The Audi A3 is a premium hatchback that competes with models like the Volvo V50. Front- and all-wheel-drive versions of the five-seat A3 are available in the 2.0T (gas) trim level. A diesel model comes only with front-wheel drive.
New for 2011
There are no significant changes for 2011.
The A3's single-frame tapered grille dominates the front end. The A3's profile gets flatter toward the rear, like a coupe. Round wheel arches enhance the A3's stance. Exterior features include:
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Dual exhaust outlets and wraparound taillights
- Optional bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lamps
- New chrome accents
- Two new wheel designs are available
A low seating position couples with a tall, wide center console. The steering wheel is wrapped in leather on all models. Round air vents have aluminum surrounds, and there's aluminum trim on the door and glove box handles. Wide-opening rear doors are intended to ease entry and exit. The available Open Sky two-section glass sunroof includes separate blinds to keep the interior from overheating and guard against the sun's glare. Interior features include:
- New chrome accents
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Optional black headliner and shiny piano-black accents
- Sirius Satellite Radio standard
- Standard leather seating surfaces
- Standard auxiliary audio input
- Wood trim optional
Under the Hood
Audi's turbocharged 2.0T gas four-cylinder produces 200 horsepower and 207 pounds-feet of torque. Gas models can have a six-speed manual gearbox or the S tronic automatic with a manual-shift mode and front- or all-wheel drive. The diesel A3 TDI has 140 hp and 236 pounds-feet of torque and comes only with the S tronic automatic and front-wheel drive.
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Four-link independent rear suspension
- Electromechanical steering offers speed-dependent power assistance
- Standard hill-hold assist helps control vehicle on steep grades
- Audi magnetic ride suspension optional
Rear side-impact airbags are optional. Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Audi A3.
Asking Price Range