2004 Audi A4

Available in 15 styles:  A4 Sedan shown

Overall

Easiest purchase ever!

by best car from scottsdale, az | October 12, 2013

No hassel, easy to buy and fast service! Love selecting auto on line with easy access to car fax and car details.

Best convertible I've owned

by Audi Guy from Cincinnati, OH | September 1, 2012

Just bought this car in July 2012 from an Audi Dealer (1 owner) and so far so good. I did quite a bit of research on the A4 and found that this model had issues with the auto tranmission torque converters and was able to get the dealer to discount the price enough to cover the possible replacement. Only problem I have had so far was a flat tire and discovered that you can't use a new (full size) spare if the other tires are 1/2 worn without possible transmission damage. To avoid buying 4 new tires I ordered one new tire from TireRack and they "shaved" the tire down to 7/32 to match the remaining tires. This 2004 A4 Cabriolet 3.0 rides great, drives great and the convertible top is great. With all of the features I expect some pricey repairs (this is not my first Audi) but I think it is worth the cost to drive a quality car.

I love this car

by Allwheel78 from New York , ny | May 4, 2012

It's pains me to have to sell this car ... Best driving car I've ever had , wait till you get it in the snow , it's like driving in the summer.

Best car I've owned

by nyccar lover from New York, NY | February 3, 2012

I love this car so much!! With the top down, it's the best car and saves a lot of gas!! I travel about 30 miles monday - friday and I fill it up every 9 or 10 days..and it's about 55 bucks, to fill it up..well in jersey..I travel to jersey everyday The color is gorgeous, it's a midnight blue. When I break, it's very smooth and not harsh..the only problem is when it rains real heavy and I mean SUPER HEAVY the top may leak just a bit on the sides of the car..and I mean about 3 - 4 drops at most. I must remind you it's only when it rains for a period of more than 24 - 48 hours.. Overall I love this car! I travel about.

Fun 6 speed wagon

by 3rd Audi Man from Kansas City | January 31, 2012

I bought my 04 1.8t 6 spd with 62,000. 2 years later, my only major cost was the timing belt (which is required). On highway trips, I averaged 28 to 30 MPG, while the city was around 24. The 6 speed was fun for acceleration and passing on the highway. The only reason for selling was that I am moving uo to an A6 for rear seat leg room (my son is 6' tall @ 15).

Most overall vehicle I've owned

by Audifan11 from Lyndon, KS | January 23, 2012

Wonderful car all around from interior looks to exterior design. Smooth ride and plenty of safety features. Would buy another for sure.

nice ride

by napolitano from casper, wy | November 17, 2011

I purchased a 2004 a4 4 months ago and so far so good, winter is just hitting here in Wyoming and the all wheel drive quattro system is awesome, great traction and handling on the snow covered interstate. The interior and exterior is of high qualiity, no complaints here. The one thing I would say about this car if your looking to purchase one is get ready to go to the dealership. Everything for it, antifreeze, power steering fluid, you name it, its hard to dind anywhere other than the dealership. Definitely do your homework before you purchase but so far I'm a happy customer, good luck in the search

The joys of owning an A4(If you like repair bills)

by DERBS from Phildelphia, PA | August 11, 2011

I bought my 2004 A4 1.8T quattro CPO Titanium trim level, 6-speed manual, all power with cold-weather package. The car cannot handle any kind of tough driving ... period. Audi has known for years about the problems with the fuel pump and ignition coils. Neither of which are covered under warranty for this particular model year. Audi Corporate and any of the 6 local Philly dealership accept responsibility whatsoever for the shortcomings of their cars on the road. Various other issues including drive axles, door window regulators, outside hinge on the glove box not being oiled at on the production line, Cup holders over the instrumentation and front handle breakage on the center console are all weak areas for this particular model. Now with all that being said - when the car is operational it is fantastic and fun to drive. It is a beast in the snow. Quattro is the best all-wheel drive system hands down. But if the car is off warranty be prepared to spend an average of $500 (and I'm rounding down with this dollar amount) every time it goes into the shop. Also beware of Audi CPO in the end what you think is a great deal is, in reality, just words. At 90K miles get ready to either trade-in the vehicle or get the timing belt replaced = $1500.00 repair if you're lucky - cause a new motor will cost you upwards of $5500 smackers. Good luck and safe driving.

Best Car I've Owned

by Sabermom from Waterbury, CT | May 17, 2011

Bought this car new, (A4 Quattro) all service covered first 100,000. (so I ?? earlier post about 10K in repairs first year?) Needed regular maintenance, nothing special. Car was AWESOME in the snow!! Handled better than other vehicles I've owned including Silverado 4x4, Chevy Blazer and Jeep CJ7. This is a drivers car. The handling and steering is tight, sporty feel vs smooth luxury ride. Back seat is a little small but I didn't ue it much. Always felt safe and it's simply a cute car. Love that German engineering!!!

Fun with High Quality Value

by Just sayin' from Lafayette, La | November 12, 2010

Real nice value as a used vehicle. Bought it with 65k on it. It is a manual 6 speed. The Quattro and turbo make for exciting rally quality. It's not a roadster in the muscle car gendre, and the asymmetric torque and kick from the turbo takes a while to get used to, but when learned, its a blast. It's more economical than most hybrids when handled gently yet you release a tiger on demand. Lots of high end trim features that were never in or seem to be getting rarer in new models of American manufactors.

Featured Services for this Audi A4