2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Starting MSRP $118,650–$142,900
The low-slung two-seat Aston Martin V8 Vantage sports car is powered by a normally aspirated V-8 that makes 420 horsepower. It looks much like Aston Martin's larger DB9 and is available as a hardtop coupe or convertible. Last year, Aston launched N420 versions of the V8 Vantage that featured carbon fiber side strakes, front splitter and diffuser, graphite tailpipe finishers, a sport suspension, unique exhaust system and unique interior trim. The N420 name was inspired by Aston Martin's racing efforts at the Nurburgring. Competitors include the Audi R8 and Porsche 911.
The V12 Vantage is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2012
A high-performance 430-horsepower V8 Vantage S model, available as either a coupe or convertible, debuts for 2012. All Aston Martin V8 Vantages are available with a new Garmin-based navigation system. Brake calipers can be finished in red, gray or yellow.
(Skip to details on the: V8 Vantage S)
The V8 Vantage's frame replaces welding with advanced adhesives for better vibration damping, and aluminum and magnesium components reduce weight throughout the chassis. Exterior features include:
- Twin-bezel headlamps flank Aston Martin's trapezoidal grille
- Flared front fenders are trailed by inset side vents, and all lines flow rearward to the V8 Vantage's twin-bar taillamp
- Integrated deck lid spoiler and twin exhaust pipes
- Convertible has a fabric top that stows beneath a metal tonneau cover
- 19-inch wheels
- Optional chrome grille
- Optional painted brake calipers
A dizzying array of interior choices means each V8 Vantage can be personalized by its buyer. Premium materials line the aluminum-trimmed dashboard, which includes a ringed engine-start button above the radio controls. Interior features include:
- 10-way power seats feature twin lumbar adjustment and memory function
- Optional heated front seats
- MP3 jack
- Information screen can display Russian, Chinese and Greek
- Optional Bluetooth connectivity
- Optional Garmin-based navigation system
- Optional satellite radio
- Analog clock, stitched dashboard seams and machined instrument dials are among the upscale touches
Under the Hood
The 4.7-liter V-8 generates 420 hp. Its aluminum construction uses a dry-sump lubrication system that eliminates the oil pan and allows the engine to sit lower to the ground, thereby lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. Mechanical features include:
- Standard rear-mounted six-speed manual transmission or available six-speed automated manual with paddle shifters
- Coupe can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds
- Aston claims top speed is 180 mph
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags are standard; seats incorporate head-protection airbags
V8 Vantage S
Influenced by Aston Martin's GT4 racecar, the V8 Vantage S is designed to offer greater dynamic capability compared with the regular model. Offered as a coupe or roadster, the car shares its 4.7-liter V-8 with the V8 Vantage, but the engine has been tuned to produce 430 hp and 361 pounds-feet of torque. A new seven-speed automated manual transmission, controlled by steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, is the only transmission available. Pushing the standard Sport button quickens gear changes, increases throttle response and opens bypass valves in the exhaust system.
The V8 Vantage S features new springs and dampers, a quicker steering ratio and larger front brakes. The V8 Vantage S also has unique stability system tuning.
Exterior enhancements include new bumpers, a carbon fiber front splitter and wide side sills. Nineteen-inch wheels are standard. Back to top
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.