2007 Audi A3

2007 Audi A3

Available in 2 styles:  2007 Audi A3 4dr FWD FrontTrak shown

Overall

The car that other brands can only aspire to

by Theophilus from Cincinnati OH | January 26, 2014

I just bought a 2007 A3 with all the extras and it is the best automobile I have ever owned. It has all the best elements of luxury,sportiness, and practicality. The black interior with the brushed aluminum accents is as elegant and understated as a pearl necklace resting in a black velvet box. The car is powerful yet quiet, and has roudy response that is playful and delightful. It is great on mileage and with a U.L.E.V.rating it is a green car as well. It is very comfortable and well designed and it has been made with high end materials with painstaking fit and finish. We just had six inches of snow yesterday and it purred up snow covered mountains passing stalled cars of every make including Lexus, BMW and Mercedes without any hesitation. I have never felt so safe and at ease in any other car in road conditions in my life and I am forty five. With a galvanized body it is a great car for nnorthern climate states. If you see one for sale snatch it up. you will not be sorry.

A3 sport and utility in one package

by soccer dad from Miami Florida | March 16, 2012

Bought my 2007 S-line open sky brand new. Five years later it still feels tight..like new. It is super fun to drive with the dual-clutch transmission (DSG) and turbo engine, razor sharp handling...Fuel efficient is great although it will waist alot more gas in sports mode. Reliability has not been an issue..no worse than my honda civic. Insurance is the icing on the cake as you will pay for a wagon although it is really a sports car. Folding seats provided ample cubic space for loaiding and transporting larger objects. Overall very flexiable car.

2.0T 6 Speed Manual

by Fast A3 from Plano, Tx | August 20, 2011

very quick compact five-door, the S-line body kit realy give it the "Sport" look, the balanced exterior trim makes it stands above the crowd. But the best thing about this car is ripping it through the gears of the six-speed manual box, feeling it hit 5,000-5,500 rpms and really begin to fly. You could easily hit 80 mph in 3rd gear. i'm aveg. 23 MPG in town and 30 MPG Hwy

Audi A3 - the return of the "hot" hatch

by Mister Car Guy from Northern New Jersey | December 9, 2010

I first sat in an Audi A3 at the NY Auto Show in the spring of 2006. I immediately knew that this was the car for me. Kind of love at first sit. I had to wait until spring of 2007 to get mine (money and space to park it around Chez Car Guy). In the past 35,000 miles, it's been a model of reliability and fun. Mine has the peppy 2.0 L turbo matched to a slick-shifting 6 speed. And while I live in snow country, I opted for the FWD model shod with decent all season Pirelli tires. This combination offers less complexity than the Quattro models and is more "tossable in fast corners (stop wagging your fingers - yes - I do engage in anti-social exit/entrance ramp activities!) My car is the "S Line" with better springs, wheels and tires. This option also adds leather and a few other goodies. I also got the dual sunroof and BOSE sound system. It's all good. Despite the knock on the day to day reliability of most German cars (save Porsche), mine has been nearly bullet proof. Unfortunately, not 100% since the car came delivered with a mis-aligned front end which wore out the front tires prematurely. Since putting on new tires and having an independent shop fix the alignment, all is right with the world. Mileage is an amazing 28MPG over the life of the car (I track this religiously - yes, every Sunday) and on occasion - long trips, sensible speeds - have touched 32MPG on a few tanks. I feed it premium fuel as recommended by Audi. I use a good quality synthetic oil (Castrol 5-40 - same as factory fill) and do not have to add any between changes. It isn't especially fast but the engine makes its max torque at a very low 2,000 RPM so it's really flexible in real world driving. I would call it "quick" and that translates to a fun to drive car, at least for me. The trunk, despite the station wagon like shape is only pretty good. The removable hatch cover limits how much junk you can pack back there. With the seats folded (split or both sides down), you can carry a lot more. All in all, my Audi A3 is one hot little hatch, combining safety, quality, reliability, economy and that elusive "fun to drive" quality missing from so many of today's cars.

most beautiful car

by jtm from NJ | November 9, 2010

I have the 3.2 with 4 wheel drive and panoramic roof- the car looks good from any angle -simple lines but aggressive looking. the interior is very sporty and surfaces are well made.

A Total Gem

by Angelino Driver from Los Angeles, CA | February 24, 2010

I've driven a lot of cars. We had a Mercedes E63 in my home which I'd sometimes drive. I've routinely driven the BMW 3-series (both the last model and the current model), as well as many other cars. I bought my A3 Premium Package with the DSG and Open Sky in 2007. This car is just perfect. This is the best car I've owned, and I can't get over the value.

The best car I've ever owned!

by Busy Mom from Houston, Texas | February 2, 2008

I have the 3.2 S Line and I love it! It was a huge decision to downsize from my Ford Expedition to the Audi A3 - especially with 3 kids to consider. I'm 5'7" and my eldest 2 are both taller than me. We live 25 miles from school and this car gets us there and back comfortably. The trunk easily copes with 3 large backpacks, musical instruments and sports gear - and there's still room to spare. I work at a luxury car dealership (not Audi) and it's always such a relief to get back into my own car. It handles beautifully, has enough acceleration to zip in and out of traffic, and is absolutely solid. I hope I'm always fortunate enough to own a car I love this much.

Most fun I've had driving

by Mid-life Driver from Charlottesville, VA | November 16, 2007

I immediately liked the styling of both the exterior and interior of the A3. Once I took it for a test drive I was hooked! The acceleration and handeling are superb.

PERFECT car (for me that is)!

by A3 lover from Pittsburgh, PA | September 4, 2007

My hope is that this review helps those women who are petite (under 5'3") and feel overwhelmed by most luxury cars. I live in the city ( a very hilly one) and was tired of driving my Land Rover Disco, stressing about parking and paying for gas, and wanted to downsize (really downsize) and find something unique. So after a lot of looking and research, I went with the 2007 A3 3.2 S line. I needed a car with decent cargo space, good pick up and reliable handling in the snow and adverse weather. I looked at a lot of sedans and other hatchbacks like the GTI but wanted something a little more luxurious with the "bells and whistles" and one that I felt I could "fit" in where pedals did not seem so far away and the tilting steering wheel actually tilts to below your eye level (I'm 5'0"). If you are willing to pay for the bells and whistles, this car is it. It is really reliable in the snow (the only car in the last snowstorm that I was in this year which didn't slide on the highway and makes it up hills effortlessly in several inches of snow) and I've had it for a year with no issues. It's a joy to drive and I can pretty much leave cars behind at the stop light if I wanted to. I can also park it just about anywhere (some pretty tight spots). The bi-xenon headlights for some might seem frivolous, however, since my night vision isn't too good, they make a HUGE difference in visibility for me also given my height, since they adjust to the topography of the road on which you are driving. The only negatives I see are the price and mileage since I'm mostly a city driver (about 20-24mpg) When I've taken the longer drives though I can get about 30 mpg which is commendable for a car which is considered a sports car by some. As a comparison, I just had a pick up at the airport in a BMW 750il, and I felt like I was a 3 year old in that car.

Nice package

by Knarzian from TX | July 19, 2007

A wagon that's really fun to drive yet gets good mileage. The interior is nice, but could be improved. The hand brake is poorly located.