1993 Audi 90

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I like this car

by Mo from Lancaster PA | January 3, 2010

I purchased this car four and half years ago from the Audi dealership who sold it new, one owner, dealer maintained, 42,000 original miles, it had all the maintenance records from new, that's what sold me on it, I have 50,000 miles on now, call it my good car, Replaced the timming belt, water pump, etc. that goes with that job, changed transmission fluid, looked like new inside, I have had no trouble at all with this car, but it's garage kept, and as you can tell, very limited use, factory paint that looks great until you leave it in the sun a long time, it will fade if I don't keep a lot of wax on it, I was going to upgrade until I found out it's worth nothing, so, I like it, and decided to keep it, I'm sure if I drove it everyday it would be a different story, that's why I can't recomend it for someone else.

High Maintenance

by Jim from Cincinnati OH | December 25, 2008

Available cars are normally a deal... for a reason. Ignition switch often needs to be replaced, which was a recall on 1994 and 1995, but not on 1993. You have to replace it yourself, or electronic devices will randomly not turn on at start-up (relatively cheap fix at $200). 1993 engine notirius for oil leaks from everywhere, but if you don't mind adding a quart of oil each 1,000 miles, you can delay the eventual need for head gasket and rear main seals to be fixed. I had the valley pan gasket fixed, which stopped 70% of the leaking for about $300. Car alarm won't work, and Audi dealer won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, stating that they would not be able to fix on that model, even if they ordered all new alarm. Audi dealer will not change my automatic transmission fluid and filter at 70,000 miles. They recommend not opening up the transmission as long as it is working. Not a vote of confidence on the transmission. Clunk in front end was fixed by replacing lower tie rod bushings for $300 and now handles nicely. Gas mileage average 18 MPG, but I've got a lead foot, so it could probably get 20-21 MPG. Looks great from 20 feet away, and rides like a tank through snow with front wheel drive. Engine kicks in nicely above 3,0000-4,000 RPM, but no torque at low RPMs. I've put only 3,000 miles on this car since I bought a low mileage 1993 with 70,000 miles, and found all of the above from my experience. If you can keep up the maintenance, the purchase price is normally dirt cheap, but keep in mind the hidden cost is continual maintenance. Soon it will be time for timing belt, water pump.... but this car is cheaper than almost every used car on the market, and cost $26,000 way back in 1993, so it's really a bargain for a relatively nice OLDER car. Looks very good from 20 feet away, but interior definitely retro. Fine for basic transportation, but don't expect the same reliability of more modern cars.

Lemon

by B rock from Whitleand Indiana | April 28, 2007

One thing breaks, it all goes hill after that! Back door went first. It never opens, nor the window doesn't go down. My sunroof gets stuck closed, or stuck open often. My ac went out many miles ago. It's very reliable. My sunvisor holder is shot. My ignition is broken, and has the key stuck in it. Many of the interior lights are burnt out. It starts everytime weather its 100 degrees, or negative 20, it sure wants to go!

Featured Services for this Audi 90