The low-slung Aston Martin V8 Vantage sports car is powered by a normally aspirated V-8 that makes 420 horsepower. It looks much like Aston Martin's larger DB9 and is available as a hardtop or convertible. The V8 Vantage competes roughly with the Mercedes CL63 AMG, BMW M6 and Porsche 911 Turbo.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The V8 Vantage's frame replaces welding with advanced adhesives for better vibration damping, and aluminum and magnesium components reduce weight throughout the chassis.
- Twin-bezel headlamps flank Aston Martin's trapezoidal grille
- Flared front fenders are trailed by inset side vents, and all lines flow rearward to the V8 Vantage's twin-bar taillamp
- Integrated deck lid spoiler and twin exhaust pipes
- Convertible has a fabric top that stows beneath a metal tonneau cover
- 19-inch wheels
- Optional chrome grille
- Optional painted brake calipers
A dizzying array of interior choices means each V8 Vantage can be personalized by its buyer. Premium materials line the aluminum-trimmed dashboard, which includes a ringed push-start button above the radio controls.
- 10-way power seats feature twin lumbar adjustment and memory function
- Optional dual-stage heated front seats
- MP3 jack
- Information screen can display Russian, Chinese and Greek
- Optional Bluetooth connectivity
- Optional navigation system
- Optional satellite radio
- Analog clock, stitched dashboard seams and machined instrument dials are among the upscale touches
Under the Hood
The 4.7-liter V-8 generates 420 hp. Its aluminum construction uses a dry-sump lubrication system that eliminates the oil pan and allows the engine to sit lower to the ground, thereby lowering the vehicle's center of gravity.
- Standard rear-mounted six-speed manual transmission or available six-speed automated manual with paddle shifters
- Coupe can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in just 4.7 seconds
- Aston claims top speed is 180 mph
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags are standard; seats incorporate head-protection airbags
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.