2011 Audi A3

Available in 3 styles:  2011 Audi A3 4dr AWD quattro shown

Overall

Would recommend.

by AudiA3TDI from Trumbull, CT | September 21, 2013

Thanks Gus & Kevin. Good experience with Champagne Motors. Good transaction, they topped the fuel tank & changed the oil too.

Do your research on fuel injectors disintegrating

by swanpoint from Chantilly, VA | May 8, 2013

The fuel injectors on these vehicles are extremely intolerant of variations in the quality of diesel fuel. My A3 fuel injector disintegrated and destroyed the turbo and the engine. Audi of America told me what the dealer told me "you put bad fuel" in the car. I put standard diesel.

Got my sporty back

by favoritejin from San Francisco Bay Area | June 21, 2012

Been a big BMW fan. Went from M3 to 550i. I loved my M3. It was the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. If it wasn't for the stupid rain, I would still have that car. The 550 didn't compare. Granted, the 550 was big, luxurious, and fast (had the sport package), and handled very well. But I just couldn't get over the fact that the 550 was still kind of sluggish compared to the M3. And what gas guzzlers these BMW's are. I was lucky to average 20 mpg on the freeway. And filling up the 18 gallon tank easily cost me $75 per tank. I test drove a 2012 A3 with the sport package and 18" wheels and loved it. I pretty much had the M3 feel back, but so much smoother and quieter, which seems to become more important with age. So I went searching, cause I don't believe in buying new cars. Found a very low mileage 2011 A3, premium plus and the all important and rare Titanium Sport package. Wow, the rare 18" monza wheels are nice, the car grips like crazy, the paddle shifters give you instant passing ability, alcantara leather seats don't get as hot, and the black roof liner gives it a custom touch. It's quiet when you want it to be, yet very powerful and just throaty enough when you step on it. It does have a little bit of turbo lag, but nothing that you can't get used to. And being able to fill up for $40 and go further, yes, well worth it. So enough of the pros, now for the cons (cause nothing is "perfect"). -at night, with headlights on, even stopped, when you open the driver door, the car beeps at you constantly and there is no way to turn it off, annoying -the HID headlight casing reflects a yellowish tint -lower gears shift too early, causing slow starts -car features are not as adjustable as BMW's -empty buttons below the radio are unsightly So the cons are mostly superficial things. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I've gotten a lot of looks in the A3, and I just love driving it. Decision well made.

Sensational mileage, neat car!

by northerner from New England | December 19, 2011

After doing a lot of research, I decided to trade my old Audi A4 for a new Diesel Audi A3 TDI. I love everything about it (except the navigation system). I am getting 40 MPG in city/highway combination and if the car does not have the punch of the Audi A4, it still has a powerful acceleration and super stability. The disappointment comes from the Navigation/music system which takes a bit of learning...However, once this is done I expect everything will be perfect. I love the fact that I only have to fill the tank about every 500 miles or so. I found the price tag very high, however. Because it was the only model in New England with the specifications I needed for the kind of commute I do, there was very little room for negociation.

2011 A3 Premium S-Line TDI is a Joy Ride!!!

by tomcio78pol from Des Plaines, IL | November 2, 2011

Bought this vehicle in June and enjoy everyday ride! Stylish w/ excellent performance, outrages gas mileage (City 31/ Hwy 42) AVG 35MPG! Not as noisy TDI as I thought. Good interior/exterior design/quality of workmanship. Decent acceleration & excellent handling. Very stable/firm chassis. Huge cargo. Poor front visibility plus not enough leg room for taller drivers. Hard to get in/out for taller/older people. Despite cons, I really love this vehicle. PROS: Gas mileage/Handling/Reliable/Storage CONS: Price/Front Visibility/Compact vehicle

Excellent driving machine

by Fuel economist from Durham, NC | September 19, 2011

I have spent about six weeks to search and found only 250 cars in entire nation of what I wanted to buy and only one that I wanted to own! It was a great experience talking to all the great salesmen across the nation from New York to California and Washington to Florida!! Interestingly I found the car close to my home in Cary, North Carolina! I enjoy every moment of my association with my Audi A3 TDI!

Luxury with fuel economy

by Ex BMW Addict from Dallas, TX | April 13, 2011

Having driven BMWs for the last twelve years, one an X5 with the sport package and a 335i, both with BMW thirsty engines, it is a wonder to fill-up this beautiful little diesel with fuel on a monthly schedule rather than every ten days. Last September, everyone was lulled into a false sense of comfort with fuel prices but the per gallon price was bound to hike again and it has. My A3 TDI has the Premium Package and it is a pleasure to drive. No cranky warning lights to deal with either since my September purchase.

Frugal and sporty hauler

by Audi convertee from Charlottesville, VA | March 30, 2011

I put 2k miles shockingly fast on my new 2011 A3 TDI Premium Plus with the Sport Package. I made up a plethora of excuses to run errands just because the A3 is such blast to drive. I appreciate the car's grippy handling and precise control. Don't be put off by the 140 hp - 236 ftlb of torque really gets the car moving after stopping at a traffic light, and it's all too easy to squeal the front tires. The Audi's luxury feel makes it a clear step above it's VW cousins. And seeing the Audi in a parking lot near a Jetta Sportwagen constantly reminds me that the Audi's price premium is well worth it. The Audi has such a distinctive presence compared to its rivals. I've been getting consistently around 40 mpg mixed when paying reasonable attention to the instant fuel consumption gauge. It becomes a fun game trying to increase the average consumption. But, admittedly, its more fun to power through the corners and dash around town while not worrying about how much diesel is running through the engine. The TDI offers a great mixture of utility, luxury, and spirited performance, while not guzzling eye-popping amounts of fuel. Yeah, it's a pricey little toy, but man it's always exciting getting behind the wheel and zooming down the road.

pretty nice car

by mbs model from foley, ala | March 10, 2011

it was a smooth riding car but needs more features and a less price. i would have liked for it to be more entertaining

20011 A3 TDI

by Roger from Fort Mitchell,Ky | November 18, 2010

Just under 2900 miles. This car has sport suspension , seats and tires. Handles very nicely the ride firm but not jolting. TDI torque a real pleasure but still breaking in. Best mileage close to 40 and suprisingly higher speeds seemed to deliver better mileage. The GPS is not intuitive and I prefer at this time my old Garmin. Bluetooth and sirius are GREAT on a road trip.No problems with car as yet.