2006 Audi A3

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Audi A3 4dr FWD FrontTrak shown

Overall

first audi purchased

by A3 driver from | November 25, 2012

I really like the 06 Audi A3 I purchased, great car. fast, looks good, tiptronic trans is cool. 2.0 turbo does not use too much gas.

Perfect fit

by Audi happy from Portland, Or | July 23, 2012

Have owned an Audi Quattro and really love the style, the feel, and the overall usability of the A3 Audi

Fast and fun

by Small Car Guy from Jacksonville, Florida | October 21, 2011

I bought my A3 new in 2006 and kept it for 6.5 years, until it started burning oil at 84,000 miles. The A3 was the fastest, best handling car I've ever driven, by far. The paddles and clutchless manual made driving fun. The car inevitably aged, and when that happened, it means $$$ in maintenance costs. The A3 is fun and fast, but ultimately, there are more practical choices.

2006 Audi A3 Sportback (3.2 Quattro)

by A3 Driver from Vancouver, BC | November 29, 2010

This car is great! Performance all around is very impressive. I would definately recommend this model to anyone.

Can this be close to perfect?

by ARIZNMT from Cave Creek, AZ | May 16, 2010

I purchased my A3 turbo from a friend for 20 grand who is a certified exotic car nut. This was his knock around daily driver he bought so not to rack up miles on the Lambo, or his several up end Porsches. I had a Mustang at the the time and he gave this car to me for a weekend. He had installed a super ship and this is now a 5 second car. I've had 2 Audi's in the past, and one was nice. This car immediately had all the stuff that I'd expect from any high end German, I was in awe at how nice this car was. I soon found out it is nearly as useful as a small SUV. Except it is quick, nimble and FUN. It gets 28 mpg no matter what. I've enjoyed flying thru the mountains in Utah at over 110 mph with plenty of throttle headroom to spare and no handling issues. It is composed and relaxed at any speed. The only reason I haven't traded for a Porsche is that this A3 is so darn useful and for practical reasons, a good sports car for the city which can hold 5 people and all the gear. I've taken 3 day driving trips with my GF, a huge dog and all of our stuff, with no fatigue, plenty of room and used the radar detector the entire way! This is a sleeper of a nice car. I considered a Mini, and I'm glad I didn't get one. This is a car I cannot find a reason to part with. It is hard for a car guy to actually not want another car. Weird. However, if I could afford a Panamera, it would be this car all grown up. That would leave me in a real dilemma!

Fun, fun, fun

by scoob from Miami | April 10, 2010

The Audi A3 is much more fun to drive than many performance cars that are more expensive, including the BMW 328. Some people prefer the similar VW GTI because it costs less, but to me, the A3 looks much better and the Audi dealerships give much better service. This is worth the extra cost, especially when you buy a used, certified Audi. The strong points of the A3 are the amazingly responsive DSG double clutch transmission with paddle shifters and the steering. Braking and acceleration are very good, too.

sick little car!

by im outi from coventry,ct | July 6, 2009

i got my 2006 a3 a few months ago with 31000 k on it . im a honda guy originally, but after one test ride it was lust at first drive !! very muscular and a blast to drive . i love the solid integrity of this car !im 6 5' and it fits me like a glove . even with all that raw speed sexiness its also great on gas ! only down side is it is LOUD ! audi says its tires "cupping " this is apparently a common issue w a3's .so i may switch out the tires ,but other than i loves it !

First Audi

by First Time Audi Buyer from East Lansing, MI | October 23, 2008

I've had the A3 ('06 2.0T) for just over four months and have put over 13,000 miles on it so far. I bought it used with about 7k miles on it. My main goal was to purchase a smaller vehicle with good fuel economy . . . but there are few out there with luxury touches. Most small cars are built as entry level vehicles and not for those who prefer a car with higher quality touches - and the A3 has it. I have been getting 30-32 mpg overall on a regular basis. The car handles great and is a blast to drive - the DSG transmission with the paddle-shifters on the steering wheel is neat . . . but honestly I rarely use it. There are so few of them on the road - so I tend to notice people taking a second look at the vehicle. I love the car - at the rate I am putting miles on it . . . I'm afraid I'll only be able to drive it for a few more years . . . but I would buy another one in a heartbeat . . .

Quattro for life

by quattro for life from seattle | February 2, 2008

Awesome car. Highly recommend. Interior is perfect and modern. Exterior a little bland, but I dont need a status symbol to drive around in. Engine is fierce and handling, well, the car sticks to the road like super glue w/ the quattro system. Highly recommend the 3.2 over the 2.0T, i test drove them both. Power band is long and wide with the 3.2L V6. Truly a drivers car, great road feel and an excellent overall driving experience. If you want tons of options for a mid 30 grand price look elsewhere, but if you want an awesome car for around 35 g's look no further, this car for the price is the undisputed champ. Only beef is that I wish it came standard w/ Xenon headlights and heated seats.

Impressive

by Sport Car Enthusiast from Naperville, IL | July 25, 2007

I went to the dealer to test drive other Audi models, after I drove the A3 3.2, I did not want to test drive any other car in the lot. This is a solid agile car. I'm used to drive a mid-engine car and the A3 performs very well in cornering, it's fun to drive. Wondering why there are not so many out there, you get the convenience of a wagon and close to the sportiness of a TT.