The standard six-speed manual transmission carried over, but a new seven-speed automated manual became available. The V8 Vantage also gained quicker steering, bigger brakes and wider tires.
Styling tweaks included a new front splitter, rear diffuser and different side sills.
(Skip to details on the: V8 Vantage S)
The V8 Vantage's frame replaces welding with advanced adhesives for better vibration damping, and aluminum and magnesium components reduce weight throughout the chassis. Exterior features include:
- Twin-bezel headlamps flank Aston Martin's trapezoidal grille
- Flared front fenders are trailed by inset side vents, and all lines flow rearward to the V8 Vantage's twin-bar taillamps
- Integrated deck lid spoiler and twin exhaust pipes
- Convertible has a fabric top that stows beneath a metal tonneau cover
- 19-inch wheels
- Front and rear parking sensors
A dizzying array of interior choices means each V8 Vantage can be personalized by its buyer. Premium materials line the aluminum-trimmed dashboard, which includes a ringed engine-start button above the radio controls. Interior features include:
- 10-way power seats feature twin lumbar adjustment and memory function
- Optional heated front seats
- MP3 jack
- Information screen can display Russian, Chinese and Greek
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Garmin-based navigation system
- Satellite radio
- Analog clock, stitched dashboard seams and machined instrument dials are among the upscale touches
Under the Hood
The 4.7-liter V-8 generates 420 hp. Its aluminum construction uses a dry-sump lubrication system that eliminates the oil pan and allows the engine to sit lower to the ground, thereby lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. Mechanical features include:
- Standard rear-mounted six-speed manual transmission or available seven-speed automated manual with paddle shifters
- Aston Martin claims top speed is 180 mph
Safety features include:
V8 Vantage S
Influenced by Aston Martin's GT4 racecar, the V8 Vantage S is designed to offer greater dynamic capability compared with the regular model. Offered as a coupe or roadster, the car shares its 4.7-liter V-8 with the V8 Vantage, but the engine has been tuned to produce 430 hp and 361 pounds-feet of torque. A seven-speed automated manual transmission, controlled by steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, is the only transmission available. Pushing the standard Sport button quickens gear changes, increases throttle response and opens bypass valves in the exhaust system. Back to top
The V8 Vantage S features different springs and dampers, and it has unique stability system tuning. Exterior cues include a carbon fiber front splitter and wide side sills.
Back to top
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.