2002 Infiniti G20

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best car ever

by Blue Dream from Denver, CO | March 30, 2014

I love my 5 speed A4 Wagon. I am coming up on 200k miles and have never had one thing go wrong with it. I do keep great care of the car with regular maintenance, but other than that not one problem, This has been the most solid mountain wagon ever. I have friends with BMW and Mercedes, which have both cost them an arm and a leg in constant repairs. Meanwhile my blue champ just keeps ripping me up to the slope without incident.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

My First Car

by happy kid from Miami, FL | June 22, 2013

My mom bought me this car as my first. It is amazing as far as i can say. It's dependable and makes everything so comfortable to do. it's a fun ride to school and to work. i love this car

Most exciting and reliable car ive ever owned

by Chris from Poughkeepsie,ny | August 26, 2012

This car is alot of fun. I love waking up to go to work. Sometimes i take the longer way just so i have a little extra drivin time. Hhahahaha

A great drive

by Drive Happy from Louisville, KY | March 6, 2012

The car is very solid for its age. Fun to drive and a little different than the majority of others in its class.

Get 1

by Audi4Life from Minneapolis, MN | January 28, 2012

Well, I have a 2002 A4 3.0L Quattro-with Premium Sports Package. What an amazing ride! Get one if you can find one. Haven't seen too many of them. More 'base models' around versus the Premium Sports. Anyway, this is a sweet ride. Quattro is extremely prepared to handle all different kinds of road conditions. It will never embarrass you when you have a passenger(s), let alone when you're by yourself. Paddle shifters are fun when you want to exert manual control over the transmission. I drive mostly on Sports mode or ShiftTronic and is so much fun! Please be careful and don't be reckless! You will most certainly be easily tempted to speed! Exterior is handsome. I think the B6 model of the A4 and even S4 looks better than all its predecessors. In other words, don't be surprised when you receive a lot of compliments! You may experience some mechanical problems here and there, but they are usually very solvable. Try and purchase an extended warranty if you get an older version and so forth either way. FINALLLY, enjoy your commutes! Try and learn how all the features in your vehicle work in a very harmonious manner, and enjoy the experience!

Excellent Car

by Car Guru from Annapolis, MD | April 3, 2011

I owned a used 2002 Audi A4 1.8t and it was the absolute best car I've ever owned. It was quick, very reliable, and the only thing I had to replace other than general wear and tear items (tires, belt, etc) were 2 coil packs, which they themselves are cheap and even the most car-incapable can replace themselves in 2 minutes. The manual transmission is buttery smooth, the interior holds up its own even with 120k+ miles on it. It's all around structurally sound and will protect you better than most cars in an accident. I walked away from an accident I surely should have been in a hospital because of. All in all it was the best car I've ever owned and I miss it, and if you get your hands on one you'll feel the same. Be aware of those that haven't been well maintained by past owners -- those are the ones that will give you problems. But generally keeping up on oil changes and watching fluids these will be great cars.

Expect to keep your credit card on hand.

by h8taudi from Southern California | November 3, 2010

I bought my 2002 A4 Quattro 1.8T used from a local dealership. From the start it was amazing! Quick, pretty, hugs corners, and just fun to drive. Then the darn thing started falling apart. In the last 2.5 years, I've had to replace the coilpacks 3 times, new tires, 2 timing belts (2 within 30K miles, really?), brakes, indicator lights, 2 power window regulators, coolant reservoir, and a few less daunting things. My wife basically wants me to drive the car off a cliff. I think I've paid, in repairs, close to what I originally paid for the car. Basically, I'm never going to buy an Audi for the rest of my life, I cannot understand how often the thing needs repairs.

Audi A4 3.0 Avant Wagon

by Audi Lover from Greenville, SC | July 1, 2010

I bought a used 2002 Audi A4 Quattro Avant Wagon with the 3.0L V-6 engine in the Spring of 2010. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. It handles like a sport sedan, but has the cargo space of a mid-size van. It's very comfortable, drives smoothly on the highways, but handles really well around town and in the mountains as well. The styling -- both interior and exterior -- is impeccable. These can be had for less than a Volvo wagon but handle better and, to my taste, are much more stylish. Give one a try. You won't be sorry.

Best A4 Yet

by LongTimeAudiDriver from Colorado | June 19, 2010

The 2nd generation A4 Audi came out with is a vast improvement from the first. I also have the 2008 A4 2.0 and I have to admit that I enjoy the free spirited design of the 2002. This was before Audi started to outsource many features. I may just keep my 2002 longer than my '08 just simply for the uniqueness and that fact that this body style only was made for 3 years.

Has served me well BUT

by A4inVA from Arlington, VA | June 15, 2010

I bought my '02 A4 3.0 6-speed (with sport package) lightly used in '02 as Audi-Certified from a dealer. At the time, Certified meant that Audi extended basically ALL maintenance (other than tires, but covering things like washer blades, fluid changes, and anything else which went wrong) for like 5 yrs past originally warranty. This was key, as in the first 4-5 years I had a huge amount of things go wrong on this car, not limited to: -ignition coils -cat converters (twice?) -horn (twice) -HID headlamp -numerous failures of turn-signal bulbs -driver-seat bolster -radio display -badly chipped paint/surface on window switches I wasn't racking up a ton of miles or abusing the car, so...really, these are not the kinds of repairs which should occur on a car in its first few years of life, are they? Granted I didn't pay a dime because of the Certified status, but it was a lot of hassle and wasted time I'd rather not go through again. I'm convinced some of the issues were caused by my dealer's mechanics, others caused by inferior parts suppliers Audi chose to use. And others were perhaps due to jitters of being the first year of a completely new model. Once the car came out of warranty, it's been relatively trouble-free, though the ignition coil issue has haunted me every few years. Audis and VWs of the 90s wer known for this issue, and various TSBs have been issued, I've even gotten a check from AoA which covered part of the cost of my last post-warranty repair. At 7 years I had front control arms replaced - complex suspension means $2,500+ repair if dealer does it. I'm at around 75K miles and 8.5 years now, have had brakes done twice, and apparently need a belt tensioning thing done that'll cost a lot. I plan to move on from this ride soon. Sure, I'll look at Audi again. Provided I get all-inclusive warranty service! As for the positives - I still enjoy the handling of this car, though it could use a little more power (and I mean more than the 5hp I gained by having the ECU flashed). Still, it's got enough oomph to keep up with most any traffic you'll find. This isn't an M3: look elsewhere if you face a lot of stop-light battles. But once it gets going, the V6 is a pretty sweet engine which, combined with the taught suspension and excellent interior feel and HVAC & audio systems, makes for a perfect highway ride and a fun carver in the twisties. As for longevity of fit & finish - Audi's paintjob was top-notch, other than the dings and chips that I've accumulated over the years, no complaints. Inside, it's still looking great and the features all work well. Trouble spots on any Audi from this era include faded displays on radio/onboard-computer, paint flaking from the matte black switches and buttons, and accumulated grime that's hard to get off some of the nonleather, light-colored rubber or plastic bits. My sunroof, like many, has also been acting funny and sometimes not obeying commands of its multifunction dial. Thankfully, it doesn't open on its own (yet)! Also, Audi sourced poorly a plastic "carrier" bit in the window regulator, which can result in a window inching down by itself and unable to wind up. The quick fix can be a 4-cent cotter pin and a few hours messing around in your garage, or it can be a $600 new window regulator installation from your local dealer... I'd conditionally recommend this car to buyers who want sporting luxury, with the caveat that they need to have a good local mechanic, if not some DIY skills of their own, because things WILL break on you. That timing belt change at 100K or so is gonna cost ya!

Featured Services for this Infiniti G20