The Audi A3 is a premium hatchback that competes with models like the Saab 9-3 SportCombi and Volvo V50. Front- and all-wheel-drive versions of the five-seat A3 are available in the 2.0 trim level. The 3.2 trim level is only available with all-wheel drive.
New for 2009
The 2.0T S tronic (automatic transmission) trim is now available with Quattro all-wheel drive, the interior and exterior are freshened with new wheels, and many luxury options are now standard.
The A3's single-frame tapered grille dominates the front end. The A3's profile gets flatter toward the rear, like a coupe. Round wheel arches enhance the A3's stance. The A3 measures 168.7 inches long, 69.5 inches wide and 56 inches tall. Alongside its competitors from Saab and Volvo, the A3 has the shortest overall length and height, and its width is comparable.
- New design for standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Dual exhaust outlets and wraparound taillights
- Standard bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lamps standard on 3.2 trim level
A low seat position couples with a tall, wide center console. The steering wheel is wrapped in leather on all models. Round air vents have aluminum surrounds, and there's aluminum trim on the door and glove box handles. Wide-opening rear doors are intended to ease entry and exit. The Open Sky two-section glass sunroof (standard on the 3.2) includes separate blinds to keep the interior from overheating and to guard against the sun's glare.
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Titanium Package includes a black headliner and shiny piano-black accents
- Sirius Satellite Radio standard on all models
- Standard leather seating surfaces in all models
- Standard auxiliary audio input
- Wood trim option has been discontinued
- iPod adapter dropped in favor of standard auxiliary port in stereo
Under the Hood
Audi's turbocharged 2.0T four-cylinder produces 200 horsepower and 207 pounds-feet of torque. The 3.2-liter V-6 generates 250 hp and 236 pounds-feet of torque. Four-cylinder (2.0T) models can have a six-speed manual gearbox or the S tronic automatic with a manual-shift mode, which is standard with the V-6. 2.0T A3s can have front- or all-wheel drive, while 3.2 models get Quattro all-wheel drive standard.
- MacPherson strut suspension in front
- Four-link independent suspension in rear
- Electromechanical steering offers speed-dependent power assistance
- Standard hill-hold assist helps control vehicle on steep grades (now standard on 2.0T models with manual transmission)
- Sport package and Audi magnetic ride are new options
Rear side-impact airbags are optional. Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Audi A3.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range