2008 Audi A3

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Audi A3 4dr FWD FrontTrak shown

Overall

Audi

by Audi for live from | September 4, 2012

I have my audi a3 Sportpack for over 4 years, i never had any problem with it. i always have fun to leave most sport cars behind me. the quality is fabulous. gas milage is good. you get what you pay for.

I Love My Audi A3 S Line

by Lucy Car Lover from | April 17, 2012

The Audi is amazing. It has great power and is sturdy. The exterior and interior are pleasing to the eye. I love it. I am a happy camper or shall I say Audi worshipper!

So far so good

by Chicago daily driver from Chicago burbs, IL | December 12, 2011

I've owned the A3 quattro s-line for about 3 months. Bought it used, though with low miles and all the bells and whistles. Love the 3.2 V6 with quattro, it has great pick-up for a grocery-getter. I get good MPG (22 highway, with a lead foot). Huge fan of the open sky sunroof and the paddle-shifters. Only 4 stars for comfort and reliability, since I'm a big guy(6'2" and 190lbs) and I've only had the car a short time.

A Joke

by Joke from | October 9, 2009

It is just a joke. It was bought as a secord car for taking kids to school. Car broken down in the first month. Returned already. No more Audi.

Great

by CS09 from | January 11, 2009

I love my A3. The manual transmission is great. It is silky smooth and is great in every gear. The car is nice and quiet until you push the pedal to the floor. It is a great daily driver and can perform when you need it to. The only thing is if you get nicer tires and drive aggresivly they will go fast. The interior is designed great, and the sport seats are amazing. I recommend the s-line and titanium packages. The body kit and rims that you get make the car look amazingly better. The open roof is also great. It is simply a fun car to drive.

Love It

by Just an ordinary guy from Ottawa, Ontario | June 12, 2008

Simply fantastic. Used to have a Mazda 3 which was a great car but there's really no comparison. Exterior styling is gorgeous. Interior is plush and the leather seats are amazingly flexible and comfortable. Maybe a bit short on leg room in the back if you're behind someone tall like me but what do you expect in a compact? Definitely love the open sky system - it makes the interior feel so wide open. As for the rest of the interor it's everything Audi has a reputation for with obvious quality and style. Handles like a dream with a beautiful combination of power, control and comfort for a car in its class. The upgraded sound system is pure auditory pleasure. Minor complaints - don't get the ipod interface as the controls it offers makes it very frustrating to access anything on the ipod. I've had it 5 months now and absolutely no reliability issues. Generally good on gas but there's a big difference between driving gently and agressively. Overall I'd highly recommend this car even if it is a bit pricey.

Does Everything I Want it to

by TBurg from TBurg NY | April 30, 2008

The A3 is as good as Audi advertises it to be. It's a first rate sports car, with a spirited engine (2L turbo) a smooth six-speed trans, nice styling, and a lot of fun to drive. It does everything it's supposed to do well.

Massive upgrade from VW Passat

by Cowdogcam from Burlington, VT | April 25, 2008

This is the last car I plan to own. I keep telling my wife I'll just keep driving it until we can't find parts. This is an upscale, sporty, and practical vehicle that is far more car than I thought I was buying. The engine is strong and silent. My only negative is that there is a bit more road noise than in a comparable BMW or Lexus. I'm told it is the fault of the standard Perelli P6 tires so I'm anxious to see what a quieter set of tires sound like on my A3.

Quattro is the Champ!

by Quattro from Seattle, WA | February 2, 2008

I have the A3 3.2L v6 w/ Quattro. I highly recommend this vehicle. Great standard options, though i wish it included xenons and heated seats as standard. Driving experience is unmatched at the price point. Great road feel, engine is fierce and when matched with the Quattro = silky smooth takeoffs and sticks to the road like glue. Interior is clean and modern, standard stereo (bose upgrade) sounds awesome. Truly a drivers car, but still retains alot of utility due to the hatch. I love this car. If you want a squishy ride w/ lots of options that you will never use go get a lex. If you love to drive get this car.

As fun as my TT, but much more useful

by Drives a lot from New York Metro | November 18, 2007

I regretted selling the 250HP AWD TT, but my kids no longer fit into the rear "seats", and I needed a reliable car for a long commute. Thinking I'd return to an A6, I went to the dealership knowing I would find a comfortable, if not an inspiring, ride. When I saw the A3 squatting there, I had to take it for a spin. I had driven hatchbacks in the early 80's on a strictly utilitarian basis (they frown when you put your dog in a trunk)! Finding one that handles as well as the TT, has all the features - Bluetooth, Xenon lights which steer like the Edsel's, and the Dual Sky top which eliminates claustaphobia - how cool is that? The DSG is a great transmission, though why anyone would bother to shift it manually is beyond me. Sports mode is embarrassing, people assume you forgot to shift. That's the worst thing I could say about the car -- although a bigger gas tank wouldn't hurt. Oh yeah, so far two cute girls have told me it's sexy. I know they're not talking about the driver, but it's still fun to hear.

Featured Services for this Audi A3