2002 Audi A4

2002 Audi A4
Available in 6 styles:  2002 Audi A4 4dr AWD Quattro Sedan shown

Overall

Good car if you can keep up with the maintenance

by BaldyA4 from Raleigh, NC | September 16, 2014

This little car has the ability to carve up the twisty roads with ease. Especially the Sport Package. Rides and handles great with a smooth shifting 5 speed manual. However, with age this car will require more care than an equivalent Japanese brand. Parts and labor can get very expensive if you don't have basic mechanical skills. It is actually not a difficult car to repair when it comes to the common faults seen on this model. The net has a vast amount of information when referencing the, "Boy Racer" websites devoted to these cars. Parts are not unreasonable when ordered from the various websites that seem to carry more and more aftermarket supplies.

Best car ever

by Blue Dream from Denver, CO | March 30, 2014

I love my 5 speed A4 Wagon. I am coming up on 200k miles and have never had one thing go wrong with it. I do keep great care of the car with regular maintenance, but other than that not one problem, This has been the most solid mountain wagon ever. I have friends with BMW and Mercedes, which have both cost them an arm and a leg in constant repairs. Meanwhile my blue champ just keeps ripping me up to the slope without incident.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

My First Car

by happy kid from Miami, FL | June 22, 2013

My mom bought me this car as my first. It is amazing as far as i can say. It's dependable and makes everything so comfortable to do. it's a fun ride to school and to work. i love this car

Most exciting and reliable car ive ever owned

by Chris from Poughkeepsie,ny | August 26, 2012

This car is alot of fun. I love waking up to go to work. Sometimes i take the longer way just so i have a little extra drivin time. Hhahahaha

A great drive

by Drive Happy from Louisville, KY | March 6, 2012

The car is very solid for its age. Fun to drive and a little different than the majority of others in its class.

Get 1

by Audi4Life from Minneapolis, MN | January 28, 2012

Well, I have a 2002 A4 3.0L Quattro-with Premium Sports Package. What an amazing ride! Get one if you can find one. Haven't seen too many of them. More 'base models' around versus the Premium Sports. Anyway, this is a sweet ride. Quattro is extremely prepared to handle all different kinds of road conditions. It will never embarrass you when you have a passenger(s), let alone when you're by yourself. Paddle shifters are fun when you want to exert manual control over the transmission. I drive mostly on Sports mode or ShiftTronic and is so much fun! Please be careful and don't be reckless! You will most certainly be easily tempted to speed! Exterior is handsome. I think the B6 model of the A4 and even S4 looks better than all its predecessors. In other words, don't be surprised when you receive a lot of compliments! You may experience some mechanical problems here and there, but they are usually very solvable. Try and purchase an extended warranty if you get an older version and so forth either way. FINALLLY, enjoy your commutes! Try and learn how all the features in your vehicle work in a very harmonious manner, and enjoy the experience!

Excellent Car

by Car Guru from Annapolis, MD | April 3, 2011

I owned a used 2002 Audi A4 1.8t and it was the absolute best car I've ever owned. It was quick, very reliable, and the only thing I had to replace other than general wear and tear items (tires, belt, etc) were 2 coil packs, which they themselves are cheap and even the most car-incapable can replace themselves in 2 minutes. The manual transmission is buttery smooth, the interior holds up its own even with 120k+ miles on it. It's all around structurally sound and will protect you better than most cars in an accident. I walked away from an accident I surely should have been in a hospital because of. All in all it was the best car I've ever owned and I miss it, and if you get your hands on one you'll feel the same. Be aware of those that haven't been well maintained by past owners -- those are the ones that will give you problems. But generally keeping up on oil changes and watching fluids these will be great cars.

Expect to keep your credit card on hand.

by h8taudi from Southern California | November 3, 2010

I bought my 2002 A4 Quattro 1.8T used from a local dealership. From the start it was amazing! Quick, pretty, hugs corners, and just fun to drive. Then the darn thing started falling apart. In the last 2.5 years, I've had to replace the coilpacks 3 times, new tires, 2 timing belts (2 within 30K miles, really?), brakes, indicator lights, 2 power window regulators, coolant reservoir, and a few less daunting things. My wife basically wants me to drive the car off a cliff. I think I've paid, in repairs, close to what I originally paid for the car. Basically, I'm never going to buy an Audi for the rest of my life, I cannot understand how often the thing needs repairs.

Audi A4 3.0 Avant Wagon

by Audi Lover from Greenville, SC | July 1, 2010

I bought a used 2002 Audi A4 Quattro Avant Wagon with the 3.0L V-6 engine in the Spring of 2010. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. It handles like a sport sedan, but has the cargo space of a mid-size van. It's very comfortable, drives smoothly on the highways, but handles really well around town and in the mountains as well. The styling -- both interior and exterior -- is impeccable. These can be had for less than a Volvo wagon but handle better and, to my taste, are much more stylish. Give one a try. You won't be sorry.

Best A4 Yet

by LongTimeAudiDriver from Colorado | June 19, 2010

The 2nd generation A4 Audi came out with is a vast improvement from the first. I also have the 2008 A4 2.0 and I have to admit that I enjoy the free spirited design of the 2002. This was before Audi started to outsource many features. I may just keep my 2002 longer than my '08 just simply for the uniqueness and that fact that this body style only was made for 3 years.

Featured Services for this Audi A4