2012 Audi A4

2012 Audi A4

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Audi A4 4dr AWD quattro Sedan shown

Overall

Great car but bad wheels

by Alan with an Audi from Virginia | September 9, 2014

I love the performance and style of my 2012 Audi A4, but I have a real issue with the wheels. I have already had to replace all 4 wheels after 2 years because they were out of round (according to the dealer). A year after I replaced 4 wheels and bought 2 new tires, I still have a bad ride. (vibration, noise), not smooth like when I bought it. I know the low profile tires can be a problem (stated in owners manual), but I don't think I have hit any major potholes, etc. I am afraid one of my replaced wheels is now out of round and needs to be replaced again. I wish the A4 had better wheels. I might look elsewhere when I buy my next car.

cute but uncomfortable

by uncomfortable seats from Portland | August 17, 2014

If you drive for more than 15 minutes you can count on getting a back ache. The seats are rock hard. I knew by the time I drove the new car home that the Audi A4 is not a driving car. Good to run to the store but not to the beach. It does not offer any luxury, just good handling in a rough riding uncomfortable car!

CPO Audi is the way to go

by Car Crazy Dude from MA | July 13, 2014

I found a certified pre-owned Audi A4 on cars.com and I got a great deal on a car I love. You can't beat the warranty and value in buying a CPO.

the excellent 2012 audi a4 quattro

by audinator from NH USA | May 25, 2014

Gorgeous looks in and out. Fabulous performance. juicy handling. For the price you get possibly the world's best vehicle. Can never get enouph drive time.

A4 brakes

by AKG from Plano, TX | January 24, 2014

I purchased my A4 new in 2011. The first winter there was no problem with the brakes. In the winter of 2012 the brakes started squeaking. I thought maybe it’s just cold, but 50 degrees is not cold. I took it in and the advisor said it was brake dust build up. He dusted my brakes and they were better for a month. Now in winter 2013 they are squeaking again. Again I took it to the advisor who said it is just what Audi brakes do and I should just brake differently. I called Audi Customer Service and got the same response, it is just what Audi brakes do. I am a person who hates rattles and noises in my cars so this is beyond annoying for me. I would have not bought this car if I had known their brakes sounded like this. The other aspects of the car that could use improvement are the cup holders are too small and the sunglass holder is too small, but I knew that going in. I also think that Audi should have been able to provide Bluetooth audio. Plugging in your phone into the glove box is pretty old technology. The performance of the car is great. I love the look and the comfort it provides and the gas millage is great.

Nothing else

by JAG from New Hampshire | November 13, 2013

I recently bought a 2012 Audi A4, This is the second A4 we have owned and will probably own another when it's time to retire this one. This car is probably one of the best driving experiences you can have for the money. This is a vehicle which not only provides luxury, but fuel efficiency, quickness, and incredible control under all driving conditions. Do yourself a favor and try one.

Audi A4 Quattro S-Line

by Jon from Evergreen, CO | October 7, 2013

I just purchased a 2012 Audi A4 Quattro with 17K miles and so far I've been most pleased with my purchase. Although not quite the driver's car as my previous BMW 330xi, it does handle quite nicely and gets better gas mileage. I haven't experienced heavy snow driving since delivery of my A4; but I fully expect this Quattro to handle in snow as well my previous 330xi. My only disappointment with this car, which has the sports package, is the comfort of the driver's seat. I had the sports seats in my BMW also, so I'm familiar with the pull-out bottom cushion; however, I'm not finding a comfortable driving position no matter what I do in my Audi A4. When I test drove Audi's I only experienced the regular seats, which, at the time, felt more comfortable... My A4 does not have a separate start/stop button; everything is controlled with the key, which i really like as compared to the BMW's, which required inserting a key AND pushing the start/stop button.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Audi fan! from Newark, DE | May 22, 2013

Before this I had never owned a luxury car Besides my husband having a Bmw M3 in the late 1990s so I didn't really know what to expect. I looked at a Bmw 335i and a Mercedes E350. The Mercedes being the most expensive car I looked at. The Audi A4 was the cheapest car and had far more standard features than the E class or the 335. I didn't know much about Audi as a brand other than my 13 year old son recommended it to me and I'm very glad he did. The Audi was the first car I test drove and I got in and just fell in love intimately. The Mercedes interior was too old and luxurious and the Bmw was too sporty and bland for my taste and in my opinion the A4 blended them in perfectly. While test driving I was shocked how fast it accelerated I thought it was v6 or an underpowered V8 and I was shocked to learn it was a four cylinder! The Quattro all wheel drive system is truly amazing. It was the first winter where I didn't once slide or get stuck. My car stickered for $44,500 and had Standard Leather seats, sunroof, and push to start key entree starting around $32,000! They were all options on The Bmw and Mercedes. To have either the 3 series or E class with the same options I had would of cost more than $50,000. So you are getting great value for your money. The 2.0T engine is amazing. And very fast for a four cylinder and I am a very fast driver and I average about 25 miles to the gallon on premium. I fell in love with this car and I wish I had gotten An A6 or S4 but just getting into the brand will make you love it! I love Audi so much now that I made a vanity plate "Meowdee" showing my love for cats and Audis! With reliability it could be better. There were a few electrical problems that I thought were unexceptional for a car in that class but they were easy free fixes at the dealer ship. Other than that The A4 is a great car! I can't wait to pass it down to my son and possibly get an S4 or A6. I don't honestly think I will ever buy anything else now.

Coolest Car I've Owned

by Audi enthusiast from Brecksville, OH | February 9, 2013

Very stylish and great performance. Turbo really makes this car fun to drive. Overall great car that is also reliable.

This car burnt oil

by Eric from CT | August 17, 2012

My car has been burning 1 quart of oil every 2500 miles. The dealer "fixed" it, but it still burns 1 quart every 3000 miles. Both the dealer and Audi told me that 1 quart every 1200 mile is within specs.